jordanathome 24-Aug-19
Brookie 24-Aug-19
Brookie 24-Aug-19
Brookie 24-Aug-19
WV Mountaineer 25-Aug-19
'Ike' (Phone) 25-Aug-19
GF 25-Aug-19
04-Aug-19
So I have been using paracord, light strong all the right things to hang up meat in the meat bags. However.... I like to toss the cord over a tree limb and pull it up and this paracord seems to dig into the tree making it almost impossible to pull up. Any rope suggestions?? Maybe just use a larger diameter rope?

04-Aug-19
Tie a caribiner onto the end of the paracord. Toss it over the branch and let the caribiner slide down to head height.

Pull another length of paracord or some smaller diameter dynema through the carabiner to its center point.

Pull the first paracord up so that the caribiner is just below the branch an tie it off.

The carabiner is almost frictionless for you to use the second length of paracord or dynema to pull up meat bags or food packs.

The extra length of cord and ‘biner are lightweight and can come in handy at other times too.

04-Aug-19
Mule tape

04-Aug-19
Iv got a small pulley I use in the same way orionsbrother described but the carabiner seem so much better

04-Aug-19
Mule tape works pretty well I’ve found.

04-Aug-19
I just plait some cordage from the hair of the deceased elk. Make it real. Or mule tape.

04-Aug-19
Mule tape is good, but cam straps made for river running are better.

04-Aug-19
Dang, to simple isn't it. I always have a carabiner or two on me. Thanks!!!

04-Aug-19
Mule tape is the way to go.

05-Aug-19
what size paracord rope works best

05-Aug-19
You can make a pully system out of some para cord and three pieces of chain links

05-Aug-19
Mule tape has it uses, but is over kill for this job. Paracord is way more reasonably priced and will do the job just as good as mule tape.

05-Aug-19
Here's a good one: http://tbwpodcast.com/video-36-back-country-game-hoist/

05-Aug-19
I agree on mule tape used paracord last year but we didn't hang him high cause we packed out same day.

24-Aug-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
A fellow Bowsiter needed some mule tape so I gave him some.

24-Aug-19
Go to Lawsons equipment and get there shooting line and bear toggle for hanging meat and food bags in bear county. Thank me later

24-Aug-19
Not being a person familiar with the ways of stock animals, what exactly is mule tape used for?

24-Aug-19
Not mules. LOL

It is used to pull line through underground pipes.

24-Aug-19

cnelk's Link
See link

24-Aug-19
I musta saved a couple of bucks in the wrong place..... I tried paracord and that crap just kept stretching, stretching, stretching....

Is there a type that doesn’t stretch?

24-Aug-19
Mule tape is awesome stuff. If we’re on a job when the electric company pulls the service entrance line in, they give us the mule tape free if we ask them or it. Most I’ve seen is rated at 2500# and it has a lot of uses.

24-Aug-19
Nope. Paracord is useless in comparison to many ropes. No where near as strong or resilient either. At three times the weight and bulk. Buy some 1/8" amsteel if you want a rope that could double as a lifeline tow rope, etc... Or you could go a lot smaller with some zing it. Extremely strong for its size. I think it has about a 300 lb break strength. Micro line is about the size of 50 pound test line but has a 110 pound break strength. A whole spool weighs about 1.2 ounces. In short, there are at least a dozen better options for rope other then para cord, that are light years stronger, more pack-able, less to zero stretch, and more wear resistance. However, they are all going to be harder on your hands then mule tape, when hoisting up heavy loads.

24-Aug-19
My rope is better than your rope. Mule tape.

24-Aug-19
Mule tape is the sh**.

24-Aug-19
Mule tape is the sh**. I use the 2500# stuff it is crazy. I get it after it’s used at a job site though, so it doesn’t matter to me. Hell we throw it away at work once it’s use, I’ll I take it. If you need some i might have some for a beer or two

24-Aug-19
Mule tape is the sh**. I use the 2500# stuff it is crazy. I get it after it’s used at a job site though, so it doesn’t matter to me. Hell we throw it away at work once it’s use, I’ll I take it. If you need some i might have some for a beer or two

25-Aug-19
Jordan, 1/2" mule tape has a 2500 lb break strength. 1/2" Amsteel Blue has a break strength of 30.600 pounds. Your rope will hang meat just fine. But......

25-Aug-19
Was just going to ask what ‘Mule’ Tape was...Lol

25-Aug-19
Amsteel = Dyneema

Amazing stuff, to be sure!

• Sitka Gear