3dvapor 31-Jul-19
ElkNut1 31-Jul-19
Jackaroo 31-Jul-19
TrapperKayak 31-Jul-19
Z Barebow 01-Aug-19
elkmtngear 01-Aug-19
Buskill 01-Aug-19
31-Jul-19
Why. I'm going to idaho (unit 27) this fall, sept 15-30. Just looking for advice on weather, temp, clothing. It's my first trip there and just wanna get some insite on what to expect from the weather. Obviously it can change drastically, I just dont wanna pack unneeded weight. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

31-Jul-19
I would plan for all ranges of temperature from 80 to 20 with rain snow and wind .

31-Jul-19
...like Hunt said, and that’s just the first afternoon :-)

31-Jul-19
Im from washington and nobody gets out to hunt when it snows or rains there. lol. The roads become a mess though so that doesnt help.

31-Jul-19
Those dates for that unit are an Any Weapon hunt, I hope you are taking a rifle, it's one hell of a unit, steep & deep with lots of horse guys. The trailheads will be pretty well stocked with horse trailers & outfitters! There are few trails! Good luck!

p.s. bring lots of gear to combat any conditions. Take each day a day at a time & only carry what you need for that day! It's a horse unit more so than a bivy unit!

ElkNut/Paul

31-Jul-19
I think it was 1987 when it was 100 during the day and would freeze at night. In the mid 70s there was much more snow than there is now and I can remember out running a storm that dumped 4’. However it’s mostly dry highs in the 90s lows in the 30s

31-Jul-19
Moved to Bozeman on Labor Day 1977. Snowed 10" in town, two feet in the Bridgers. Be prepared for any kind of weather like the above guys said. Chances are it won't snow, but it could.

01-Aug-19
As we say in North Dakota, "You can get frostbite on your sunburn".

01-Aug-19

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
Ahhh...September in Idaho!

01-Aug-19
That time in Idaho I’ve experienced weather from 80’s and sunny to snow all over and freezing. Never deep snow but everything was white.

• Sitka Gear