Ucsdryder 06-Aug-19
x-man 06-Aug-19
walks with a gimp 06-Aug-19
x-man 07-Aug-19
walks with a gimp 07-Aug-19
walks with a gimp 07-Aug-19
x-man 08-Aug-19
04-Aug-19
Looking for a used or new set of 40 to 50 pound limbs for a Diamond Iceman for an older bowhunter that wants to stay in the game. Have his old but good ones for a possible trade?

04-Aug-19
Have you called bowtech. I'd be willing to bet they'll send you a new bow if they have one. I've broken 2 bowtechs, called and asked to buy limbs as it was my fault. Both times they sent me a new bow without question or even a proof of sales. Incredible customer service albeit extremely slow. Great company

04-Aug-19
The bow is fine he just can't draw it with the 60 to70 pound limbs. I think he's 71 now and still wants to hunt. He will buy a new bow probably if he can't find limbs.

04-Aug-19
Gotcha. Still call them. They might surprise you

05-Aug-19
BowTech doesn't have any. Tried to re-register with Archery Talk to look there but having no luck with that... Might be able to make up a longer string and cable to get the weight down.

05-Aug-19

Bowboy's Link
You might want to contact Barnsdale. They might be able to make him a set.

05-Aug-19
That's an idea! Thanks.

05-Aug-19
Don't look like he has any plans to make them. from his web site; I have had many inquiries about Bowtech split limbs for the Insanity, Invasion, RPM 360 and other models that use the same limbs. I do not currently make these limbs. My plans were to have these limb available by years end, time permitting. Unfortunately, I have not had the time I need to get the job done.

There seems to be quite the demand for these limbs. I have had hundreds and hundreds of phone calls and emails about them. If I had all the time I expended on answering them, the job would be done.

I don't know for sure when I will have these limbs available, I will make them as soon as I can. I will not try to predict how long or when they will be available.

If this is the limb you are looking for, please check back, when I get them done and in stock, I will have them on this page.

As for the older Bowtech split limbs, I have no immediate plans to build these.

Thank you for your interest and most of all, patience.

Dave Barnsdale

06-Aug-19
You can find some pretty solid deals on older bows on AT. You might surprise yourself with how cheap they are. Keep an eye out!

06-Aug-19
FYI longer string will increase the draw weight.

06-Aug-19
I was thinking about making a 1/2 inch longer cable and longer string to match but he is 250 miles away. This would take some preload off the limbs. He's trying to pull it now with the limb bolts backed out an inch or more and I advised him to stop turning them out any more. Wish I could get on AT as the password re-set isn't working..

07-Aug-19
Isn't the Iceman a single cam? If so, you don't want to mess with the cable length. That'll mess up the nock travel.

07-Aug-19
x-man by making a longer cable and string you are effectively lowering the poundage that same as backing the limb bolts out, keeping cam orientation the same. The factory cable is 34.312" long and the string is 89.75". That equates to the string being 2.26 times longer than the cable. If I made the cable .750" longer at 35.062", I'd need the string to be 91.862" long to be in the ball park. 35.062 X 2.62 = 91.862" I got re-registered on AT and posted a want to buy add so we'll see if anything is available.

07-Aug-19
Sorry for they typo. The multiplication number is 2.62

08-Aug-19
Unfortunately, you will find out you are mistaken. You would be better off increasing the draw length at the module and then shortening the string significantly. Leaving the cable alone.

• Sitka Gear