Wally 30-Jul-19
COHOYTHUNTER 30-Jul-19
Corn bore 30-Jul-19
SDHNTR(home) 31-Jul-19
bad karma 31-Jul-19
Tom 02-Aug-19
Animal Killer 13-Aug-19
30-Jul-19
My Halon 32 - 6 is paper tuned beautifully. But when I adjusted the weight up on my limbs I noticed I can only achieve a max poundage of 67 pounds. I'm the only owner of this bow and it has ABB platinum strings on it in great shape. Is this normal for Mathews. And yes it has 70 pound limbs on it.

30-Jul-19
Check ata and bh. Usually adjusting the cables will adjust draw weight. Did it achieve 70lbs with the factory strings?

30-Jul-19
Strings are like new. It did achieve 70 lbs with the factory strings. I've been shooting it at 63 but was turning it up this weekend playing with speed and arrow weights when I noticed. Not sure it's a big deal right now as the bow is tuned as perfect as it could be otherwise. But was caught off guard by the poundage.

30-Jul-19
Not terribly unusual. If the new string is slightly shorter and the new cables slightly longer, you could easily lose 3#.

30-Jul-19
Just tossing an idea out here.........

It sounds like a string/cable adjustment is off allowing the rollover to wall position (draw length) being achieved before advertised draw weight is achieved??

30-Jul-19
Thanks Guys

30-Jul-19
A handful of twists in the cables will get you there. However if it’s tuned and in spec otherwise ...why mess with it for three pounds?

30-Jul-19
I got the same bow. Goes a little over 70lbs. Still factory strings and 2 yrs old. I have it slightly off max at 68lbs. Shooting my 448 gr arrow at 284 fps.

30-Jul-19
I'm shooting 67 pounds with 440 grain arrows @ 291

30-Jul-19
strings not to spec

30-Jul-19
3 pounds....really that’s close if tuned good and shooting good why change.

31-Jul-19
Lousy stock Mathews strings. Cables stretched in the first few shots. Common place. Bows should always be tuned back to specs after the strings settle in, 100+ shots or so. Not a big deal at all, just don't be surprised if they stretch right back out again. Or replace with a quality aftermarket string set. When I shot Mathews, I wouldn't even leave the shop with a brand new bow without swapping out the string set first.

31-Jul-19
I have a rule about changing things on my bow. Archery seasons here start August 31 this year. Nothing on my bow changes unless it breaks unless it can be dialed in by June 1. Saves me a lot of headaches. For rifles, it's July 1.

YMMV. +

02-Aug-19
I put new strings on my bow last fall, in doing so I lost 12 ft/sec. Was an emergency replacement and had to use it. Didn't matter cause I didn't get a shot. Replaced with Mathews strings, got my speed and poundage back to where it was supposed to be. New strings were lots thicker for one thing, won't buy them again but was the only way to get hunting on time, broken strands while adjusting bow at bow shop...opps

13-Aug-19
give both cables 6 twists and that will give you 70lbs

• Sitka Gear