midwest 01-Aug-19
Brotsky 01-Aug-19
Deertick 01-Aug-19
jstephens61 01-Aug-19
BULELK1 02-Aug-19
Franzen 02-Aug-19
grossklw 02-Aug-19
01-Aug-19
We're about a month away from WY opener, I've looked and looked and can't seem to find a decent area. Not looking for anyone's honey holes just a trailhead to get started on would be appreciated with a ravine that has held elk in the past. I'm willing to put my boots on the ground and get way back there.

Nah just kidding, I've got spots A-F figured out. Leave on September 13th, who's ready?????

01-Aug-19
Head up the Big Bull trailhead in the Snowyiez, or try Jackwagon canyon west of Jackson,

Cow Cache south of Dufus pass out of Big Hole Wy can be good early or late but never before or after, just depends. If you're looking for a lesser known honey hole give Little Bull creek a try. especially the headwaters coming off Hemorrhoid peak thata be in da center of last gasp basin.

Or try forest rd 01134 off the left track from were the BLM land meets the National Forest, go 1.2 kilometers until the burnt pine, look for a footpath on the south side, it can be hard to find, it’s not called a honey hole because it’s easy. continue upslope until u get to a clearing with 2 very large ponderosa pine trees, if there not very large your not in the right clearing, you should be in the left clearing, if you find a lot of Snicker wrappers laying around your doing good. They were left there by my late uncle on my mothers side, he always took a break here and became sort of a tradition and good luck omen. Don’t be side tracked by all the bugling, grunting and chortling that will be coming from the private land to the east. continue thru the two large pines heading west, go about 5oo maybe 8oo meters to dead end trail, with a lot of old rusted steal mining equipment left over from the abandon Lying Mine. locally known as Mine Lying. Since there is no longer a visible trail, you will have to bushwhack from this point. Do a broad sweeping reverse - J -hook walkabout till you come to this prominent rock pile, which should put u back toward the east abou 2oo hundred yards off the private property, in a saddle. this is the escape corridor from the private property, back up into the DARK timber. this saddle spot is fantastic the first two days of the season as those face painted nimrods paying the big bucks to hunt the low country private with there utv, atv, and Rv’s that chase all the 100 yds missed shot at the 350, 380 and 400 plus bulls up to you. normally I’d be there myself, but I don’t have anymore wall space and you seem like a nice guy, just don’t tell anyone else..... OK }>>>>~~~~~>

<•,•>

01-Aug-19
Dang you Huntcell!! That’s MY Honey Hole! :)

01-Aug-19
Ohiohunter as long as you leave F alone we can probably work it out. F is where I've passed on a few 350 bulls in years passed because it was too easy. If I strike out at my first few spots I'll head there the last afternoon to fill my tag.

01-Aug-19
I don't even bother calling, I actually wear ear plugs with all the bugling to save on my long term hearing.

01-Aug-19
Funny post, and thread! Before I finished reading the OP, I was like, is this guy for real?!?! Ha ha!

I’m headed to Wyoming on the 13th too. The hard part is, which spot am I gonna go to first? Lots of places I want to get back to and new spots to check out.

01-Aug-19
Headed out after work on 9/11. Probably be sleeping at Walmart campground in Chadron then make camp in Wyo on the 12th.

01-Aug-19
Leaving 9/4 hunting until 9/15. Hopefully I have enough time to hit all of these honey holes!

01-Aug-19
Camping 8/30 ... will hunt 9/1, maybe a little on 9/2 ... big event is in Colorado this year for me, so the WY bulls will have to be very cooperative. I'm going to the camp I call "One Day Hunt" ... because it got it's name for a reason.

01-Aug-19
Think I’m gonna do F-A this year. Usually end up with F anyway, figure I’ll save time and start there.

02-Aug-19
We'll be in Wyo elk Camp the 15th---------->

I have Utah bow elk first...…

Good luck, Robb

02-Aug-19
Usually the plan is to go to A only to find that it isn't smoking hot or that there is some pain in the rear issue with hunting A. So, along to B then C I go, only to realize that I should have stayed at A all along! Good luck gents, I'll be at home with the kids.

02-Aug-19
I'll be leaving WI on the 13th and hunting the 15th through the 26th, it's a long haul from WI but I actually enjoy the drive. Window time with a buddy that I only see in September makes for a great trip. I do actually have a few different irons in the stove should our usual spot change for whatever reason. I imagine I'll be killing the elk in self-defense they will be so fired up.

• Sitka Gear