pahoyt 02-Aug-19
FORESTBOWS 02-Aug-19
LUNG$HOT 02-Aug-19
cnelk 02-Aug-19
KsRancher 02-Aug-19
fubar racin 03-Aug-19
txhunter58 03-Aug-19
31-Jul-19
The official leftover big game limited licenses LIST for deer, elk, bear and pronghorn is now available.

There are more than 54,500 big game hunting licenses available on the leftover list this year.

Bear – more than 6,000 limited licenses available Deer – more than 10,250 limited licenses available Elk – more than 30,600 limited licenses available Pronghorn – more than 7,700 limited licenses available

The leftover licenses go on sale Tuesday, August 6 at 9 a.m. (MDT).

Big Game Over-the-Counter (OTC) Unlimited Licenses & Bear OTC? Licenses with Caps go on sale Thursday, August 8 at 9 a.m. (MDT).

NOTE: at 9 a.m. licenses will be available for purchase online (CPWshop.com), by phone at 1-800-244-5613, in person at CPW offices and at license retailers (sporting goods stores, hunting and fishing supply stores, etc.).

Get Ready for Leftover Day

31-Jul-19
I got that email too. Curious, how do these numbers compare to prior years (generally speaking)?

31-Jul-19
The only thing that rivals the bitching of max sheep/moose/goat hunters every year is the people who don’t get their tag Tuesday morning!

31-Jul-19
I heard they changed the sale date to the 7th...

01-Aug-19
Man there is a tag on there I’d give my left nut to have again but just can’t swing the dates with my schedule this fall. Oh well, maybe next year :)

01-Aug-19
unscheduled computer shutdown is set for 9:00:02 MDT

01-Aug-19
Steve, give them a little credit, if I remember right it went 62 seconds last year, I had the tag I wanted in my card and was crushing the purchase button when it happened...maybe we should start a pool for when the crash happens this year?

01-Aug-19
I didn't see near as many good elk tags on it this year as last.

01-Aug-19
I still don't understand how there can be dozens of leftovers in a unit that is oversubscribed and the draw odds are around 80% with zero points... Guys I know who didn't draw now have to scramble to buy a tag they should have drawn before. These aren't returns, because those don't go on sale until later in the month.

01-Aug-19
Lou, I think the list also includes re-issue.. so some folks that already chickened out of big elk country and took tags away from people who applied also who really wanted to hunt

CPW website "All additional reissued hunt codes that are not on the initial leftover list will be added starting August 13.?" key word there is additional.. so, just like previous years, the reissue list will be updated every week with new licenses turned by people that applied and took opportunity from people that really wanted to hunt..

01-Aug-19
There could very easily be some true non hunters applying for tags each year and they may even have PPs.

01-Aug-19
You'd be a fool to think otherwise.

01-Aug-19
There are reissued tags on there already as well as tags that didn't get payments processed in time also

02-Aug-19
My understanding is that with the way Colorado does things now there are quite a few good leftovers. Guys apply, draw the tag, and when they attempt to run the card on file it gets denied for non-sufficient funds, canceled card or a change in banking info has occurred. That individual then has 20 days to pay for the tag. If not paid for it hits the leftover list. Definitely some good tags on there this year. Get ready for a shit show!

02-Aug-19

02-Aug-19
You do not lose preference points by getting a left over tag correct? What is the best way to do this? Online, in person, or over the phone. What have past experiences been?

02-Aug-19
do you have a link

02-Aug-19
Always guys camping out night before in line at th DOW office

02-Aug-19
^^^^ literally camped out! It’s entertaining to say the least. But as they say you can’t win if you don’t play the game.

Darkhollow, it’s hit or miss either way you go. If in person at the DOW your at the mercy of the speed of the person typing in your hunt codes. If at home on line you’d better have a great internet connection with high speed processor if you want to have a shot at anything decent. Imagine 30,000 people across the country sitting at their computers at the exact same time with a LOT of them (thousands) entering the exact same hunt code as you waiting until the stroke of 9am to hit the enter button and hope yours gets through first. The server usually “crashes” within the first 60 or so second because of the massive influx of people on the site at the same time! Have fun and good luck. Lol

02-Aug-19
I remember back in '95, I slept on the asphalt, in the parking lot, to be 2nd in line - for a cow elk tag

02-Aug-19
Will this list be updated very often?

03-Aug-19
Every week I believe ks

03-Aug-19
This is pretty good reading if you are going to go for a tag

https://coloradooutdoorsmag.com/2019/07/31/2019-leftover-license-tips/?utm_source=CPW-Web&utm_medium=Feature-3&utm_campaign=Leftover-Day-Guide-COMag-2019

Couple of takeaways:

If you have logged into CPWshop.com before 9 a.m. and are waiting for leftover licenses to go on sale, only go as far as the residency page. If you go past this page prior to 9 a.m. in an effort to get ahead and purchase faster, you will need to log out and back in once leftover licenses are on sale in order to purchase

Also, if you plan on “camping out” at some office. Be sure and check with that office. Some of them do a lottery instead of first come first served

Reissued Licenses – All additional reissued hunt codes that aren’t on the initial leftover list will be randomly added starting Aug. 13. When reissued licenses are available, the new hunt codes will appear on the list Tuesday thru Friday (throughout the season) from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

• Sitka Gear