Jesus'Hogskinner 30-Jul-19
INbowdude 03-Aug-19
RK 03-Aug-19
Buffalo1 04-Aug-19
drycreek 04-Aug-19
INbowdude 04-Aug-19
bad karma 05-Aug-19
28-Jul-19
Who is interested in this type of paid hunts. We're thinking of making it a thing on the Shiloh in the summer! Let's see some feedback.

28-Jul-19
No

28-Jul-19
only for world class wolds, at less than 100yds

28-Jul-19
Personally, I wouldn’t pay to shoot a hog, any hog, but I understand why some folks would. People who don’t think it’s ok to shoot hogs with thermal or night vision don’t have hogs 24/7/365. I do, and they are vermin.

28-Jul-19
Yes

29-Jul-19
Ditto on what drycreek said. Those night hunts would be a hoot (and let you pretend you're a Navy Seal snuffing Talibanis).

30-Jul-19
It may affect your day hunts but they are very fun. Lots of folks ask about night hunting at our family place in Texas. You'll have folks that don't know anything about thermal equipment using expensive stuff, maybe go guided for the night hunts. We also found out folks that don't know your property can get turned around at night and might shoot something other than a hog. Good luck, you will sell those hunts if you go that route, adds lots more late night work to your day as well.

30-Jul-19
I think it would be like running coon dogs at night and expecting the deer to act normal while hunting them during the day. It is not a good mix of hunting activities.

If I were aware that the thermal hunting was happening at the same time I had planned a day hunt- I would not hunt there. Have you considered running "Summer Special" hunt to draw hunters when pig hunting is traditionally slow?

Overall, my only comment about Shiloh Ranch- the reputation and success the ranch has had is- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

30-Jul-19
I’ve been on several night hunts with lights, infra red and night vision equipment. They were fun to do but not quite as successful or fun as daytime hunts. But I’m certainly glad I tried them out. If nothing else, it gave me experience so I could say “I’ve done it” versus “I’ve not done it but I’m an expert”. Go for it!

30-Jul-19
Yes we're just testing the waters. My thoughts were summer only and night only during that time frame. As the temps cool wed

03-Aug-19

INbowdude's Link
I actually did this hunt with Matt and Cheryl when they were trying it out. It is definitely an interesting hunt. Way different than the bowhunting I've enjoyed there. I'm glad I did it but I probably wouldn't do it again. Just my personal preference. Kind of like folks that only shoot traditional or never take shots over 20 yards. Their personal preference. If you are interested, here's a video of my hunt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plVL9nYk8AI

03-Aug-19
Dang bowdude you really crossed over to the dark side on that one LMAO !!

04-Aug-19
Bowdude,

Are you a double agent?

I always looked at you as the poster child for Shiloh Ranch !

You never know.

04-Aug-19
To make it clear, we NEVER hunt hogs at night very close to or during deer season. This is reserved for after the season has closed until around the last of July and only that late if it’s not too hot. I’ve never found anything I like to do if it’s 95* outside and the humidity is the same. Besides that, hog hunting for me is about how many I can kill, and run off of my place. When they find out they aren’t safe even in the dark, they will move somewhere else. Hogs ain’t stupid !

04-Aug-19
RK, Blame it on Matt! LOL Heck he even talked me in to using a crossbow once. Buffalo1, LOL, I was a big Shiloh fan indeed. Tough to turn away tasty critters.

05-Aug-19
I also shot a nice boar at Shiloh Ranch with a thermal night sight. It was a pretty cool thing to do. I would do it again without hesitation.

• Sitka Gear