Hawkarcher 06-Aug-19
Franklin 07-Aug-19
WV Mountaineer 07-Aug-19
carcus 07-Aug-19
fubar racin 09-Aug-19
Boris 09-Aug-19
JL 09-Aug-19
06-Aug-19
When left for work at 430a this morning and our garage door was up. I would have sworn it was closed last night, but did not think too much of it, until my wife sent me a text saying someone went through her glove box, console, etc. She never parks in the drive, but the kids were riding their scooters and tricycle in the garage and her car was left out over night (unlocked & an honest mistake). Seems there was noting of interest for the pos who went through her car except for the garage door opener. All my archery equipment lives in a storage room in our basement out of reach for the kids. Except for this weekend... Sunday was morning was my qualifying date for the county park bow hunting program. When I got home it Sunday morning I hung my bow in the garage while I did yard work (better than sitting in a hot car right?). You can guess the rest of the story.

Anyone have a recommendation for an affordable option (needless to say I hadn't budgeted for a new bow).

I think the most frustrating part is knowing that the pos that stole it will sell it for almost noting and will never understand what its like to save and buy one accessory at a time only to have it gone in a minute.

Silver lining I suppose - we generally don't lock the door leading into the house from the garage. I was not locked last night and (to our knowledge) the pos did not enter our home.

06-Aug-19
That SUCKS!

I'm no bow shopping expert, but I would think you could find a lightly used year or 2 old model of most popular bow brands for $300-$400.

There are some bargain shoppers on here that can probably help way more with places to look.

Good luck!

06-Aug-19
What kind of bow did you have? What draw weight and draw length?

06-Aug-19
archery talk classifieds. you might even be able to find same kind of bow you had. just deal with someone who has good feedback. i have bought a lot of bows on there and every one was like new.

06-Aug-19
Check eBay, quite a few on there right now.

06-Aug-19
Thanks for the feedback guys - will check out archery talk classifieds tonight.

midwest - it was an elite pure. Older model (maybe 2013) it was set at 70lbs and I'm embarrassed to say i don't remember my draw length (I'm 6' average built)

06-Aug-19
Man that really sucks, I just picked up an Elite Enlist brand new for under $300 on Ebay. Sweet shooting bow. There are a few on Auction you may be able to get cheaper. Good luck!

06-Aug-19
Be sure to check CraigsList, and the local pawn shops Etc. Tell your friends too, you might see your bow advertised there and be able to ... get it back, or whatever.

I hate thieves!

06-Aug-19
That truly sucks and I'm sorry that happened to you. Make sure you file a police report and I would contact your insurance company, they may be able to replace your bow through homeowners insurance. Bummer, hope karma catches up to the thief.

06-Aug-19
Go to Mountain Archery website, new, old stock, Prime, Bowtech, Mathews. I ve been looking at a new Rize for $499 and free shipping

06-Aug-19
Man LC, hate to hear that! Can’t stand a thief! Archery Talk Classifieds might be your best bet. I wish I had a spare I’d send it to you. God bless

06-Aug-19
Check out the used sports stores near you.

That is where the police found my golf clubs a few years back.

Dummy used his drivers license to sell clubs to store.

06-Aug-19
That does suck! There are some real pos out there. Good advice above. You may find a nice new bow or your old one. That would be really sweet!!

06-Aug-19
Also pawn shops!

06-Aug-19
A lot of Elites for sale on the Elite archery Facebook page and on eBay. Guys are picking up new in the box synergys for under 400.00. I just sold my shooters for 550.00, an option 7.

06-Aug-19
Thanks again for all the feedback and the direct messages as well. This really is a great bunch. Looking back at the title of this post, it’s missing a couple words- I was frustrated when I typed it :/

For what it’s worth the police report is filed as a burglary bc they entered our garage.

Could have been much worse as my 6 year old daughter has been known to venture downstairs for a water during the night. I like to think it was a punk kid looking to make a quick dollar, but who knows. At least they left the arrows- lol

06-Aug-19
There is a Mathews Jewel listed right here on the classified for 450 and it is ready to hunt. If ya need to change draw length mods are fairly cheap or contact me and I will get ya one for free. You may get that bow for 400 bucks with some good accessories on it. Shawn

06-Aug-19
PSE Stinger X is a great bow and can be had set up ready to shoot for around 300-350 depending what type of sight and rest they have on them I used one for 2 years as a back up bow and killed several deer with it around the house. Shawn

06-Aug-19
Exact thing happened to me in 2006. My fault. Garage light must have scared them because my golf clubs and multiple tools were safe. Had killed my first archery turkey weekend before. Bought a new Hoyt Trykon and killed another. Still have it.

07-Aug-19
I would never buy a new bow again....you can get fully loaded year old rigs for $.50 on the $1.00.

07-Aug-19
I hate thieves. Hate them! It’s my weakness but, I can’t help it. Anyways, I’m glad the guy didn’t come in your house. And, when the thought of the worthless human stealing what you’ve worked so hard for, gets you irritated, envision the piece of crap running away and falling on the stabilizer.

07-Aug-19
Go on AT classifieds, big selection of used and new, awesome prices

09-Aug-19
Sorry to hear about that man if interested I have a bare diamond deadeye pay shipping it’s yours.

09-Aug-19
Did you contact the police and the insurance company? When I got my insurance. That was one question that I asked. Guns you should have a rider to cover your guns. Archery equipment is covered under your home owns 100%. That is through Nationwide. Just a thought.

09-Aug-19
Check Craigslist in your area and the other local areas for your bow and maybe a replacement.

• Sitka Gear