Heat 19-Sep-19
WI Shedhead 19-Sep-19
WI Shedhead 19-Sep-19
Jasper 19-Sep-19
lewis 20-Sep-19
Vonfoust 20-Sep-19
23-Aug-19

Cityhunter333's embedded Photo
RIP Big Dan!!! May God comfort all your loved ones!!
Cityhunter333's embedded Photo
RIP Big Dan!!! May God comfort all your loved ones!!
Unfortunately some of Dans friends could not be in Montana for today's service. I spoke to Melanie this morning and asked if she would be ok if in the near future if we have a celebration of Dans life!! A few are on board to get together in Montana for this event no dates have been chosen as of yet. But we are thinking Oct. If any would be interested you can contact me. Dan loved bowsite he loved helping others. I will miss Big Dan but I will never forget him!!

23-Aug-19

Rickm's embedded Photo
Rickm's embedded Photo
Louis here you go.

23-Aug-19
I had never met him but spoke with him on the phone and traded emails with him. He often invited me down to his cabin to look at some sheep and I am sorry not to have taken him up on his most genuine and generous offer. He sure was an inspiration to many and the type of guy you wished lived just down the street. I know he had touched so many others while sharing his wisdom and friendship and that you will miss him so very much. Am sure he is looking down at us all. Bet my big dog Kaiser stopped chasing rabbits when BigDan came through those gates. Figure he is somewhere close by Dan's side, waiting for the day when we will all be together.

Sorry for the loss and hope the wonderful memories you have of BigDan will comfort you at this time of sorrow. Your friend. Tom Foss, Calgary Alberta.

24-Aug-19

StickFlicker's Link
Click the link for Dan's obituary.

24-Aug-19
Thanks Marvin, very cool...

24-Aug-19
What a very nice write up,

Thanks for the Link Marv

Robb

24-Aug-19
Sad.I didn't know,been gone awhile.Great guy!One of the first Montana guys I met in the 70s.Always helpful and thoughtful.

24-Aug-19
Thanks for the link. One of my great regrets in life is not taking the opportunity to hunt with him. He was truly a giant in our sport, and a great human being.

My season, as for many others, is dedicated to Big Dan Moore.

24-Aug-19
A true legend among bowhunters. Not just a legend in his own mind.

RIP Dan

24-Aug-19
Yes sir, I talked with Dan over the phone many times, never saw his course side, he was a gentleman for sure. Dan, Pat & I had plans for a WY elk hunt a few years back but it just didn't workout, I wish it had, I really wanted to hunt & meet up with him! RIP Dan!!

ElkNut/Paul

24-Aug-19
How cool is it that through this site a lot of us were able to get to know him and learn from him? Pretty incredible when you think about it. Bowsite opened that door and guys like Big Dan walked right in to lead the way. Thanks again Dan.

24-Aug-19
Simply the best

24-Aug-19
RIP......Prayers sent

24-Aug-19
Great guy, and one hell of a bowhunter! RIP!

24-Aug-19
Godspeed Dan, a true legend of our sport. It is a testament to his life that he is so honored and respected at his passing. He will be missed by many. A great regret I’ll have is not getting the opportunity to meet Dan in person in Omaha this past spring. Like Lou we plan to honor Dan this fall by carrying his name on our fletching during all of our hunts. God bless his family and friends, they are in our thoughts and prayers.

24-Aug-19
Great man rip Dan

25-Aug-19
I spent a month in Alaska with Danny. The friendship and memories of that hunt will be embedded in my mind and cherished forever. I pray for comfort for his family.

25-Aug-19
Bump...

28-Aug-19
Yes, comfort for his family and all who loved and admired Big Dan.

28-Aug-19
I was fortunate to spend time with Big Dan at multiple P&Y Conventions. When I drew the Breaks elk tag in 2017, Dan told me to leave the tent at home and come hunt with him at the cabin. Learned alot from Dan and he always treated me like family.

During that 2017 elk hunt, I mentioned having interest in bowhunting black bear in Alaska. Dan strongly encouraged pursuing that experience the remainder of the hunt and beyond. I was on my way to the airport when I learned of Big Dan's passing....to catch a flight to Alaska for a black bear hunt. Arrowed my 1st black bear the day prior to Dan's funeral....the last hour on the last day of the hunt. Can't help but wonder if I had a little help from above.

Goodbye Big Dan.....until we meet again.

28-Aug-19
Wow ... that’s news. I was able to communicate with Dan via private messages, speak to him on the phone, and then in person at the Montana Bowhunter’s Association convention. He was a wealth of knowledge and very generous in sharing that knowledge on hunting elk in the Missouri Breaks. RIP Dan.

28-Aug-19

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo

28-Aug-19
I do not post much on elk hunting but that is a wonderful picture Mule Power and although I only new Big Dan from his posts I have to believe that picture would make him smile.

28-Aug-19

bowslam's embedded Photo
Left to right; Ronnie Moore So Calif. (Dan's brother), Rob Sealy MT (PSE area rep, Cole Younger MT, me, Gene Coughlin MT, Frank Brickowski OR (NBA player 1984-1997), Bob Hickey MT and Dyrk Eddie MT
bowslam's embedded Photo
Left to right; Ronnie Moore So Calif. (Dan's brother), Rob Sealy MT (PSE area rep, Cole Younger MT, me, Gene Coughlin MT, Frank Brickowski OR (NBA player 1984-1997), Bob Hickey MT and Dyrk Eddie MT
Louis, Sorry you couldn't make it to Dan's funeral. We took a group picture of just some of the people who were friends and have hunted with Danny. Ronnie Moore (Dan's brother), Rob Sealy MT (long time PSE area Rep) Cole Younger MT, Gene Coughlin, Ovando, MT (ranch owner where Dan harvested a lot of whitetails), Frank Brickowski, OR (NBA player 1984-1997 who invited Dan and I to Salt Lake City Western Regional playoffs 1996 Seattle Super Sonic vs Utah Jazz. Frank and Seattle went on to play for the title against Chicago Bulls) Bob Hickey MT and Dyrk Eddie MT

19-Sep-19
RIP... Big Dan ! Always enjoyed our chats on Bowsite Chat room. You were a great elk hunter and friend to all ! I understand you died doing what you loved. Deepest sympathy and condolences to your Melaine and family. HH

19-Sep-19

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo

19-Sep-19
BigDan...what a remarkable example of a man that truly loved life. It was abundantly clear how much he loved Bowsite, elk hunting, but most of all his family. His hunting skill was only outdone by his generosity. Always willing to help a fellow bowhunter. Most admirable traits we can all aspire to.

19-Sep-19

WI Shedhead's embedded Photo
WI Shedhead's embedded Photo
Spending the week in his stomping grounds the breaks. The guy I brought with me is his first elk hunt and of course he pulled out a hop his mamma- Made me think hmmmmm- what would Danny do? :)

19-Sep-19
Wow that wAs a nice spell check from hoochie mama. Ha ha

19-Sep-19
RIP Dan

20-Sep-19
A day has not gone by since his passing that I have not thought about him at least once. We never got to hunt together for whatever reason. I sure regret that .Life is short don’t put anything off you just never know.Lewis

20-Sep-19
Got Bowhunting World just a few weeks ago and there was an interview with him.

• Sitka Gear