Jasper 05-Oct-19
Rgiesey 06-Oct-19
Rut Nut 07-Oct-19
pav 07-Oct-19
sdkhunter 07-Oct-19
06-Aug-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
I wanted to thank everyone here who reached out to me with a candidate for the Bear bow giveaway I posted back in June. This thing took a number of twists and turns but I’m thrilled with how it all worked out in the end. In addition to the Bowsite I posted this in several places online including FB, where I received a big response as well. One private message from Kyle (the rookie) stood out from the rest. I won’t go into too much detail but he told me a long story about a young man named Chet who was living a tough life after his Dad became addicted to drugs and alcohol, the family home was lost, etc. Kyle was concerned about Chet potentially taking the wrong path in his life and tried to spend time in the outdoors and shooting bows with him as that was one diversion Chet enjoyed. Chet’s bow was old and didn’t fit him so I immediately knew he was the one. The day I shipped the bow to Kyle I received another note from Steve (ki-ke) from New Jersey who had an even sadder story about a kid named Sebastian. Sebastian was dealing with a life that included not having a dad, a Mom who was also taking care of 3 special needs kids and fighting home foreclosure. At 16 Sebastian was the man of the house and had little to call his own; he loved shooting bows but didn’t have one. Wow, now what? So I went to bed wondering how in the world I could get this youngster a bow as well. God stepped in as I slept! The very next morning I woke up to a message from a complete stranger (a Bowsiter who wants to remain anonymous) who had seen my post but knew nothing of what was happening behind the scenes. He said he had a bow that he would like to donate as well if I happened to know of another kid in need! So I hooked him and Steve up but it turned out that Mr. X’s Hoyt Carbon Spyder bow wouldn’t fit Sebastian without a lot of work. Not to be deterred, Mr. X went online and ordered a brand new, fully equipped Bear Moment and had it sent to Steve to give to Sebastian! Incredible. Here are a couple of pics of them enjoying their bows. I bet Fred Bear is smiling from above. Mr. X and I gave the bows away but honestly the kudos go to Kyle and Steve for taking the time to get involved in these young men’s lives! These boys are blessed to have you two as role models. Giving a bow away is easy, what they’re doing isn’t. Bow hunters are an awesome bunch and the Bowsite rocks! Stuff like this doesn’t just happen folks, God’s hands were all over it! Please keep Chet and Sebastian and their families in your prayers. God bless.

06-Aug-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Kyle took Chet to Cabela’s to shoot the day he got his bow as it was raining

06-Aug-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Sebastian all smiles with his new Bear Moment

06-Aug-19

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Sebastian dialing it in

06-Aug-19
Bowsiters are an awesome family! Thx for sharing!

06-Aug-19
Thanks doing this and posting. We all can use hearing about positive things! C

06-Aug-19
Makes me all smiley inside...God bless you guys!

06-Aug-19
Great outcome congrats on job well done Lewis

06-Aug-19
Well done guys!

06-Aug-19
Awesome stuff guys.

06-Aug-19
Awesome all the way around! Great work guys!

06-Aug-19
Awesome!!

06-Aug-19
One best posts of the year. Makes me feel good to be a hunter. Keep up the great work passing it foreword guys!!!

06-Aug-19
Well done sir!

06-Aug-19
I’d click the Love button if there was one.

06-Aug-19
Nice work Gentlemen!

06-Aug-19
No I'm not crying...I just got something my eye. This is a good example of the true measure of a man. It restores my faith in my fellow man and wipes away the negative crap that gets headlines today.

06-Aug-19
Awesome job guys

06-Aug-19
Love this!!! Great Job

06-Aug-19
Simply amazing! Such an awesome story. God IS good! Well done Gentlemen.

06-Aug-19
Huge kudos to Jasper, ki-ke & the rookie! EDIT: I forgot to add Mr. X as well!

Who knows how much of a profound effect these gestures will have on these young men’s lives, but it certainly will point them in the right direction!

06-Aug-19
Just great!

06-Aug-19
Awesome too both of you. Forrest

06-Aug-19
How cool is that?! Way to go! loved reading this today. Great work men.

06-Aug-19
Very NIce!! Well done its nice to hear and see that there is still a lot of good in this world!! Shawn

06-Aug-19
Damn good job! Great work Mr. X!!!!

06-Aug-19
Awesome! Well done fellas!!

06-Aug-19
Great things brothers... These men that help these boys are true hero's! They are doing the Lords Work! What could be better, or more of a blessing?? Look at the joy and smiles on the faces of those young men. They are our future!

Perhaps we could all learn something from this??? We are all so blessed, maybe we all need to give a little more freely.

Truly, these men that help these boys are amazing men, I am truly humbled by their kindness, and generosity with their time!

Thanks for posting this!!

God Bless!

06-Aug-19
Well done!

06-Aug-19
That thing in the eye must be contagious! Very well done!! You guys are awesome!!!

06-Aug-19
Well done!!!

06-Aug-19
Outstanding, way to go men. Glad to share this part of the web with you!

06-Aug-19
Great job by all involved! Will definitely make a positive difference in a lot of lives down the way. Thanks for sharing the story Jasper!

06-Aug-19
Great work, good karma goes along way.. Dave

07-Aug-19
Thanks for sharing Jasper! The Lord truly works in mysterious ways! Thanks to all the men that allowed HIM to work thru THEM! A very uplifting and inspiring story- praying for these young men that the Lord stepped in when they needed it most and set them on a path........................................

07-Aug-19
This is a great thing that you all have done. Just truly wonderful! Thank you all!

07-Aug-19
Nice work. Bowhunting is a great way to grow and learn, and it is a good path to focus on while keeping you away from other distractions. Hopefully these young men find out.

07-Aug-19
Man guys this has been a great experience. Like some guys have mentioned god works in mysterious ways. I don’t post on the web much but since I’ve heard of bowsite pry 4 years ago I log on many times a day, such a good group of knowledgeable guys who are dedicated to archery hunting. Also so willing to do what they can to help out so many people in there own ways. I’m only doing a small thing that I enjoy doing to try to help contribute to hunting too. A special thanks to the guys that were involved in this and thanks to all the bowsite guys for spreading your wealth of experience.

03-Oct-19
Just seen that thread on “new blood” and thought I’d give a little update on Chet. It’s been a really busy summer and fall so far for both Chet and myself. We have stayed in contact quite often and have been able to shoot our bows some together, but not as much as I’d hoped for. It’s been super fun and rewarding that Chet will often call me with any questions he has about arrows or broad heads he should save money for or where he can get new gear at a decent price. Chet has really taken off with archery and hunting and is very thankful for the bow he received from people on this site. We have a hunt planned for a long weekend down in mn bluff country that we’re both fired up for, trying to get his mother to let him skip school for a day or two to get a good education with me and my 2 sons in the woods. He has spent every weekend since the beginning of the season hunting and I’m proud of him for putting in the effort and trying hard. Hoping that I can be a part of his experience when he does connect on a whitetail. I learn so much myself from everyone on bowsite that it’s fun to be able to pass a little of my passion. A big thank you to everyone that helps out a beginner or someone interested.

04-Oct-19
Thanks for the update, Kyle! Can’t wait to see Chet’s smiling facing behind his first bow kill!

05-Oct-19
Thank you Kyle and keep the updates coming! So excited for Chet and thank you for stepping up to mentor him! Seeing a grip and grin with him and a bow kill will make my season!!!

06-Oct-19
Great job guys!

07-Oct-19
Thanks for the update! Love seeing these stories...................................

07-Oct-19
Needed a Monday morning lift and this thread was just the ticket! Well done guys!

07-Oct-19
That's awesome! Great work!

• Sitka Gear