Grey Ghost 04-Oct-19
x-man 04-Oct-19
APauls 04-Oct-19
COHOYTHUNTER 04-Oct-19
RogBow 04-Oct-19
stagetek 04-Oct-19
Franklin 04-Oct-19
20-Aug-19
In the market for a new arrow rest what is the best out there ?hunting only done 3D anymore.

20-Aug-19
I like the trophy taker Smackdown pro.

20-Aug-19
Whisker biscuit

20-Aug-19
I have a whisker biscuit to try. Very impressed with tunability and broadhead flight

20-Aug-19
I have a whisker biscuit to try. Very impressed with tunability and broadhead flight

20-Aug-19
I just put on a whisker bisc for hunting. Tuned up fast and easy. Foolproof design!

20-Aug-19
I like the QAD drop away rest.

20-Aug-19
Qad

20-Aug-19
Trophy Taker and HHA.

20-Aug-19
Qad

20-Aug-19
I have shot a biscuit for 10 years. Going with the QAD this year and hope it does me well. I can always switch real quick cause a biscuit is very easy to tune. Shawn

20-Aug-19
Trophy Taker Smackdown Pro

20-Aug-19
Shelf

I did hunt a drop-away one year. Froze up and I watched an entire herd cross the trail not 25 yards away. HeffDatt

20-Aug-19
I like the Ripcord Code Red rests. Have ‘em on all three hunting bows. No problems other than wearing out cables, felt and a couple launchers. 13 year user of the Ripcord. Would upgrade to a newer model but the old keep on working.

21-Aug-19
Always liked ripcord

21-Aug-19
QAD

21-Aug-19
Ripcord

21-Aug-19
I've been a Trophy Taker fan for a while. But couldn't find one when I was setting up my bow. Everywhere was out of stock. I bought a new Hamskea Trinity, and I REALLY like it. It's tough, for one thing.

21-Aug-19
I'm a qad hdx fan, I've used limb drivers and smackdowns but prefer the QAD. Tuned 2 wisker bisquits recently and was surprised how easily they tuned!?!

21-Aug-19
Biscuit. Or similar style rests. At least for whitetails. Drop away's are great, and my gut say's they could be more accurate in the hands of the average archery hunter, especially on longer shots. But for run of the mill whitetail deer hunting, with shots generally sub 30... hard to beat the simplicity and function of biscuit style rests.

(This is like broadheads today though... there are a ton of awesome mech heads (drop away rests) and a ton of awesome fixed blade heads (static rests - bicuits, etc), just have to use one you feel good about and you will be fine)

21-Aug-19
Shot the QAD for years-never had one problem with them. Decided to try a Vapor Trail Gen 7 this year-love this one too!

21-Aug-19
Whisker Biscuit. Haters gonna hate. Shooting a compound this year again a little, and figured I'd try whistling some arrows way out. Grouping very nicely out to 100 with the biscuit. No doubt you could probably shave a little more accuracy out with a drop away, but for HUNTING, one less thing to go wrong is a good thing. The biscuit is so simple

21-Aug-19
ripcord here

21-Aug-19
Hamskea...... hands down the best

21-Aug-19
I’ve used the hamskea and micro tune smackdown. They were both equally great. I do like the micro adjust!

21-Aug-19
If I was exclusively a tree stand hunter, I'd say whisker biscuit. For everything else Hamskea micro tune, which is what I use.

21-Aug-19
I agree with hoytshooter Hamskea hard to beat.

21-Aug-19
Been using a biscuit for about 16 years. Thing flat out works I can't ask for any more from it.

21-Aug-19
Whisker Biscuit, because they work.

21-Aug-19
Ripcord.....same experience with 5+ years of reliability in any conditions

21-Aug-19
If there was a best one there would only be ONE

21-Aug-19
I never used a whisker biscuit. I have heard (or maybe seen a while back?) of one that got snow or water on it in cold weather and it froze to the arrow. If the snow/water freezes inside the fibers....I can see that as a problem. I think there were also concerns over the vanes and fletchings getting damaged and ripped off. Again...never used one. Maybe the folks that hunt the late seasons when it gets cold (mid-20's and below) can share their thoughts on that. That might be why I stick with my QAD.

21-Aug-19
JL I had one of the first trophy takers freeze to the riser in the down position. Had to use hand to break the ice up. My thoughts are that all rests can have problems. I use a trophy taker smack down now but the whisker Biscuit is hard to beat. Greg

21-Aug-19
Hamskea versa rest micro. Built like a tank.

21-Aug-19
GLP, the only issue I've had with my QAD's was the noise made when drawing a carbon arrow (GT's). I put some little pieces of camo tape on it and the fixed it. I've hunted alot in snow/teens and haven't had any icing issues with the rest. I've had ice build up on the cams and pop when drawing the string back.

21-Aug-19
I love my NAP flipper rest

21-Aug-19
Not disagreeing with you JL. Just stating what I had a problem with. I just think that under the right circumstances you can have problems with any rest.

21-Aug-19
Vaportrail

22-Aug-19
i have tried darn near all of them but always go back to whisker biscuit. i like that its a full capture with no noise.

22-Aug-19
All biscuit all the time.

22-Aug-19
JL Living and hunting in MB most our hunting is done below freezing. That's precisely WHY i choose a whisker biscuit, not a reason to shy away. The only way an arrow could freeze to it is if moisture comes down and freezes and the arrow is resting and it freezes. BUT in that situation with any other rest your arrow is going to be building up moisture and resting on something so it is freezing to something. You've basically pointed out a situation where the arrow is guaranteed to freeze to SOMETHING.

22-Aug-19
Hamskea ...I think they are just so versatile and idiot proof. Luckily, I’m an idiot!

22-Aug-19
Hamskea is the best rests made! Very tough and bombproof! I won’t shoot anything different

22-Aug-19

Hh76's Link
Anyone try one of these? I really like the idea of the arrow being completely contained.

23-Aug-19
Smack down pro. Trophy taker makes a good rest but if I ever have a problem with it I am probably going to get a whisker biscuit. So simple.

25-Aug-19
Quality Archery Designs (QAD) drop away rest is the easiest to tune and most dependable rest I've ever used.

27-Aug-19
The shelf. It cant break. It cant fail. It cant get out of adjustment. Never need to worry about finding parts. I love trad.

27-Aug-19
I shot a biscuit for awhile and really loved the simplicity, and as others have said, it tuned very easily. However I got frustrated with wrinkly, wavy vanes the rest caused and was refletching way too much. I finally switched and went with a QAD HDX and like it, but would like to go back to a biscuit sometime in the near future....if....I can figure out a way to keep the biscuit from ruining the vanes on my arrows. Suggestions?

27-Aug-19
"....if....I can figure out a way to keep the biscuit from ruining the vanes on my arrows. Suggestions?"

It requires stiffer vane material like found in the Blazer vanes. 4" vanes and WB rests don't get along very well. Blazer vanes and WB rests are a marriage made in heaven.

27-Aug-19
What x-man said! I’ve been shooting the Blazer Heat vanes, which are just a tad longer, and a bit shorter profile than the Blazers. IMHO, these Heats were made for Whisker Biscuits!

28-Aug-19
Whisker Biscuit Deluxe, perfectly tyunable and soaked with silicone spray before the season. Works no matter what weather I have seen.

28-Aug-19
I prefer VaneTec X Vanes in 3" and the biscuit waves them up in short order. I may have to try Blazers with the biscuit once season is over. Not keen on changing my setup with the Vanetec's and the QAD this close to season opening when its shooting great.

28-Aug-19
G5 Expert II if you don't need a cage to hold your arrows on. Most underrated rest ever imo.

28-Aug-19
I run a whisker biscuit. Most 3d shoots I'm 28 out of 30, meaning of the 30 targets 28 are in the kill zone. My groups at 20 yds, well I shoot 3 dots so I don't bust arrows. As for hunting in the 10 or 15 years of using it never a problem or any for that mater.. I will say that their are many of deer, bear, turkey, elk and so that don't think I shouldn't be using one. :) Ed

28-Aug-19
Qad here

28-Aug-19
K.I.S.S. principle and IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT...................................been using a Whisker biscuit for 15+ years now. No brainer! ;-)

28-Aug-19
Had the Trophy Taker Smack Down Pro for 7 months loved it. Had an issue a spring broke took 2 weeks to get response from Co. Pro shop said they were bought out, finally got response said send it in, so after a month and a half just came back yesterday. Not happy with customer service. Makes me wonder 7 months spring breaks, maybe I shoot to much.

29-Aug-19
Qad

29-Aug-19
Bought a new bow this year. The shop talked me into the Hamskea. So far it's been great.

30-Aug-19
Single bevel,what you said is so true about trad. As far as compound rests-Tiger Tuff

30-Aug-19
I have just this year alone I have use a hampskea, RIP cord drive, vapor trail gen 7 and a HHA. QAD HDX are back on both my bows. I like the HDX by far.

31-Aug-19
Ripcord

03-Sep-19
The whisker biscuit can’t fail. Never heard of any arrow freezing to it.. never had an arrow fall out of place.

30-Sep-19
I would go with a limb driven rest, particularly the hamskeas

02-Oct-19
QAD

02-Oct-19
I've tried pretty much all of them. None better than Hamskea

02-Oct-19
I’ve had ripcords on five bows over about 15 years. Just ordered another for a new bow.

02-Oct-19
This year I am going to the "dark side". I just set up a bow with a Biscuit and will shoot this rig for my deer season this year. I normally shoot dropaways and used one on this years elk hunt but I am going to see for myself how it works in a hunting situation.

03-Oct-19
QAD here...

Question for the Wisker Biscuit guys...

Do you paper & walk-back tune?

03-Oct-19
I shoot deer, not paper. A walk back tune, is whistling while I'm dragging a deer back to my truck. Whisker biscuit, baby....set it and forget it! Someone said it on this forum before, and can't remember who, but it always sticks with me. When you hunt hinges on your rest, your rest shouldn't have hinges! ;)

03-Oct-19
I have a QAD going on it's 10th season. I really like them for how they lock up and contain the arrow. Have them on two bows. None better IMVHO. My third bow has a TT Smackdown Pro on it. I've had a few issues with it, but since figuring them out, it's been a very good rest and is more quiet than the QADs and is very easy to set up.

03-Oct-19
I will be paper and walkback tuning today on the bow I set up with the biscuit. Hopefully any form issues I have won`t hamper this, a shoot through like a biscuit requires better form than a dropaway. The arrow must pass completely through the rest before any bow hand movement.

If nothing else it will be a great training aid...lol

03-Oct-19
Franklin,

Keep an open mind while tuning that WB. It's well known for giving opposite feedback. If you would normally move your rest left to fix your BH flight, you might end up going right with the WB. Sometimes the inside of the hole bounces the arrow tail left when it would be tail right on a drop away.

03-Oct-19
Cool....thanks. I will be using a smaller diameter shaft so it is smaller than the biscuit hole so there is some play in there.

03-Oct-19
FYI- there are 3 different sizes of biscuit based on shaft size.

03-Oct-19
I sold and set up a couple hundred of those rests. I have a pretty good handle on it. :)

03-Oct-19
QAD hdx on all my hunting compounds

03-Oct-19
Ripcord! Celebrating its 10th year as a Bowsite Sponsor!

04-Oct-19
x-man....................................so you are saying EVEN with the proper biscuit size, you could have that issue?

04-Oct-19
I helped a buddy bare shaft tune his WB equipped bow at elk camp this year. X-man is correct, they do tune opposite of other rests. It drove me crazy for a while until I figured out what was going on. I never cared for that rest.

I'm using a 12 year old Limbsaver drop-away. It has never failed me.

Matt

04-Oct-19
"x-man....................................so you are saying EVEN with the proper biscuit size, you could have that issue?"

Yes, but to a lesser extent. Side pressure is side pressure.

04-Oct-19
Rule #1 of tuning - there are no rules lol. I have a biscuit - it's been that way with me too.

04-Oct-19
Golden Key TM Hunter Prong with 3 inch overdraw! team that with xx75 Superslam Trebark camo arrows cut at 26 inches with 125 grn satellite broad heads... best set up in 30 years

04-Oct-19
They just came out with XX78's you gotta try.

04-Oct-19

stagetek's embedded Photo
stagetek's embedded Photo
Works for me.

04-Oct-19
RogBow…..do you know where a guy could score some XX78`s.....I love that arrow....lol

I`m down to 1/2 dozen in two different sizes.

• Sitka Gear