IdyllwildArcher 19-Sep-19
Ermine 19-Sep-19
JL 19-Sep-19
18-Aug-19

Shrewski's embedded Photo
Another amazing mule deer.

18-Aug-19
The man is a muley machine!! And great picture taker too!

Any measurements?

18-Aug-19
Ambush X2^^

It’s incredible how he gets it done year after year!

18-Aug-19
Another stud buck! Congrats Randy!

18-Aug-19
He’s the Tom Brady of bow hunting mule deer

18-Aug-19
Day-um! Congrats again Randy!

18-Aug-19
Wrong Shug. Randy doesn’t cheat! ;-)

18-Aug-19
He never disappoints. My question is, where in hell does he put all of them ? I could hang four of mine where one of his hangs :-)

18-Aug-19
Way to go Randy!!!!

18-Aug-19
Randy lets the air out, just like Brady. Amazing, no matter how he does it.

18-Aug-19
Stand by... he's got a Az strip tag that starts friday... Ed F

18-Aug-19
Amazing as usual.

18-Aug-19
Nice deer. Looks like a wide angle lens was used??

18-Aug-19
A trophy muley and a trophy smile to go with it. Huge respect to him for gettin' it done year after year.

18-Aug-19
Saw that this morning on the gram. The man, the machine.....congrats, Randy!

I'm guessing he won't be using a chute plane for scouting the strip this time. ;-)

18-Aug-19
That’s a beautiful buck!! Congratulations to Randy!

18-Aug-19
I'll one up ya on Tom Brady, A hunter Brett Favre. Super Muley!

18-Aug-19
That dude is amazing!

18-Aug-19
Whoa, another monster...Atta baby Randy!

18-Aug-19
Randy flat out gets it done!

18-Aug-19
Beautiful buck! Congratulations Randy!

18-Aug-19
Anybody know if Randy still hunts with Greg Krogh? Another great buck!

18-Aug-19
Him & Bigdan were good friends. Maybe he dedicated it to him.

18-Aug-19
Randy is not small and look at how the mass of the antler by the brows makes his hands look like they belong to Trump.

18-Aug-19
Geez. As stated above. The master at work. Wow. Every damn year. Like clockwork.

18-Aug-19
Even more amazing: He did it with two different camo patterns! :)

18-Aug-19
Automatic

19-Aug-19
Way to go Randy good looking muley!

19-Aug-19
Randy= the Muley Whisperer...another bomber!

19-Aug-19

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo

19-Aug-19
Good grief, that Buck is unreal....Awesome!

19-Aug-19
Randy Ulmer's success is the result of commitment. Congratulations Randy! Glad to see the hard work has paid off again.

19-Aug-19
Very nice, wonder if he used the new ulmer edge broadheads AKA SEVR

19-Aug-19
It is remarkable how some people can keep it together so well in the moment of truth. Great hunter and marksman. Congrats. BTW, his bow is very well camouflaged.

19-Aug-19
If he's going to The Strip on Friday,expect another Monster Buck. Plenty of rain for plenty of growth his year.

19-Aug-19
A definite GOAT candidate (like Tom Brady, just affirming the post a way's up above). Amazing buck for sure!

19-Aug-19
Few things in hunting are actually like clockwork. Other than Randy pulling out a giant velvet mulie every year

19-Aug-19
Looks like he has his RX-3 painted up nicely.

19-Aug-19
Mr. Automatic......if he sits water on the Strip stand by....that part of AZ is experiencing the worst monsoon season on record. Good thing the winter and spring was abnormally wet so antlers should be phenomenal.

19-Aug-19
Maybe one day Randy will shoot one worthy of the wall haha

Incredible. Again.

19-Aug-19
In honor of Big Dan, I will say he is to mule deer what Danny Moore was to elk.

19-Aug-19

StickFlicker's Link
Drycreek: "My question is, where in hell does he put all of them ?"

He displays most of them at the Arizona Archery Club in north Phoenix. It's worth a visit if you're in the area.

Another incredible buck from The Master! Randy wrote a great "how to" article on mule deer hunting in the new Bowhunting in Arizona book (available at link).

19-Aug-19
He pisses me off..... :)

19-Aug-19
Really nice buck. And no doubt Randy gets the job done. One thing that makes a difference is “you gotta hunt where the big ones live”

19-Aug-19
60" spread is impressive !!

heck of a buck

04-Sep-19
How are these bucks not in the record books? Wow!

04-Sep-19
Tom Brady can almost hang with Randy. Guy never ceases to amaze!

04-Sep-19
Anyone hear how he is doing with his Az strip tag?

09-Sep-19
No but he just posted a pic of a HELL of a Bighorn ram from Montana. Amazing.

09-Sep-19

09-Sep-19
I'd never go to bed if Randy was after me.

09-Sep-19
Consistently gets it done.

That buck is a dandy.

09-Sep-19
Nice ram!!

09-Sep-19
He’s a tier 1 operator for sure !

10-Sep-19
Congrats to him! That’s awesome!

10-Sep-19
Whoa, on a roll...With a bow no less! :-)

10-Sep-19
58 posts and no one's made an excuse for why he shoots a massive mule deer every single year. I guess the haters are either running out of excuses or he's just reached a point that shuts everyone up.

10-Sep-19
Oh Ike you were not reading closely enough. There are a few. As I always tell my kids, “consider the source”. The guy works hard and uses his time and money wisely. Why people have to belittle others success is beyond me. I watch and try to learn and incorporate some of their good ideas.

10-Sep-19
I almost didn"t open this thinking it was another Randy Ulmer thread "gone south". I'm glad I did. That's a stud of a ram. Congrats to Randy!

10-Sep-19
Great deer and great ram. I was also wondering where all the haters are this year.

10-Sep-19
Amazing deer and sheep. Anyone know what sheep tag he had?

10-Sep-19
Wow, what a hell of a ram. I certainly would not want him hunting me. Congrats.

14-Sep-19
Great Buck again, Note White Rock outfitters have large areas of this unit locked up with no access, locked gates. with there own water sources . So consider that if hunting this unit, also the vast majority of this unit is rubble rock and gravel ,and I mean every were, very noisy. I have had friends jokingly ask were does Randy find the dirt to pose the bucks on , I guess that's still a mystery, again a great buck and hunter.

15-Sep-19
It is a very nice deer, and it seems Randy always comes in with a giant Muley, kudos to him. Now, just wondering who the other guy in the picture is? Perhaps it's his guide? Does anyone on here give any of the credit to the guide? Randy has some really nice places to hunt and is a good shot and I am in no way coming down on Randy, but it would be nice with all the glory be thrown out his way, that just a tad might go to the guide who scouted, found, patterned and set his client up on such a magnificent animal, yes?

15-Sep-19
I too admire a lot of things Randy has accomplished, but I am pretty sure we don't really play the same hunting game each fall. Good for him. If you really want to kill giant bucks every year, he definitely has the playbook.

15-Sep-19
The question was asked where does he put them, and it was stated he puts most on display at Arizona Archery. Randy has most of his deer and elk displayed in various rooms throughout his house. Wall mounts, pedestal mounts, and some european. High ceilings, open walls filled with mounts and art. Very tastefully done.

17-Sep-19
He's a killer for sure. I would just like to see a non distorted picture of him and the deer, is it 30, 40, 50, 60 inches wide? Who the heck knows...

17-Sep-19
The playbook is book a hunt with White Rock Outfitters, check out the trophy pics of others hunters, they are all huge animals. From elk to antelope they are all huge. They don't list prices so I'm sure it beyond the reach of most hunters, you don't kill that kind of animal on the cheap, I would bet it's 8-10 k. Amazing what big horns make hunters do lol. As I mentioned in my last post a little less worship of the Randy and alittle more to the guy who did the work and put the shooter in front of a great animal.

17-Sep-19
Randy has killed a pile of huge elk and deer DIY without outfitters.

17-Sep-19
the Randy has killed a pile of huge elk and deer DIY without outfitters. I believe that is how he started out. Does he continue to do it all on his own, every year? We know he is a great shot, and a master of the stalk. If he is paying large sums to hunt exclusive land and being put on these unpressured deer, good for him for not chocking and closing the deal. I agree though that at least equal credit is deserved for those taking him to the deer.

17-Sep-19
To LBshooter the price of deer tags here varies a little but around 10 to 12 thousand for the tag and 8 to 12 thousand for the hunt depending on the outfitter.

17-Sep-19
So between 18 to 24 thousand to hunt there?

17-Sep-19
Wow, all for antlers lol. Like I,said guys, not knocking Randy personally, don't know him. Just saying the guide deserves a lot of credit, I was getting alittle overwhelmed with all the hero worship and just felt credit needed to go to the guide.

17-Sep-19
I think the last time Randy scouted he crashed his ultralight.

17-Sep-19
LBshooter-

I've got no dog in the fight, other than alot of respect for the mans accomplishments, but you sir, are coming off as trying too hard to come up with something. As in, anything. Why?

17-Sep-19
KI-ke, read my posts, simple. After reading everyone's post about how great Randy is I looked at the picture and not one gave any credit to the guide who scouted, found the deer, patterned the deer and then brought Mr Ulmer to the deer. Don't you think it would be nice that he gets just alittle of the credit? I have not said anything negative about Mr Ulmer whatsoever, give some credit to the guy who did 90 percent of the work, yes? I have never met Mr Ulmer, appearantly everyone here has. Every animal that I have seen him pose with has come from guided hunts, and again I'm ok with it, but let's put a asteric next to it and give credit to the guide.

17-Sep-19
The only way some guys can make themselves look a little taller is to try to cut everyone else down a notch. Pathetic.

18-Sep-19
I’ve hunted the same unit Randy killed many of his big NV bucks in. It’s public land and anyone can apply, draw and hunt the same deer he’s hunting. In fact, we were camped off the same road about a mile or two from his camp the last time I hunted this unit. He killed a monster days before I started my hunt. I didn’t. I do believe he was buying land owner tags back then and might still be doing the same. It’s not an easy unit to draw, especially for non-residents, and the land owner tag is guaranteed if you can find one and afford it. Buying a landowner tag doesn’t automatically give you any more access to land than someone who draws a tag.

18-Sep-19
The definition of “simple” would closer be defined when A hunter has another person in his game photo and it’s assumed that guy did 90% of the work.....

18-Sep-19
Congrats to Randy and his guide.

Matt

18-Sep-19
Midwest, who cut who down? Sounds like your trying to get a little taller.

18-Sep-19
Hah, yes, KUDOS to the guide!

Guides, money, and time help for sure but there are massive numbers of people who prove all the time that is no guarantee for success.

18-Sep-19
Randy has what it takes in all aspects, it helps to have a guide but he doesn’t have any trouble getting it done without one.

18-Sep-19
The other person in the first pics. name is Shawn Lytle, he is a hunting buddy of Randy's, Don't know anything else.

19-Sep-19
So if it's all about his guides, then why has he killed a pile of huge animals DIY? He gets it done every single year on huge animals whether it's with a guide or DIY and has done both in multiple states. The simple answer is that he's a great bowhunter who is very dedicated. There is no excusing that.

I'm no fanboy and I don't hunt with guides because I don't like the entire idea of it. But I also don't have the pride to believe that I could accomplish what he does given the same tags and even the same guides, year in year out, because I'm able to get past myself enough to realize he's just flat-out a better hunter than I am.

If anyone thinks they could do the same, then do it. Otherwise, you're just talking out of your ass.

19-Sep-19
Man what a beast. Every animal he harvests are just great animals! Very talented guy and humble from everything I’ve ever heard of him!

19-Sep-19
I don't know the guy personally or his background other than what others post on him. I'm not a quiver-licker nor would I ever discount what he has done either. WRT other folks who are just as good or better...ya, they're out there but they do not advertised what they do. Those are the great hunters who do not need or seek money, prestige or publicity...they just do their thing and go about it without fanfare. I find the quiet/low key ones most interesting if you can find them.

• Sitka Gear