BIG BEAR 12-Sep-19
Grey Ghost 12-Sep-19
Heat 12-Sep-19
HH 12-Sep-19
mn_archer 30-Sep-19
wkochevar 30-Sep-19
pirogue 30-Sep-19
23-Aug-19
Big ram down. Kyle has so many friends on this site and you know him that he Never Gives Up. He was able to harvest a 170 plus CA sheep. This has to be one of the largest rams harvested at the highest elevation as he took it with one shot at over 12,700 feet. Those that have been fortunate to hear Kyle speak at his Sheep Shape Shape seminars know how hard he trains and how he has ran multiple marathons and ultra marathons and has won accolades for running extreme mountain trail races can appreciate how hard this hunt was when Kyle shares how tough the climb out with his ram was. Kyle’s never give up strategy resulted in his persistence to draw this tag and he recently shared his plan at his WSF seminar to apply in the toughest areas and those units that were the most brutal and difficult to access. He feels that most other hunters are unable to hunt in these areas and so his odds of drawing increase exponentially. Then when he draws the tag he knows that his competition during the hunt will be reduced as those other hunters not in his physical condition drop out or cannot continue to persevere as he can. He says he can just out hunt those who do draw, and in most cases he is going harder and longer and faster than his guides as well.

Kyle is too modest and won’t mention all his accomplishments as an ultra-successful runner, a financial guru, taking a top ten Pope and Young Dall sheep, his involvement as a director of WSF, his personal extensive donations to numerous conservation organizations, nor his ability to consistently be the top and best conditioned hunter that most guides and outfitters see during the season. He consistently helps and mentors and coaches hunters in their efforts to follow in his footsteps and show up for their hunts in tremendous shape. Incredibly he drew this California sheep tag against long odds but perhaps it is fitting that he did, as his early efforts in California were directly responsible for increasing the number of tags available. Clearly the hunting gods have rewarded him for putting more sheep on the mountain and increasing hunting opportunities for so many others.

I am sure that all the Bowsiters here hope that Kyle will post some photos and share this hunt, his process and more details in the future.

23-Aug-19
Congratulations Kyle! Sounds like a great ram!

23-Aug-19
Can't wait to see pictures, I don't about the weapon choice! Post up those pictures and screw the haters!!!

Congratulations!!!

23-Aug-19
Congrats on the rifle ram, but Kyle & modest don't seem to belong in the same sentence.

23-Aug-19
Congrats NVA. Would love to see some pics.

23-Aug-19
That is where he has been.

CONGRADULATIONS!!!

An Inspiration To ALL!

23-Aug-19
Good to hear from you, Tom!

23-Aug-19
Congrats on your sheep Kyle!

23-Aug-19
Looking forward to seeing pics. Sounds like a proper adventure!

23-Aug-19
Wow hadn't even realized the time had come and the Cali season opened. From what I hear of that unit, it is far from being any kind of slam dunk hunt. Great to hear he was successful. Would sure enjoy seeing the hunt pics and ram pics, either here, or wherever they might get posted!

23-Aug-19
Huge congrats

23-Aug-19
Congrats..... I have no problem with him hunting with a rifle........ But I think the grief he got was over how he acquired the tag..... not his choice of weapon.......

23-Aug-19
Thanks for the update Ttt.

23-Aug-19
Big Bear, he applied for the tag, just like everyone else could have or did. Are you insinuating that somehow he acquired the tag by some ill gotten means? I do not think that CA Fish and Wildlife gave him a tag to reward him for all he have done to put sheep on the mountain in California. As far as I know it was a lotto and they drew his name? Kyle is one of the most accomplished bowhunters on Bowsite, but he did shoot it with a rifle. It must have been impossible to use a bow or I am sure he would have tried.

24-Aug-19
Accomplished bowhunter?!? Other than the Dall, haven’t all others been shot with a rifle? Don’t even believe he’s tried...With his ego, he’ll be back...Good for him!

24-Aug-19
Man crush?

24-Aug-19
I’m not insinuating anything tthomas.......... I’m simply pointing out that the lengthy thread on the former CF included one person who accused Kyle of attempting to purchase all of the raffle tickets in a raffle to obtain a tag. I’m not even sure if this was the tag in question. The accusation was made and then instead of defending his position on the issue...... Kyle disappeared. I’d like to see him return and post pictures of his ram and set the record straight on what happened over on the CF.

24-Aug-19
Team Foss is alive and well

Thanks for the update Tom

Congrats Kyle, isn't that his 2nd Slam??

Good luck, Robb

24-Aug-19
Congrats to him. How do you like him now. He got it done!

A celebration worthy accomplishment. Period. Other comments with caveats and assumptions and reminders above are probably the reason he bothered not to share it here.

24-Aug-19
Great job, Kyle! Congratulations!

24-Aug-19
Good job Kyle! Post a pic. Just one please

24-Aug-19
Congrats to Kyle!

Now let’s see some pics!

24-Aug-19
Hat off to you for your age to be committed to this physical hunt, not many could do it and I am one, now for the pics.

24-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle! Taking any sheep is rare air. Taking a dandy like that.... Great job. Likely even more satisfying knowing first hand all the work put in to get the herds reestablished. Dealing with psycho groups in CA actually trying to subvert their efforts. Must feel great to look back at this one and enjoy it.

Gotta put in, buy tickets, win an auction, etc to get a sheep tag in the lower 48. Takes effort, planning and yeah, maybe some money. All about priorities. It's not sitting in a tree with an OTC resident tag. Even then the tag is only part of it. Hunting sheep where they live....the adventure, the experience, that's why sheep hunters do it. It amazes me to see guys of that age who live for such physical hunts.... Dr. Frost, Kyle,..... Mr Foss, well, he's different, he just has Father Time by the stones...... =D

Great to see ya here Tom! Truly is.... always a pleasure. Take care.

24-Aug-19
I have no clue who kyle is but its amazing to see the haters come out. He's got insiders, is a rifle hunter. Blah blah. Good for him. I hope the people that put in extra get extra back. Pay it forward

24-Aug-19
Kyle is not good people....he is great people........congratulations and long ago and multiple times over earned and earned!!!!

25-Aug-19

25-Aug-19

25-Aug-19

bad karma's embedded Photo
Here's one pic.

25-Aug-19

And the other....a magnificent ram.

25-Aug-19
BK thanks

Incredible ram. Nice job Kyle

25-Aug-19
Wow!

25-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle

25-Aug-19
What a beauty of a ram. The smile tells most of the story!

25-Aug-19
Wow! Good for Kyle.

25-Aug-19
That is a crusher of a ram!

25-Aug-19
Awesome! Congrats Kyle.

25-Aug-19
Monster and well earned

25-Aug-19
Very nice, I know the ram was killed in “California” but is a Desert BH? A Nelson’s? Or a “CA BH” ?

25-Aug-19
Cool. Good job Kyle. I’d like to see a pic. I’ve shared a rifle pic last year and nobody slashed my tires! Well, I didn’t check yet today...and it’s early.

25-Aug-19
It's a Desert BHS in an alpine environment @ 12,800.'

Interestingly, other than the occasional ram which wanders into CA from NV or OR, there are no California BHS in California.

25-Aug-19
Cool awesome ram

25-Aug-19
Awesome! Congratulations.

25-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle.

25-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle and I’m sorry for dredging up the CF. You have nothing but respect from this fellow HUNTER (Rifle And Bow)..... and Thanks for what you did for our country as a Fighter Pilot.

Congrats on a hell of a ram....!!

25-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle on a great animal. I'm sure you worked your butt off for this. Thanks for the great pics.

25-Aug-19
Awesome ram

25-Aug-19
Wow, what a bruiser of a Ram!!

A big congrats to you, Kyle!

25-Aug-19
Be a great post on Gun Site.

25-Aug-19
Heck of a ram. Congrats!

25-Aug-19

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Bowhunter friendly?

I think not!

25-Aug-19
So now that your back Kyle, you going to answer the raffle tag situation?!? Did you try to circumvent the system or not? Easy question...If you did, it’s genius! Surprised more haven’t tried to head off a highly sought after raffle tag...

25-Aug-19
Lol...Ok Jeff! And I stand corrected, he is quite the accomplished bow hunter, he reminded me of it...He’s taken several animals with a bow!

25-Aug-19
As I noted in the PM I sent you, Ike, I've taken 24 big game animals with my bow.

How about you?

How many 160" BHS have you taken with a bow?

How many 200"+ Muleys?

How many 366" bull elk?

How many P&Y moose?

How many P&Y speed goats?

How many 165" Whitetails?

I've got all of those with a bow.

How about you?

25-Aug-19
Very nice! Congratulations.

At that elevation, do you bring all the meat and horns and cape down in one trip, or multiple?

What elevation do you have to drop to to have motorized transport?

25-Aug-19
Frank,

We had quads and horses to 5,000.'

From there on it was horses, mules and boot leather.

25-Aug-19
Yea I'm going with Ike producing his numbers in comparison to kyles, that Ike is so worried about.

25-Aug-19
Kyle don’t feel you need to prove anything to anyone. Don’t legitimize the illegitimate

25-Aug-19
LOL!

25-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle, looks like a good one.

25-Aug-19
bou'bound,

Good point.

Thank you!

Jackasses will be jackasses and there's little if anything we can do about it.

25-Aug-19
Beautiful ram Kyle, nicely done! Given the rarity of a sheep tag, and the importance of maintaining the health/strength of the herd, I would think that harvesting the most mature rams would be the primary objective. If a bowhunt is not conducive to meeting that objective, so be it.

25-Aug-19
Congrats!

25-Aug-19

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Of all the hunt zones in CA, The White Mountain zone is the least conducive for bowhunting.

At this time of the year the rams are way above timberline and they can see for miles.

I took my ram in the lower left corner of this photo, just below the last snowslide in the photo.

How about you, BOHUNTER?

How many rams have YOU taken with a bow?

25-Aug-19
Well, Kyle since you asked, I haven’t drawn one yet......or finagled my way into ‘securing’ a tag like some. :) However, when I do rest assured it will be with my bow, as I’m a bowhunter. If I eat a tag because of that.....my choice. You made a choice.....good for you. It’s a nice ram and adventure so enjoy it.........but quit rationalizing about the terrain and saying it’s not conducive to archery.....I know Zack just arrowed a ram in similar terrain. :)

25-Aug-19
That's funny that bohntr called you out when he has used a convicted poacher to get intel on Colorado muleys

25-Aug-19

25-Aug-19
Now Onion, I was starting to think you were okay, at heart. But I guess not.....yup, exchanged info with him (Like a lot have), but after he was busted, stayed clear. I guess my crystal ball isn’t as good as yours. :)

25-Aug-19
What a TOAD! Hell of an accomplishment with any weapon. Well done:)

25-Aug-19
So, 'BOHUNTER,' did you even apply for sheep in CA?

In NV?

In AZ?

In UT?

In CO?

In OR?

In MT?

In ID?

25-Aug-19
CA (max), NV, AZ, MT. Someday

25-Aug-19
I've seen it all when TThomas stands up for and actually brags about someone killing a sheep with a gun? I might have to reboot my computer?

As my 6 year old says " Actually and literately" .

25-Aug-19
Great ram. Congrats !

25-Aug-19
It's either groundhog day or that other fun day in April.

25-Aug-19
Beautiful ram!

25-Aug-19

Zackman's embedded Photo
Zackman's embedded Photo
Congrats on an incredible California ram! Very impressive animal!

Bowhunting difficult terrain and actually being successful is very difficult for sure...

25-Aug-19

25-Aug-19
CONGRATS!!!

25-Aug-19
It's a great specimen...and the "re-introduction" or "resurgence" of these animals, as well as the work involved by many, is greatly appreciated by all of us hunters and conservationists! The pompous and pretentious nature of some here, on the other hand, I could do without.

25-Aug-19
Beautiful ram Kyle! Congratulations! Thanks for the pictures!

25-Aug-19
What a Ram, Congrats Kyle!

25-Aug-19
Kyle, nice desert! You don’t deserve it!

I look at people like my grandfather and great-grandfather that spent a great part of their adult lives re-building the Desert Bighorn population in Southern Ca. and other parts of this state! If they saw the drama you bring to our conservation program, they’d be appalled!

Shawn Wood

CAWSF board member!

26-Aug-19
It’s awesome being part of this current group that of people in CAWSF!

26-Aug-19
I don’t know any of this backstory, but pretty appalling that a group of guys are attacking each other on a public forum designed for the benefit of hunters. Whether we use guns, bows, traps... you name it. To each his own. We should not be tearing each other down but supporting each with what ever means we’re used. We have enough groups and parties ready to take our hunting rights away. Why fuel the fire?? Unless this was taken illegally...put your personal feelings aside for this individual and rejoice in the fact that we live in the awesome country and have the freedoms to chance wild game with any tools allowed.

26-Aug-19
And that’s why I will never move back to California! Too much drama and politics there even the few hunters fight with each other:(

26-Aug-19
As I stated Kyle, I stand corrected...You’re a very accomplished bow hunter and well deserving, good for you!

26-Aug-19
Popcorn anyone? Mmmmh

26-Aug-19
Lol...

26-Aug-19
What a Ram, congrats!

26-Aug-19
This thread which should have been a celebration for a fellow hunter and conservationist will be locked in 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. .....................

26-Aug-19
One hell of a Ram Kyle

Congrats!!

Good luck, Robb

26-Aug-19
Beautiful sheep! Congrats!!

26-Aug-19
Great Ram congrats!

26-Aug-19
Wow Congratulations Kyle. Thank you for all you do as well as the advice and inspiration you have given to many of us.

26-Aug-19
Kyle, congratulations on your awesome ram. Hope we get to hear the rest of the story.

26-Aug-19
One hell of a ram, congrats.

26-Aug-19
I clicked the link to see a big ram. Unfortunately the thread turned into a "who has more bone" pissing contest. Too bad.........................................

Beautiful animal BTW!

26-Aug-19
Rut Nut, too funny!

26-Aug-19
Congrats on a great ram!

26-Aug-19
Congrats

26-Aug-19
Beautiful Ram! Congratulations!!!

26-Aug-19
the hunter himself posted neither the announcement of the feat nor the picture and he is blasted. Crazy.

26-Aug-19
Lotsa first world problems going on in here! Congrats to all the successful sheep hunters!

26-Aug-19
Congrats, Kyle. Helluva ram.

26-Aug-19
Very nice ram. Congratulations

26-Aug-19
Shawn, do you speak for CAWSF?

26-Aug-19
NvaGvUp post; How many 160" BHS have you taken with a bow? Dall 159 4/8 2000

How many 200"+ Muleys? None listed

How many 366" bull elk? 356 6/8 1998

How many P&Y moose? Shiras 128 5/8 2001

How many P&Y speed goats? None listed

How many 165" Whitetails? 3 listed 156 5/8 , 129 1/8, 126 4/8

Congratulations on these 6 P&Y animals.

26-Aug-19
^^^^ WTH? Who cares?

26-Aug-19
Kyle was the one that encouraged me to join WSF. I did and will continue. I was at the California banquet at his table and my wife and I shared dinner with some wonderful people. For any out there that have not hunted at 12-14,000 ft it’s tough on a young person let alone someone in there 70s. Well done and thanks for the email of your hunt. Hats off to all that take sheep. It’s an adventure like no other. I encourage everyone to apply in various states forever if it takes that long and by raffle tickets for hunts.

27-Aug-19
wow....awesome job Kyle!

27-Aug-19
Nice ram! Don't care about the weapon or the BS. Sandbrew

27-Aug-19
Nice animals bowslam. Well done. They don’t come easy.

27-Aug-19
Right on Jaquamo! Unbelievable.

28-Aug-19
Kyle great ram! Congrats!

28-Aug-19
I swear to God, we are our own worst enemies. Who cares what tool he used. I hunt with a bow sometimes. But I've killed all my sheep with a rifle. If the elitists among us don't like it? Oh well.

Kyle, Congratulations on a beautiful, huge ram. And on the accomplishment of killing it at over 12,700 ft. You have big stones for doing that and even bigger for coming back here after the way some of these so-called "sportsmen" have treated you. Jealousy is a funny thing. I saw the pictures a little while back and wondered if they would show up here. I know how involved you have been in sheep restoration. I thank you for that. Three years ago I sat at your table at the sheep show after you invited people on this forum. I thank you for that. If I see you there in January I'd like to buy you a drink.

28-Aug-19
Being a true Bow Hunter is something rifle hunters will never understand. I don’t care what a guy kills an animal with but I’m really impressed when an animal like that is taken by bow. Some guys on here are true, passionate bow hunters some aren’t.

28-Aug-19
I've resisted as long as I can....

First off, congratulations to Kyle on a well earned ram!

Kyle didn't even start this thread and he's being criticized by a group of holier than thou Bowsite elitists for his weapon of choice. I know him well and I know he's a passionate hunter and is also passionate about sheep conservation. Everyone on this thread/sites has their personality quirks and other issues and if you've got an hour or two and a bottle of good Highland single malt I'll fill you in on some of mine....

I thought I was a true, passionate bowhunter but I've killed two sheep with a rifle. Now that I think about it, I also killed a meat caribou with a rifle on the last day of a bow hunt 10 years ago and add doe mule deer 30 years ago. I believe I've fired 6 shots from a rifle in the past 35 years for those 4 animals so maybe I'm not the passionate bowhunter I thought I was (insert sniffle here). Shoot! Maybe I'm not even a true bowhunter!!! I'm going to go cry now because I'm not the man I thought I was before I read jdee's post....

28-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle from a fellow hunter. Quite an accomplishment with any weapon. Regardless, a trophy is defined by the hunter who took it.

29-Aug-19
There’s a difference between a passionate hunter and a passionate bow hunter. Nice Ram.... Tilzbow it sounds like you’re disappointed in yourself. Like they say, if the truth hurts take two Tylenol.

29-Aug-19
The envy and jealousy on this thread is nauseating.

29-Aug-19
Congrats on the great ram!

29-Aug-19
Jdee

Total nonesense. No difference at ALL in a passionate bow hunter , rifle hunter, BB gun hunter, fly fisherman,spear fisherman, spear hunter, etc etc etc. Passionate is passionate It's all good and all awesome

29-Aug-19
Man there are some idiotic posts on this thread, some of you need to check your heads...

29-Aug-19
I think some people on here may need a little therapy! Man the holier than thou BS is sickening!

I would continue, but I would get banned for sure! I really try and be a nice guy but some of you are just dead wrong! IT WAS LEGAL!!! Get over your self righteous BS! If he broke the law then present your facts! Otherwise... shut up and move along!

29-Aug-19
This thread has become a sad illustration of ego/insecurity.

Come on gents....

31-Aug-19
Congrats Kyle!

Way to go brother!

31-Aug-19
Congrats and nice ram. Wish we could get a hunt recap no matter the weapon.

01-Sep-19
BOW- SITE.

Does not even peek and interest if taken with a bullet launcher.

H

01-Sep-19
Is this what intentionally killed by friendly fire looks like??

I'm sure Tom Foss rolled his eyes, giggled closed his computer and won't be back on here anytime soon. So much for this site having the opportunity to follow the adventures of him and his boys.

I don't understand the easily butthurt........

01-Sep-19
Congrats beautiful animal.

11-Sep-19
Beautiful animal and although I am a passionate bowhunter, I too would have taken him in a heartbeat with a rifle. Congratulations! I don't care if you bought the tag, drew the tag, or bought all the raffle tickets....as long as it's legal, I'm good. That said, I would suggest that it isn't appealing to read braggadocio as a defense. When you know you are right, stay above the naysayers, be quiet and simply hold your head high. Jealousy is one of the ugliest things on this planet.

11-Sep-19
"peek and interest"

That's "p-i-q-u-e an interest", if you're going to rip the guy, at least do it with proper grammar and spelling...

11-Sep-19
Hmmmm

Over on Nick’s ram thread (also a rifle kill)..... it peeked and interest to you there HH..... you said “Well done, good looking ram”........

You wouldn’t happen to be the same HH (Hedge Hunter) that was removed from here..... would you ??

False name. False registration. Breaking the rules once again.

11-Sep-19
I love Bowsite for all the great info but it’s absolutely full of elitist a$$holes. Or maybe it’s just a handful that won’t shut up and it just seems like there are a bunch. Not certain.

11-Sep-19
When I'm bowhunting, I suppose some would say I'm a passionate bowhunter. I dont care, I just like bowhunting. I sacrifice a lot to go, build my own longbows and arrows, etc..

I also like other stuff. If I'm snowmobiling, supporting my kid's sports, fly fishing or dirt biking it doesnt change my bowhunting. Same goes for when I rifle hunt, black powder hunt, handgun hunt or wing shoot with a shotgun, those are also just other things I do. Doesnt change my bowhunting.

11-Sep-19
Here here Glunt...I’ll add that it also doesn’t change my bow hunting if someone does their hunting with a rifle, some people might need to show a therapist on a doll where the rifle hunter touched them....

11-Sep-19
LOL! ^^^

Great ram, Kyle! Congrats!

11-Sep-19
If there was a “like” button here, I would’ve been hitting it like crazy on Glunts and Hoots posts. ;)

11-Sep-19
Congratulations Kyle, one heck of a ram! Enjoy your memories and share with as many as possible, as some will never understand the dedication that this accomplishment takes with any weapon!

11-Sep-19
Cory...I tried

11-Sep-19
There are 2-3 other threads of rifle ram hunts since this one that did not have all the negative comments. So what made this one different?

12-Sep-19
That is my give name.

Rifle Nick? No

Removed from what?

KH~

12-Sep-19
Wow, I've never been able to experience the mountains or hunt for a sheep but those pics show an amazing animal that makes me wish I could hunt there no matter what weapon was in my hand. Very cool!

12-Sep-19
HH..... Are you Shawn Magyar from Tennessee ??

12-Sep-19
Congrats Kyle on a beautiful ram!

Speaking for myself, I have a lot more respect for Kyle realizing the difficult terrain and choosing a rifle instead of what some hunters would have done and just pushed their shooting ability way past their limits flinging arrows at 75 to 100 yard shots hoping to score a hit and then tracking the animal for a follow up shot.

12-Sep-19
Nice ram, DUMB ELITE COMMENTS! Completely stupid to even bring up the weapon. Go stroke your ego somewhere else. The HUNTERS and SPORTSMAN support each other. Fools divide! As for the other stuff, if the attitude of one individual on here representing their state organization is a reflection of said organization it nailed down the fact I am not arrogant and elite enough and will NEVER JOIN IT! If someone was smart enough to look at the cost of a Sheep Hunt, did the #'s and realized he could be $$$$$ ahead to buy an entire pot of raffle tickets. At least that is what I hear was hinted. THEN I SAY THAT MAN IS A GENIUS if that is what happened. PURE GENIUS! The jealousy is pure evil and there is some major evil on this thread. Pathetic!

12-Sep-19
Bow-Site

What say Ye ..... Sponsors?

KH~

12-Sep-19
Are you Shawn Magyar ?? I’m pretty sure the owner of the Bowsite is OK with it.... He posted Nick’s ram.

And I’m pretty sure you (Hedgehunter) were removed from the Bowsite about the time the Community Forum was done away with. Now you’ve changed your registration and your name and you’ve returned to stir the pot. You even posted a picture of one of your Hedgehunter bows over on the Leatherwall under your new registration.

You relentlessly ragged on compound bow hunters over on the community forum..... why do you feel the need to come to the Bowsite where a very large percentage of the posters are compound hunters. Isn’t the Leatherwall enough for you ?? Thank you for you service to our country,,,,,,, But sheesh.

12-Sep-19
Yes, Big Bear, he’s Shawn Magyar. I’d recognize his illiterate posts anywhere.

Congrats to Kyle for a beautiful ram. I just wish he’d respond to the raffle tag allegations against him. No response is a bad look for a well respected Bowsiter like Kyle.

Matt

12-Sep-19
Welcome back Tthomas.

12-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
Those were true as Ive been told from another Sheep hunter here.

We have lots of sheep here. No need to bribe Sheep Org to get a tag either.

KH~

30-Sep-19
Holy crap Kyle, Awesome ram!

I don't know whats going on or why we are attacking each other on this site all time, but as outdoorsmen cant we just celebrate a fellow hunter when he makes an awesome harvest?

People talk about tags- some people getting them and some not. I know a lot of guys who have drawn a bunch of really coveted tags and they all have one thing in common- they put in for a shit-ton of tags and yes, it comes with great expense at times.

Funny Kyle story-

In 2005 I was in central California building a home for a friends mother. Kyle invited me up to sacramento to sit at his table for the then FNAWS banquet. I was the ugly duckling at our table and easily the least accomplished in hunting and my career. One guy at the table I wont name, but is one of- if not the most successful mountain sheep hunter in the entire world. These guys treated me like one of them, though I clearly was not. At the time I was not poor or anything, but I was younger, single, and blew money as fast as I made it so I only bought what raffle tickets I could and didn't win anything. I cant say the same for the rest of our table. They were hauling guns to our table all night long, one after the other.

They raffled off guns in blocks and in one 4 gun block Kyle won 3 of the guns! The odds of that happening are not good, but he bought enough tickets to make it happen. Funny thing is I don't think he kept more than one of them- giving the others back to auction off. Its like tags. You apply for enough tags long enough your will draw. But the guys who really haul in the tags are participating in draws, raffles, etc.

Congratulations on a great sheep kyle, please post a pic of the mount when you get it back!

Michael

30-Sep-19
Congrats on a Cranker ram!! One day....(hopefully)!!

30-Sep-19
Congrats, Kyle.

• Sitka Gear