Mule Power 07-Aug-19
midwest 07-Aug-19
Bob H in NH 07-Aug-19
raichad0 07-Aug-19
WI Shedhead 08-Aug-19
midwest 08-Aug-19
Lost Arra 08-Aug-19
06-Aug-19
I've been trying to find out if using game cameras during the archery elk season is legal. Anyone know if it is or not. I'll keep searching. thanks

06-Aug-19
Yep

06-Aug-19
Thanks, I searched the entire game book and they don't address cameras so I figured it was a non-issue. (Legal)

06-Aug-19
Residents yes and Nonresidents no. Same as the wilderness rule:).

Just kidding yes there legal!

06-Aug-19
Damn Craig, you’re really trying to stir up a hornets nest! Ha!

06-Aug-19
Non-res can use game cams in WY wilderness areas but you need to hire a licensed guide to set it up and monitor it for you.....and wipe yer arse. LOLOLOL

06-Aug-19
^^^^ Not true. A NR can do any of the above all by their lonesome, including wiping yer own arse. You just can’t hunt those animals on your trail cam without said guide....unless they’re birds or small game. Those you can hunt all by yourself to your heart’s content without needing a guide to hold your hand.

06-Aug-19
Rob and Craig you guys are stirring up a hornets nest. I like it! We should get a cold one before the season starts!

06-Aug-19
Or with a resident from WY, I have done this and it was great!

06-Aug-19
Cold, cold, cold...Lol

06-Aug-19
Ike if you get in town you can come have a beer too!

06-Aug-19
For sure...

07-Aug-19
I may be wrong but I thought I saw somewhere awhile back that they were legal but not during open hunting season.

07-Aug-19
That's Nevada. No cams on public or private without permission from Aug 1 to Dec 31. If it's capable of transmitting photos, it's Jul 1 to Dec 31.

AZ should do the same.

07-Aug-19
In WY, I believe they are legal now. I met a warden yesterday and mentioned seeing a rattlesnake while putting a camera out, he just laughed and said "yeah, just leave them guys alone"

didn't say a word about the camera

07-Aug-19

raichad0's Link
So cold!

08-Aug-19
No cameras in Montana either

08-Aug-19
Game cams are legal in Montana during season as long as they are not transmitting photos.

08-Aug-19
Just don't place them on a likely rubbin' tree. We've had two knocked cockeyed by bulls. Got some great nostril shots of the offending elk.

• Sitka Gear