Scrappy 21-Aug-19
Dave 22-Aug-19
GF 22-Aug-19
Grey Ghost 22-Aug-19
Scrappy 22-Aug-19
Scrappy 22-Aug-19
GF 23-Aug-19
19-Aug-19
Three bulls were shot in Mussellshell county Montana and left to rot. All were nice 6x6 bulls. What the heck is wrong with people to just shoot elk and leave to rot? I sure hope they catch them and make them pay restitution. Really pisses me off to hear this. If they can’t pay for them start taking assets away and lock them up.

19-Aug-19
and last Feb, two bull elk, a 7 and a 6 pt, were killed and left to rot in Blane County.

A few year before a very large poaching ring was caught and convicted for poaching many different big game species, over a 100 in number in Montana.

19-Aug-19
Poaching is stealing.Theives go to Prison and pay Restitution!

19-Aug-19
I've seen this on a few forums this morning. Keep sharing it. Someone knows something, scum like this always runs their mouth. A truly sick individual that can just kill for no reason.

19-Aug-19
Well, does anyone know where Big Bill & Chris bracket were? lol just kidding. Whoever did this should be sent to jail for a good spell. Whenever I hear about this type of criminality I always think it's some animal rights person trying to make hunters look bad. You figure a poacher(s) would want to take the head.

19-Aug-19
Its someone who wants to stop a legal hunter from taking the Bull, a thrill for kill nut job

19-Aug-19
Last season I found four bucks tossed in a ditch . Three had racks cut off but no meat taken and one was a spike that was thrown away whole. Made me feel kinda sick at my stomach. It’s so very hard to catch these jokers.

20-Aug-19
Ya know— The Judge Roy Bean woulda passed judgement on the individuals to serve time with the bear... or hung. I’ve got no problem with either one.

21-Aug-19
I can almost guarantee they came off the reservation. The poachers, not the elk. It is a common problem around these parts. With the new Supreme court ruling in Wyoming it won't be surprising to see it even more common place.

21-Aug-19
I have by far met the most poachers while hunting elk....that's for sure. I one time saw the same guy getting arrested in two different units 6 years apart and separated by 200 miles.

21-Aug-19
^ Why do you think that is? (honest question)

21-Aug-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
They found a fourth one.

21-Aug-19
What the hell? Why? Man that’s a sad sight.

21-Aug-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
One of reason this is happening is Montana is not prosecuting these crimes as they should. My attached pic is from another forum, the poacher in the pic called the cops on the guy that posted it in the other forum. The cops actually called the guy trying to tell him to stop posting about the poacher. So I just had to steal it and share. For those that use other forms of social media feel free to share the pic. Let's help make this poacher famous.

22-Aug-19
"the poacher in the pic called the cops on the guy that posted it in the other forum."

Only in America. If I did social media, I'd help out by re-posting it everywhere I could. But, I refuse to get caught up the corruption of SM. Nonetheless, if that guy tried to threaten me, I'd invite him to come have an in-person "conversation."

22-Aug-19
“The cops actually called the guy trying to tell him to stop posting about the poacher. ”

You think just MAYBE they would like to be able to quietly put together a case against that guy so they can make it stick, instead of giving him a heads-up that he should cover his tracks and dispose of the evidence?

You can Shame him publicly AFTER the conviction, IMO, if you feel a need. I don’t care to see an honest guy get kicked, especially when he’s down. A guy who tries to build some kind of reputation 100% deserves to lose it if he lies, cheats, steals or slanders his competition to build it. But if he can point to a Not Guilty verdict, then he has a pretty solid counter to any claims against him.

So JMO, those cops were simply asking to be helped instead of PREVENTED from doing their job.

22-Aug-19
I've had deer and turkeys poached off my property in the past. I think I felt more violated than if they had robbed my house. Scum of the earth.

Matt

22-Aug-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
GF sorry I wasn't clear in my post earlier. He is a convicted poacher.

In all, he received approximately $2500 in fines and a 24 month suspension of his licenses and all jail time suspended from charges of criminal mischief and unlawful possession. A slap on the wrist in my opinion. Is that really all a bull like this is worth?

22-Aug-19

Scrappy's Link
Here's a link to the other forum where I got my info.

23-Aug-19
Damn! I believe the CO "Trophy" laws wold have made life a helluvalot harder on him.

And zero loss of license privileges???

Is it just me, or are those fines WAY less than the trespass fees for good private property? Seems to me that this judge just invited every scumbag with a little ambition to help himself....

Thanks, Scrap - JMO, this guy is now fully qualified for 3 weeks in the stocks and a good public flogging!

• Sitka Gear