PTArcher1 30-Jul-19
Schl44 30-Jul-19
WapitiBob 30-Jul-19
YZF-88 30-Jul-19
TexasBuck 15-Aug-19
White Falcon 15-Aug-19
huntabsarokee 15-Aug-19
30-Jul-19
I'm looking for ideas. I have several but seeing if there are better ones. So, here in Colorado when transporting a bow on an ATV, one must keep the bow cased, so those claw things that mount to the front rack will not work. I could use a soft or hard case and bungee or strap it to the front or rear rack, but curious if anyone has anything ingenious that has worked for them. My point of concern are obvious ones; keeping the bow/strings free from dust, minimal bouncing around to avoid knocking anything loose and of course not damaging the bow/arrows.

30-Jul-19

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
This is what I have done. I took two short pieces of 2 x 4 used U-bolts to to the front rack of my Polaris. Then I took the foam out of the bow case. Took wood screws with large washers and screw through the case into the 2x4. That case is been on my four wheeler for years with no problems. If I want to take off only takes a minute.

30-Jul-19
That is actually the exact idea I had, same case and everything.. but it would limit the use of that upper light.. but I guess not a necessity with two lower lights

30-Jul-19
Another thing I did before that is if you want to use those "claw things" was to take a cheap soft case and cut two small holes and put "claw things" threw before mounting to ATV. Put bow in it and zip it up.

30-Jul-19
True - I find I have plenty of light with the lower ones. Some ATVs only have the upper one. That would be a problem. You could do the same on the back rack I guess.

30-Jul-19
Another ATV tip a buddy put me on to is most ATV are a few inches to long to fit into the back of a short wide truck bed and close tailgate. Get a set of Auto Ramps like in the link and put in front of bed to drive front wheels onto. It will give you enough space to close tailgate.

30-Jul-19
I did similar to JohnMC, except I cut several (6 actually) slots in the bottom of the bow case, with foam removed. Then I ran nylon strapping thru the slots and then around the front rack. Did one on each side front to back and one longer one side to side. Tighten them up, put the foam back in and has worked like a charm. Real easy on/off if you need use of the rack.

30-Jul-19
I have a Kolpin Bow boot on my atv. Its the best way to transport your bow. Have had mine for 7 years. The problem is that Kolpin stoped making them. One in awhile ive see them on ebay or Craigs list.

30-Jul-19
Two bungee cords and a soft sided case has worked for me for years. Soft cases ride soft. I shook a leupold scope apart that was riding in a padded hard case on a quad, on a decent road.

30-Jul-19
I have an skb case like tha. A while back I posted a thread with pics of mounts I designed and 3D printed to quickly mount to my ATV. Worked great but always find myself just strapping it to my pack now.

15-Aug-19
RUGID Bow Case from rugidgear.com. Bought one for a Colorado elk hunt in a GMU that allows ATVs. It is the absolute bomb....!!

15-Aug-19

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
Compound in case strapped on front rack. Stick bow in side holder.

15-Aug-19
We just bungee the hard case on the rear rack. Often we have 2 stacked on top of each other. We have done this many times and then just leave the case next to the ATV when we hunt.

• Sitka Gear