txhunter58 13-Aug-19
Aluminum Rain 13-Aug-19
G-Man 14-Aug-19
CPAhunter 15-Aug-19
AFTERMERLE 19-Aug-19
drycreek 19-Aug-19
eddie c 19-Aug-19
04-Aug-19
Had to get a c-pap and was wondering what you guys do when you are on hunting trips? Also, do any of you use the "so clean" type cleaners? Do they work as advertised? I have been doing the soap and water clean but seems I remember it when it's bedtime. Any info appreciated.

04-Aug-19
Kyrob, on year 8 now. Have a disturbance every 17 seconds, would have been dead within 10 years. Wish I had it sooner. Use it all the time. In bear camp or deer camp it easy,but same as elk camp. I hunted the Bob Marshall wilderness 5 years ago and took mine. Got a converter and deep cell marine battery. 10 hour horseback ride in. Still worked but got cold at night and caused condensation in the hose. Much better and smaller units available, also solar chargers etc. today.

04-Aug-19
A mouthpiece is an alternative for some folks when power is not available and weight is a factor.

On my CPAP I do not use the humidifier. It took some getting use to but makes it much easier to keep clean.

04-Aug-19
Absolutely get a SoClean machine. It's the best time saver to clean your system. You can turn it on manually or put it on the timer like I do. I use mine in a trailer but have had friends that run the c-pap and SoClean on a 12 volt battery. But, you have to use an adapter which I believe is a 24 volt for your c-pap. ResMed 90W converter 12v to 24v. SoClean also has a travel bag that can be used which is smaller and lighter.

04-Aug-19
I agree get a SoClean machine, unless you want frequent sinus infections. Been using C-pap since 2013.

05-Aug-19

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo

05-Aug-19
I use a mouthpiece when in the backcountry. It is not as effective as the cpap but way better than nothing.

05-Aug-19
Sorry I forgot. I got a SOClean for Christmas. Great investment. So much easier and better. Still wash machine once a month but better than every day.

05-Aug-19
Thanks for the info guys. Guess I’ll get a so clean and go from there.

13-Aug-19
I used a CPAP for years and about 5 years ago, lost a bunch of weight and don't need one anymore. I have used a Honda 2000 generator on an truck hunt in Colorado. Have used a CPAP battery (the camp had a generator during the day to recharge it) as well as a truck battery with an inverter attached. Lot's of outfitters in remote areas have generators they run during the day but turn off at night. One year we had several CPAP guys in camp and one guy with an electronically assisted prosthetic leg. The outfitter used more gasoline but ran the generator all night to accomodate us. Sure wish they would have had those cleaners when I used a CPAP as it probably would have saved me a ton of sinus infections.

13-Aug-19
Just bought my permanent cpap machine today, and bought a soclean as well. Have heard good things about soclean.

13-Aug-19
I use a Z-quiet mouthpiece and a breath-rite nasal strip when I am camping and without electricity. I tried a lot of various mouthpieces before trying that one and within 3 days of using it i stopped being in pain every morning when I woke up. I wasn’t getting restful sleep and my muscles would hurt every morning before trying the z-quiet. I felt so much better it convinced me to get a CPAP. Machine is definitely better but for me the Mouthpiece works “adequately” for a few days.

13-Aug-19
Has anyone tried a ResMed Air Mini? Looks like the answer for backpack hunters if a battery holds or can be charged.

14-Aug-19
For in the back country I bought a Human Design Medical Z2, with a Expion360 EXP 72Pro Battery Bank to try out. It should be good for around 5 days without recharging it. Total weight for the cpap, hose, mask and battery with connections is 4.56lbs. The unit is loader than a regular size one but i have gotten use to it. It also can be recharged by a 18V 40W solar charger when you get their solar controller.

15-Aug-19
For sure get the so-clean. You might check out a booster pack - the new ones are lightweight, not sure how long it holds a charge. https://www.walmart.com/ip/MSD-GB40-Battery-Charger/46605770?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227036810479&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=72948686809&wl4=pla-162717530449&wl5=9019725&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=46605770&veh=sem&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy5qLvYSG5AIVg4rICh0l7QNiEAQYBSABEgJFkvD_BwE

19-Aug-19
I've used my cpap for 10 years now. I simply bought a converter at Walmart and 100 ft. extension cord. I hook it up to my truck port. About every third day I start the truck to top off the battery and I'm ready for a couple of more nights. I ditched the humidifier for lack of need . I use nasal pillows opposed to a mask. My hunting partners are amazed at how quiet my machine is and how fast I fall asleep after donning the head gear. Sadly I clean my hoses maybe twice a year. I'm not recommending going that long.

19-Aug-19
I have an unused converter that I would sell cheap if anyone needs one. I thought I’d use it but never did. PM if interested.

And....get the So Clean, it’s worth the money.

19-Aug-19
If running my generator is not an option, I use a 375watt power inverter hooked to a battery. As far as the So clean, it wasn't on the market when I got my machine. I haven't bought one.

• Sitka Gear