fubar racin 13-Aug-19
jordanathome 13-Aug-19
fubar racin 13-Aug-19
Highway Star 13-Aug-19
otcWill 13-Aug-19
jordanathome 13-Aug-19
Billyvanness 14-Aug-19
12-Aug-19
I have been a resident in CO since 2015 and have hunted here since 2006. Elk mostly, deer some. I picked up an archery bear tag for 20, 28, 38 this year the heck of it. I have a deer tag that is my primary to fill but thought it might be fun to have the bear tag in hand just in case.

I understand fall bears are feeding heavily on berries and nuts so will be in the lower elevations in that type of veg......not really where I will be deer hunting. But I have a few spots where I think I can have a better than average chance of encountering a bear.

I also understand bears can be a real nuisance for folks living on the front range, and there may be some folks who would appreciate a motivated hunter trying to clear out a nuisance bear in these units. I am not looking for a rug, but I am anxious to try bear meat.

So if anyone has a suggestions to help me fill my tag.......I could use all the help I can get! PM Please. :>)

13-Aug-19
Ok then...........

13-Aug-19
No answers a bear tag has always been very effective bear repellent for me.

13-Aug-19
LOL

I don't know why I bought it really. I've seen bear but never when I was hunting. I might go out once or twice focused on filling it in some spots I know that look promising.

13-Aug-19
Iv seen bears on almost every elk hunt that I didn’t spring for the bear tag. Iv yet to see one on a year that I bought one though.

13-Aug-19
I always wanted a bear with my bow so about 10 years age I bought a tag and have every since. I have now killed two bears that came to me while elk hunting. It is fun, and I think the more bears we can get rid of the better. I had sausage made out of both of them and it was very good. So I have another this year, the missus gets a little pissed about the rugs but other than that all is well. Scott

13-Aug-19
Your best chance is to fill that deer tag and wait on the gut pile. Actually lot of bears in the general area you're huntn. Good luck!

13-Aug-19
Thx Will!

14-Aug-19
Good Luck...get the hide off quickly and cool him down. Meat will be great....get lots of sausage and ground. Bear tacos and chili!

• Sitka Gear