tobinsghost 14-Aug-19
cnelk 14-Aug-19
midwest 14-Aug-19
Mule Power 14-Aug-19
carcus 14-Aug-19
jordanathome 14-Aug-19
WapitiBob 14-Aug-19
12-Aug-19
Trying to stay focused at work. But I just keep thinking of being out in the wilderness hearing bugles in the distance... How are you guys doing?

12-Aug-19
I used to be just like you. After many, many seasons, I realized that the faster they get here, the faster they’re over. I now relish the preparation and anticipation almost as much as the hunt. It’ll get here, and be over, soon enough.

Kinda reminds me of the joke about the young bull and the old bull looking down on a herd of cows. In other words, I’m doing fine. ;-)

12-Aug-19
Unsuccessful! Leaving for elk hunt 1 in a few days and elk hunt 2 in a month. Supposed to be working on the to-do checklist now but cheating to read some last-minute Bowsite stories....

12-Aug-19
.....pretty terribly....hence the post...

12-Aug-19
Love not staying focused at work. Thinking about elk is all I do. Along with scouting, practicing calling and shooting my bow when I’m not at work

12-Aug-19
Yup, pretty much.

12-Aug-19
Man do I remember those days! Heck, I wasn't worth a crap several weeks out as elk season rolled around! Hang in their buddy, it's all worth the wait!

ElkNut/Paul

13-Aug-19
My wife made the comment last night that she can’t wait for me to come back to earth. They just don’t get it.

13-Aug-19
Figured I better go chase some antelope before I leave for Idaho on Sept 13. I need to get out!

13-Aug-19
My wife is hoping I kill out 2nd day so this is over with..........LOL........12 years of tag soup. Maybe I just like for the hunt to never end.

13-Aug-19
We moved into a fixer-upper home back in March and I’ve not had time to think about it. But that’s gotta change because I got an Oregon tag and will be leaving a week from today! Early opener August 25th.

13-Aug-19
12 years?! The DOW thanks you for your financial contributions. Lol!

13-Aug-19
Still have some shooting to get done, but definitely ready to hear some bugles !

13-Aug-19
Hearing a bugle without any sign of another hunter for a mile or two is as good as it gets. Hearing two bugles then three bugles gets insane so cherish the memories of your upcoming hunts so when are in your rocking chair era can close your eyes and is as if you are back in the woods again. I tend to compartmentalize things but will get more excited as start loading gear in the truck and will be giddy the night before my hunt starts.

13-Aug-19
Geeze Jordan! I hope 2019 is your year!

13-Aug-19
LOLOLOL!!!! Not for lack of trying, finding elk, having opportunity. Mostly lack of execution in the moment. I can look at myself and laf.....then cry.....then laf some more. I've had more fun that I deserve.

13-Aug-19
Cool painting Bloodtrail. Where'd you get it? I need to decorate the office a bit...but then again, ADD is b*tch...so maybe blank walls is good idea

13-Aug-19
Priorities, something I've learned over the years. I no longer carry a grunt tube everywhere I go, would rather chase mule deer then deal with non resident elk hunters blowing the woods up. Thinking of helping a friend replace her kitchen flooring, thinking of a week long trip in September to Montana to see someone special. Special tags I hold no longer seem that special. I have plans to help a young lady on her special hunt for sheep then worry over the tags in my pocket. As for killing another elk, I have no desire to kill a small bull or a cow. I'd rather eat my tag then kill an animal I don't want. I don't like or eat elk meat anymore.

13-Aug-19
Well someone sure is grumpy about elk season! Have you been hanging out with grey ghost? Lol!!! I can’t wait!

13-Aug-19
Work?? ....oh, I remember... been a while.

14-Aug-19
I own my own lil business now but before when I was in an office environment I use to joke about being in the rut like the bulls I chase. I'd pee in the middle of our conference room and walk around the office scent checking the cows!

14-Aug-19
Working a lot in August so I only have to work 5-6 days the entire month of September

14-Aug-19
Peanut butter and jealous, Brad....I have to work 7-1/2 days in September!

14-Aug-19
Jordan you need to identify your weak link and fix it! I’d be freaking out.

I’m with Wyobullshooter.... doing fine. I love the preparation.

14-Aug-19
I'm in the camp with Wyobullshooter Mule Power, but the thoughts are creeping in and taking over more and more

14-Aug-19
That's the problem Joe, I am the weak link......LOLOLOL

14-Aug-19
Working the last 5 days in sept, after season closes.

• Sitka Gear