x-man 30-Jul-19
wyobullshooter 30-Jul-19
Ermine 31-Jul-19
Franklin 31-Jul-19
The rookie 31-Jul-19
The rookie 31-Jul-19
ELKMAN 04-Aug-19
28-Jul-19
I have a dozen new victory elite v1 arrows that I’m going to start fletching soon. I have almost always used blazers and they have worked good for me but I don’t care for how loud they are. Thinking about trying something new. Would like to stick with those 3 styles as that’s what the local shop has. I will be shooting a 530ish grain arrow with slicktrick and snuffer SS broadheads. What’s your guys thoughts?Thanks.

28-Jul-19
I don`t believe they`re "loud"....I think some think they are louder than another vane. Does it make a big difference....IMO, no.

I think bowhunters are tinkerers by nature. We constantly fine tune our equipment and are always looking for an advantage. I think everyone`s setup and style of hunting should be personal preference.

29-Jul-19
I've been using them for years, I've never had a problem with loud.

29-Jul-19
For fixed heads, I would use the Blazers also. The Blazer X2 are maybe too small for a snuffer and the X vanes are noisier than the regular Blazers in my experience.

29-Jul-19
Thanks guys. I was shooting with some buddies a while back and I stopped behind the corner of the house as they were shooting. The smaller profile vanes were quite a bit quieter than the blazers. Probably just stick with blazers.

29-Jul-19
Blazers are loud in my opinion. If you think they aren’t compare them to some low profile vanes and see the difference. Other than the noise they are a great vane

29-Jul-19
I’ve never bought into the “Blazers are too loud” sentiment either. Then again, maybe I’ve just been lucky and only came across deaf critters all these years?

30-Jul-19
It's not the sound of the vanes that spook deer nearly as much as the thud of the release. At least in my experience. The vanes make noise as they go by but by then it's too late.

30-Jul-19
Yup

31-Jul-19
Yea I’m not saying you will have a problem spoiling animals. But can’t argue the fact that there is noise with high profile vanes. I think for most animals the noise of the arrow doesn’t matter. But for some species (coues deer or axis deer, etc). The noise of the arrow can in fact matter forsure

31-Jul-19
I agree x-man.....when the very first drop aways came out I couldn`t get over the noise they made....I still can`t. I have a QAD on one of my bows and that thing makes a pretty load slap. It doesn`t matter how much moleskin or padding you use. Not to mention an internal metal "tink" sound.

31-Jul-19

The rookie's embedded Photo
Thanks fellows, ended up going 4 fletch on 6 of the x vanes and going to do my next 6 in blazers. Liking the 4 x vanes so far. Agree that it’s to late if animal was to hear the arrow but always fun to try different things.

31-Jul-19

Thanks fellows, ended up going 4 fletch on 6 of the x vanes and going to do my next 6 in blazers. Liking the 4 x vanes so far. Agree that it’s to late if animal was to hear the arrow but always fun to try different things.

04-Aug-19
"They" are VERY loud...

• Sitka Gear