midwest 07-Aug-19
buzz mc 08-Aug-19
Heat 08-Aug-19
ahunter76 08-Aug-19
KHNC 12-Aug-19
njbuck 12-Aug-19
Brotsky 12-Aug-19
05-Aug-19
Headed out west to Wyoming next week haven't hunted Wyoming in about 5 years so Im fired up to see some Antelope!

05-Aug-19
Good luck zk. Hope to get out there next year. 30 days from Colorado for me

05-Aug-19
Going to be southern CO this year, hopefully the ground has some good goats

05-Aug-19
Ill be in Wyoming the following week, very excited to get the season started.

05-Aug-19
I have elk on the brain but once I'm on the road I will be fired up for antelope for sure! Can't believe it's almost go time!

05-Aug-19
I hear you Brosky I have cape buffalo brain the 24th!

05-Aug-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
This kid is jealous as heck, but he gets his first big game bowhunt in October...and maybe his first Bowsite thread? Hmmm....:-)

05-Aug-19
I have just over 3 weeks left till I head to Wyoming to chase some antelope and deer. Focusing on work is difficult this time of year.

05-Aug-19
I’ll be hunting deer in Wyoming in September. Good luck.

05-Aug-19
Headed to Utah next Friday, soooooooo pumped

05-Aug-19
We leave this Friday my 15 year old sons first out of state bowhunt. Plus taking two guys who have never bowhunted out west. Will have four days Before season opens so some scouting and shed hunting will be in order.

05-Aug-19
I've got a tag in CO so I'm hoping to get out for the opener and a few more days before elk season starts. Who knew having a 2 month old and a 2yo would make getting time to hunt so difficult?!

05-Aug-19
fired up? Understatement!

My first fall in WY and all the fun starts in 2 weeks. My son is visiting at that time and he will be helping me try (and probably failing) to sneak up on a antelope!

Behind schedule on getting the BH tuned and flying, but that will be taken care of this week!

05-Aug-19
First time in the last 7 years that I won't be out in Wyoming. Gotta find other things to do.

05-Aug-19
Fired up dulled a bit today. New to wyoming so new to rattle snakes! Was out today and almost stepped on one. The rattle saved me

How big of an issue or danger are these things in august antelope archery hunting doing spot and stalk?

06-Aug-19
we have seen one or two every trip I have hunted them, I see more rattle snakes in south texas

06-Aug-19
Nice video!

06-Aug-19
Very nice video Charlie.

06-Aug-19

06-Aug-19
I never get too fired up about prairie maggots. The fact that it's hot weather, a boring hunt, and fishing season is still in full swing all contribute to my attitude.

Good luck out there fellas.

Matt

06-Aug-19
You obviously didn't watch my video then Matt.

P.S. Nobody cares what you think, cept maybe your mom

06-Aug-19
You need to catch more fish Matt! By this time of the summer I'm tired of reeling them in. :-)

06-Aug-19
Just answering the original question, fellas. I can hunt Pronghorns on my place, OTC. I buy a tag every year, and I'll chase them around a little for the first couple of weeks. But, once elk season starts, antelope fall off the radar.

Matt

06-Aug-19
Gray ghost is so grumpy. But he’s right. I have access to hunt them but I can’t bring myself to sit in a blind. Spot and stalk is fun but man it’s tough, especially in the plains when the tallest Bush is 6” high.

06-Aug-19
When I was outfitting, prairie maggots were a bonus "fill-in" species for clients who tagged out early on deer and elk. I don't find them particularly hard to hunt, and as sitO's video shows, they aren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Not being grumpy, just honest.

Matt

06-Aug-19
This year is going to special, as my brother and son are coming with me. This will be my son's first out-of-state hunt and we are heading out later than usual to take advantage of the rut. Hopefully the antelope cooperate. Best of luck to all.

06-Aug-19
RD sweet

06-Aug-19
Just shot my 3rd, 4th, and 5th arrows at 70 yards. The distance between the two farthest apart arrows was less than 3.5 inches. My first two arrows were single shots into a bullseye target; these three were at my deer target. I am only practicing at this distance to make the closer shots easier. South Dakota is too windy for long shots for me. Hopefully, this bodes well for the fall.

06-Aug-19
Hell I live here and I’m fired up! Already having trouble sleeping.

07-Aug-19
Antelope are a blast and there's no other time I'd rather hunt them than late September.

08-Aug-19
I'll be out bowhunting them around the last full week of September. Man, I'm looking fowards to it!!!

08-Aug-19
Hand Raised! My hunt starts August 23rd!

08-Aug-19
Going mid Sept. Son going & it's his first Goat hunt. He's already fired up.. My 5th trip in 9 years. Last one for Goats for me.

12-Aug-19
Leaving for Wyoming this Wednesday. It will be hot and miserable in the blind guarding the water hole. But i love shooting those little bastards!! As long as it doesnt get in the way of my elk hunting! Good luck to everyone.

12-Aug-19
Anyone have an update as to the conditions in South East Wyoming? The weather says its going to be hot and sunny for the next week and a half but talking with a guy out there and he said there is tons of water on the ground.

12-Aug-19
A lot of eastern WY has 300% of normal moisture for this time of year. I’m sure that is somewhat localized due to the nature of thunderstorms on the plains but overall it is one of the wettest summers on record. Take that for what it’s worth I guess.

• Sitka Gear