Bou'bound 13-Aug-19
ELKMAN 14-Aug-19
DConcrete 14-Aug-19
Bou'bound 14-Aug-19
sticksender 14-Aug-19
Bou'bound 14-Aug-19
jbrownlow 15-Aug-19
12-Aug-19
I currently have a Hoyt Carbon Matrix that i've had for 6-7 years. Seriously considering an upgrade to an RX-3 - though the price tag is killer. How much difference is there and is it worth the cost? Would love to hear any and all input.

12-Aug-19

DConcrete's embedded Photo
DConcrete's embedded Photo
I just bought 2 of them. I swore I’d never have a carbon bow and I just love the RX3. Ive been shooting obsession for awhile and I switched to a Mathews vertix. And I hate the vertix. I couldn’t find another obsession that I loved and I found the Hoyt.

12-Aug-19
I'm still shooting my Matrix and animals keep dying...

12-Aug-19
I had one and sold it a few weeks later. The draw cycle and valley (lack thereof) just didn't workout for my shoulder. Also. The finish wasn't great either. I went to the Mathews Vertix after shooting one a few different times.

12-Aug-19
Ha, love it, one guy hated the Vertix and went Rx-3, then the other guy hated the Rx-3 and went Vertix. To each his own.

I went from a Carbon Matrix to the RX-1 last year and bought an rx-3 this year. I shoot the rx-1 more so I guess I like it a little better. Shoot a few and decide for yourself. Only you can decide if it’s “worth it”.

—Jim

12-Aug-19
Had a carbon defiant 34, sold it got a rx-3, was a nice bow but sold it a few months later and got another carbon defiant 34, just like the super smooth draw of the defiant.

12-Aug-19
Shot Mathews the last 30 years. Bought a RX-1 last year,best bow I ever shot, love it. To each his own. Can't see how the RX-3 could be much better.

12-Aug-19
Never shot the matrix but if it’s anything like the rx1 then yes very worth it. Then again Iv shot the standard rx1 and an rx3 ultra 1 shot with the rx1 and I was done with it the ultra was a nice bow I just struggle with the Hoyt back wall a little.

12-Aug-19
I shot the Matrix myself until a few months ago, and just upgraded to the RX-3 Ultra back in March. I thought I would never find a bow I loved more than the Matrix, and I figured I could switch back and forth between the two, but I was wrong on both counts. I absolutely love the RX-3, and after trying to go back and shoot the Matrix a couple of times, I just can't make myself do it anymore. I just love shooting the RX-3! I've already taken it to Africa to break it in, and it performed great on about a half dozen animals.

12-Aug-19
what are the 2020 New Hoyt's in the Rx3 model called any changes?

12-Aug-19
Hard to shoot Mathews for 30 years as the have not been in business that long but I get it. I shot all the new bows this year and will not say n this thread what I bought but over 1500 for a bow that is made for around 500 bucks is just not right. Shawn

12-Aug-19
Right Shawn but it seemed like 30 years. MQ32, Outback, And DXT.. Just such a huge upgrade from DXT to Hoyt Rx1. But very happy with every one of them.

12-Aug-19
I have shot about a lot of different Carbon Hoyts and the RX3 Ultra has been a dream to shoot since day 1. The others were all nice as well but I am loving the RX3 ultra. Go shoot them next to your bow, preferably both indoors and out and you make the call.

13-Aug-19
The only problem with going to shoot all of them is i live in east tennessee, so there aren't a ton of retailers and to add to it, i'm left handed, the folks around here don't have left bows in stock....

13-Aug-19

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
For me it was!

Nitrum 34 is shoring very well, but the RX is definitely an upgrade from me.

Go shoot one and see if it feels right.

Good luck

13-Aug-19
I would upgrade to a RX1 new in box on ebay at $950-1050 and call it done.

14-Aug-19
Don't do that^^^ ____ The RX3 is 10 times the bow of the RX1. But to be honest you have a better bow than either one of them. Stay with what you got, or look at a new bow other than Hoyt. They have kind of lost their way.

14-Aug-19
So if the Rx3 is 10 times better than the rx1 and only one year has passed, is the carbon matrix 80 times better since it was 8 years ago?

14-Aug-19
what is the material difference between the 1 and the 3. Material.

14-Aug-19
Before taking standard silencing measures, the RX-3 is probably a little quieter than the RX-1 out of the box. And seems to have a little less hand shock. They made a few mechanical tweaks and subtle cabling changes, and of course the cams are redesigned. Has a little bit easier feel in the draw, but both bows were fine for me WRT to draw cycle feel. You can get far deeper into the technical details if desired, by searching the brand-specific AT threads. Myself, I couldn't find a big enough reason to upgrade from the RX-1, after considering the cost. Matthews and Bowtech both have some great offerings as well. To the OP, I'd shoot them all if I were you.

Let's be honest, mostly we buy a new bow because we simply want one, not because our old bows are no longer doing the job. There has been only marginal advancement in compound bow technology, aside from maybe tunability, for quite a few years. But there will always be marketing spin on the part of the manufacturers, telling us otherwise ;-)

14-Aug-19
Amen

15-Aug-19
For any curious minds, i ordered my new one yesterday. should be here in a couple weeks, just in time for kentucky deer camp end of september.

• Sitka Gear