'Ike' (Phone) 25-Aug-19
jdan 25-Aug-19
bowonly 25-Aug-19
jdan 25-Aug-19
jdan 25-Aug-19
Teeton 25-Aug-19
JLeMieux 25-Aug-19
19-Aug-19
Who's hunting elk in a brand new unit this year?

Or is it the same old, same old?

19-Aug-19
New year, new unit...I’m just happy to be in the game!

19-Aug-19
A major new unit for me and the only time I will ever hunt it unless I win the lottery!

19-Aug-19
since this is my first elk hunt ever, it is definitely a new unit.

19-Aug-19
I have 10 days planned in a new unit and 10 days planned in the old standby units

19-Aug-19
Spending the opener in a new unit then back to the normal unit for the last 10 days.

19-Aug-19
5th time in the same area/unit since 2009. I'm excited. Glad to be back in the game myself after a year off.

19-Aug-19
1st time in a new unit for me. Working off some intel from a generous soul for an area but starting in a part of the area I have cyber scouted that he hasn't hunted. Hopefully it will pay off. Regardless, I'll be in the woods with a tag and my bow in my hand. Beats work any day!

19-Aug-19

PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
PoudreCanyon's embedded Photo
I lucked out with a leftover, so same old for me!

19-Aug-19
I'm starting my year out in a brand new unit I've never even been within at least a couple hundred miles of. Season opens in a lil over 12 days now! Hopefully the Gila is kind to me! Then I'm off to MT asap to some better known areas.

19-Aug-19
New state and new unit...WY

19-Aug-19
This will be my first time in Colorado! No time to scout! Just going to go figure it out.

19-Aug-19
After skipping a season in my happy hunting grounds I’m really happy to be back in familiar country. I have two rookie hunters with me so that’s a good place to teach them some things about hunting elk.

19-Aug-19
Headed to a new unit this year. Really looking forward to new scenery!

19-Aug-19
Heading to a new one as well!

ElkNut/Paul

19-Aug-19
Headed up to hunt with a good friend in a new unit and I'm just going for the adventure and camaraderie. Looking forward to helping him haul a bull out.

19-Aug-19
Old unit likely new area next to no sign in my normal area that’s always been covered up before.

19-Aug-19
Nope, this’ll be the 34th year in the same general area. I just can’t force myself to leave something that’s been so good to me! Best of luck Brad and John!

19-Aug-19
Yep, new one for me.

19-Aug-19
If it's been almost thirty years ago since I hunted it does that count?

19-Aug-19
Burned my points. New unit.

19-Aug-19
First archery elk hunt and first time ever going to this area. It will be fun no matter what.

19-Aug-19
New state and new unit. First time ever elk hunting for my son. Everything will be a learning experience.

19-Aug-19
New unit

19-Aug-19
KSflatlander, that's awesome sir! Hopefully it will be the start of many more to come! Good Luck!

ElkNut/Paul

19-Aug-19
Same unit for me. Why leave elk to chase elk?

19-Aug-19
2nd time to the unit. 1st time with an either sex tag. I'm giddy.

19-Aug-19
Already had one in a new one (rifle, cow) and planning a week in another ... then hopefully a weekend in old familiar territory. Could end up with two bulls and a cow.

19-Aug-19
New part of a familiar unit. Does that count?

19-Aug-19
Back to 34/25 for the first time since 2016. Plus I have two closer to home options in 38 and 18, one I've hunted, the other only scouted. I have good elk in all of them.

19-Aug-19
Burned 10 points for a new unit.

19-Aug-19
Same backcountry unit I hunted in my first year for elk in 2015 although I’m not super optimistic on the elk harvest as I’ve not harvested an elk or gotten a shot there. I always end up having my luck on elk down the mountain and close to a road in a different unit so if my buddy tags out early I may head out along with him! Looking forward to helping a him get on some mule deer

20-Aug-19
First hunt will be the same WY unit I hunted last year and second hunt will be a new unit in Idaho. This will be my first fall after retirement and I'm stoked to be able to hunt the entire season.

20-Aug-19
0 points in Wyoming now so yes, new unit...

Same units in CO.

20-Aug-19
First hunt will be general in WY. Will start in 2-3 new units and plan D will be to fall back on a unit I've hunted previously.

Second elk tag will be in a new state.

20-Aug-19
New unit in WY

20-Aug-19
Yup! New Unit and state, NM Unit 13. 8^D

20-Aug-19
Hunting same old unit in Colorado, hunting area 3 in Kentucky for the first time. If anyone has any information about Kentucky, a pm would be great.

20-Aug-19
New unit in a new state, going to ID.

We shall see how things turn out.

20-Aug-19
I am doing just like oake. Never been to Idaho but going to give it a try. Everything I am seeing and hearing is it is steep! It appears to be steeper than most other mountain ranges that I have hunted. I am hoping my 60+ year old body can handle back packing into those mountains. I am planning on hunting unit 36A so if anyone has any advise or intel on the area feel free to share.

20-Aug-19
Plans are to hunt in about 4 or 5 different units in Montana, at least a couple of them new. I also have a cow elk license for the unit that I've hunted most. It's nice to try out new places, but it's hard not to go back to the places that you know best (it almost seems like returning to your home away from home).

20-Aug-19
I've been hunting with the same unit since I was born....?

20-Aug-19
Yes, 83 in south Colorado.

20-Aug-19

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Yes, and rugged is not even the word...……….

20-Aug-19
Back to my old haunts this year and I couldn’t be more stoked. Like slipping on an old pair comfy shoes. Might check out some new places in the unit but it’s hard to justify leaving a good area when you know it holds elk. Wyoming was super fun last year just didn’t have enough days a field. Hope to get back there soon.

20-Aug-19
New state and species. I got a Tule elk in California on Aug 2. Great eating....and 122 pounds of packaged red edible meat. Mature, fat, dry cow. Live weight probably 375 pounds based on red edible, no fat or bone at 1/3 of live weight. Also ground and packed 30#s of trimming for the Vizsla. More fat on her meat as she is a skinny little thing and needs the calories.

21-Aug-19
New area, same unit.

21-Aug-19
I'm hunting elk in a new unit, only problem is I've never elk hunted before so every unit is new to me. Although my unit is exclusive, only allowed to draw this bull tag once in a lifetime. I'm hunting them in my home state of Michigan. Season opens next Tuesday. Hard to get anything done at work with less than a week to go.

21-Aug-19
Wow....good luck scott7030!

21-Aug-19
Took me 6 years to get this choice... new unit!

21-Aug-19
Scott, where are you going to be hunting? My mom drew a cow tag several years back. I think she hunted with an old DNR guy around the Pigeon River area. I think she was the only person in the UP to draw a tag that year. Pretty cool. Good luck!

21-Aug-19
New year, new unit. The last 6 years I’ve been in four states and a different unit each year. Makes it interesting, I appreciate the advantages that accrue to guys who get to learn their unit and go back to their honey holes each year.

21-Aug-19
Sep 12-29 Unit 66 in Colorado. Can’t wait to get after it!

21-Aug-19
First and only time in a difficult to draw unit. Used 21 points. Can't wait. Leave middle of next week.

21-Aug-19
Returning to a unit after 10 years hunting other areas, states...also will be my last hunt in the unit...using up PPs here....

21-Aug-19
I will hunt my old/familiar unit the first half of elk archery season and am planning on going to a new area around Rand or going south to Pagosa Springs for the last half of archery season if I do not kill a bull the first half of the season. First year I can be hunting elk the opening day.

25-Aug-19
New unit (075 Colorado ) and no idea where I am going. Any suggestions appreciated

25-Aug-19
Tic tok...

25-Aug-19
Yes, unit 201 in Colorado. If I have a good hunt hope to go back next year........

25-Aug-19
Got very lucky and drew Units 680/690 in MT. Supposed to be a good antler growth year up there. Hoping for my best bull ever.

25-Aug-19
Bowonly, are you going DIY? Lot’s of private in that unit.

JD

25-Aug-19
Outfitter has most of it tied up.

JD

25-Aug-19
Didn't draw, so last 2 weeks Sept,. I'll be otc in a new unit. Being from Pennsylvania, no way to scout. I think I'm beatting the odds over the years.. So? ? ?

25-Aug-19
Starting out in a new old unit this year. Hunting an OTC unit I haven't hunted in close to 20 years. Looking forward to it. Have a few backup plans just in case. , some familiar, some not so familiar.

• Sitka Gear