badguybuster 05-Aug-19
Grubby 05-Aug-19
Grubby 15-Aug-19
WV Mountaineer 15-Aug-19
Grubby 15-Aug-19
Boone 15-Aug-19
Scrappy 15-Aug-19
01-Aug-19
Very green to hang and hunt type sets, only done it once out at my grandfathers place but I am eager to explore new public ground around me.

I have a Hawk Helium stand, not sure if I'm going to upgrade to something lighter just yet or not.

What I'm mainly concerned about is a new set of sticks. Looking at the Muddy Pro or Hawk Helium 3 pack. Weight is a concern, however dual steps and ease of setup/use are more important to me-I can lose weight myself easier that worrying about a pound or two on my carry in!

Thanks all!

01-Aug-19
When I bought my hang-on/steps I looked at Millennium and Hawk. Ended up going with the Hawk Helium and 3 pack of steps...which ends up being lighter than the Millennium stand alone. I hated the big fat seat cushion on the Hawk so I modified it with a thinner design, but other than that I really like the combination...very light and the steps nest nicely with the stand for packing.

01-Aug-19
I have been using the muddy pro sticks for about 10 years.

I don't think the brand of sticks you buy is as important as getting your routine down. It will be extremely frustrating for a while and I believe a lot of guys give up the hang and hunt system before they get a good system established for themselves. Watch a ton of the how to videos on YouTube and get out in the yard and practice.

A really good pack to haul everything solved all my weight issues. Now I don't worry about what everything weighs, I just take what I need for the hunt

01-Aug-19
I use Lone Wolf and like them. They are light and easy to hang.

01-Aug-19
Check out Dan Infalt's beast sticks. They are light and they have double steps. I picked up a set of 4 last year and they are well made.

01-Aug-19
Oh I forgot to add please don't fall into the trap that you need 1,000 dollars worth of sticks. COME ON MAN$$$$$$

01-Aug-19
Not sticks, but an alternative to consider.

Wild Edge steps. They take a little bit longer to attach (at least when you're learning), but are a nice, compact bundle to carry in.

Once you get used to them, there are methods of climbing that can reduce the number required to climb.

01-Aug-19
Hawk Helium. Love them

01-Aug-19
I use both the LW's and the Hawks, just got the Hawks last year so not a ton of hang and hunts with them but really like them and they pack better than the LW but the LW I am so used to I would recommend them first. Shawn

01-Aug-19
I have the Hawk Heliums and LW as well. Trying my hardest to like the LW better, but I just can’t. They are slightly lighter, but I can’t get used to not having steps on both sides of the sticks. A few times coming down in the dark I was searching for a step that wasn’t there!!!

01-Aug-19
I have lone wolf and second the system comment. You need to get a system down. That being said, from the looks online i like the XOP better than Lone Wolf if I was to buy again.

02-Aug-19
I've used LW and Hawk both with rope mod. Both work well and when LW decides to add a double step to the top of at least one stick they will be perfect. Until then they are good but not great.

02-Aug-19
I have the hawk helium stand and the hawk steps. Did the rope mod on it. Used it all of last year and worked great. Hiked back into a lot of places. Quick set up and take down.

05-Aug-19
Those beast sticks look good, however will still need stealth stripped, and at $160 for two + shipping that's awfully steep.

05-Aug-19
Beast sticks for sure...

05-Aug-19

Scrappy's Link
For those that love their lone wolf sticks but wish you had both sides on the top step you can buy an aftermarket step.

05-Aug-19
This is not what you asked. But, the wild edge strap on steps are pretty dang nice.

05-Aug-19
The wild edge look pretty good, might have to try them.

05-Aug-19
Wild edge steps are back ordered 4 weeks.

05-Aug-19
Sportsman guide has a version of the cam over WE steps for half the price. I just ordered 8 of them.

05-Aug-19
Instead of sticks....try and ascender and climbing rope. Super quiet and easy to use

05-Aug-19
I actually ordered some of the primals from sportsman’s too. Not as nice as the we steps but similar I want to try them with my tree saddle.

15-Aug-19
Good deal on hawk Heliums on camofire today

15-Aug-19
I can’t find them on camofire

15-Aug-19
Must have sold out

15-Aug-19
I'm with JTV, I like my 4 lone wolf sticks the the rope assist.

15-Aug-19
Badguybuster

Instead of sticks....try and ascender and climbing rope. Super quiet and easy to use.

Can you explain to us how your going to get the rope up the tree???????

• Sitka Gear