Dale06 15-Aug-19
Catscratch 15-Aug-19
BowhuntKS 15-Aug-19
Catscratch 15-Aug-19
DarrinG 15-Aug-19
timex 15-Aug-19
CJE 15-Aug-19
14-Aug-19
Does anyone make a decent finger bow anymore?

14-Aug-19
Maybe the prime ct9? I’m not sure how long you need for fingers

14-Aug-19
I'd say the Prine Logic CT9 would be the go-to choice for a finger shooter. It's a 39" axle to axle with a 7.5" brace height. It's worth a very serious look.

14-Aug-19
Love my Elite Pure...36 inch ATA.

14-Aug-19
I shoot and compete with an Elite Victory 37. Very smooth with a great valley and awesome grip.

14-Aug-19
Older Mathews bows, set up right are great for fingers! You just have to get the right setup! Call Bob Fromme @ Performance Archery in Mira Mesa, CA. he can tell you what to look for! He was one of the best finger shooters that I have ever met!

14-Aug-19
Oneida makes a recurve lever-action compound bow that is 42" tip to tip and 80% let off. Tim Wells uses one.

14-Aug-19
Mathews TRX-8 or the Conquest 4 both are great finger bows. You can also get an older Ovation and they make a real nice finger bow and they can be had for a couple hundred bucks. I recently shot the TRX-8 set up with a button and springy rest and it shot great at my 28.5" draw. Shawn

14-Aug-19
Just curious...why would you not shoot a release?

14-Aug-19
Yup. I’ve lost a release in the woods and I’ve left one in the wrong bag. Never had either issue with my fingers.

15-Aug-19
Gotcha.

15-Aug-19
I shot fingers for about 30 years. Alway had a long ATA bow. Reluctantly I went to a release and my accuracy was much better. I’m not going back. I go into woods with a release on my wrist and a spare in my pack, and a second spare in my bow case. I’ve yet to need one of the spares. Yes, there can be mechanical problems, but I have not experienced them in my 12 years of release use. To OP, good luck on your search for the best finger bow. I think the longer the ATA, the better.

15-Aug-19
"Just curious...why would you not shoot a release?" I grew up shooting fingers and just love the feel of it. It's a completely different animal than shooting a release and in my opinion it feels more in-tune and connected with the hunt. With that said I quit shooting fingers many moons ago due to pinched nerves in my fingers and not being able to shake off the numbness caused by it. I'm am a much better shot with a release, but it's more fun shooting fingers.

15-Aug-19
Agreed Catscratch. I shot fingers for close to 30 yrs before I started having numbness in my fingers from shooting. Went to a release and probably shoot better, but practice less because it's not as much fun.

15-Aug-19
I did the same thing with practicing BowhuntKS. I used to shoot everyday because I loved it, now I shoot enough to be proficient. Using a release just doesn't flip my trigger (so to speak).

15-Aug-19
I shoot a trad bow also, so I'm a finger shooter with those bows anyhow. Shoot a release with my Mathews, but one day soon I'd also like to have a finger shooting compound bow. I enjoy feeling the string and releasing the string with my fingers.

I've been eyeing the newer Oneida bows for finger shooting. Really the only bow that peaks my interest in shooting with fingers. They are pricey....and the older models used to be really loud...and heavy. Anyone with any experience with the newer models?

15-Aug-19
for me the bow is more stable the sight picture more instant the bow is much quieter. yes I shoot more accurate with a release especially at long distance but in the hunting woods under most conditions I prefer fingers

15-Aug-19
I shoot my halon 32 with fingers with no problem. I shot traditional for several years and got really used to using fingers and I just cant get used to using a release.

• Sitka Gear