air leak 24-Aug-19
badguybuster 24-Aug-19
badguybuster 24-Aug-19
Grubby 24-Aug-19
BOHUNTER09 25-Aug-19
air leak 25-Aug-19
skipmaster1 25-Aug-19
24-Aug-19
Guys, I plan to get a rock climbing harness this season. I have read many positive comments about them.

My question is..How do you attach your safety strap to the tree? I checked Youtube, and could not find anything specific regarding it.

Thanks.

24-Aug-19

oldgoat's Link
This is what I use, mine is the 120cm one I think

24-Aug-19
old goat...I know that the belt attachment is in the front. Does the line go to the tree waist high, off to the side?

Thanks

24-Aug-19
I hunt from a tree saddle and use a rock harness for safety. To attach it i use the safety strap included with most tree saddles and a 24K carabiner.

24-Aug-19
Oh and an 8ft section of static rope with a Ropeman 1 belay device. I can raise and lower for comfort

24-Aug-19
I use a piece of 10mm static rope with a loop on one end, stop knot in the other and a prussic with a carabiner to hook into my harness

25-Aug-19
I always fasten to the tree above my head with just enough slack to sit down. This way If you fall you will still be above the platform.

25-Aug-19
Thanks guys.

25-Aug-19
I attach in the front with a Prussic to a length of static line that runs along my right hip and is girth hitched around the tree at waist height.

• Sitka Gear