>>>---WW----> 25-Aug-19
Mnhunter1980 25-Aug-19
Michael 25-Aug-19
wildwilderness 26-Aug-19
COHOYTHUNTER 26-Aug-19
TD 26-Aug-19
COHOYTHUNTER 26-Aug-19
24-Aug-19
Anyone have one? Know anyone that has one? Considering getting one vs. a hard shell topper for my Tacoma, as I would probably not be using it all year round, mainly summer/fall for camping and hunting seasons. Just want input on pros/cons from people have used them.

24-Aug-19
I had one on a Tacoma 8-9 years ago. It lasted as long as I owned the vehicle, I never took mine off. The sides (4) rolled up, which is usually how I ran it unless carrying something or camping. I liked it - served the purpose for me. One thing I remember in colder weather, if its rolled up and you decide to roll the sides backdown its darn near impossible to get all the snaps to fasten because it shrinks a bit in the cold.

24-Aug-19
I think Ermine has one on his Taco.

24-Aug-19

TD's embedded Photo
Granddaughter used to get a great kick out of crusin' wid Gramps years ago..... I think she still does.... just doesn't want anyone to know it..... =D
TD's embedded Photo
Granddaughter used to get a great kick out of crusin' wid Gramps years ago..... I think she still does.... just doesn't want anyone to know it..... =D
My Scout "convertible" has one. The material is impressive and the main frame and top have lasted in the sun here for many years and still going strong. The sides and the back on mine are separate and removable/replaceable, on my third back and just replaced my sides. The vinyl windows are the issue, sun destroys them over the years. My new ones I ordered are tinted, hoping they handle the sun better.

Yeah, I've actually had it in the snow a couple times up at 7000+ feet. When it gets colder they are quite a bit harder to handle, material gets real stiff. But overall very happy with it. I'd buy it again in a second. And the company is great to deal with. They keep the patterns of everything they make, so hang on to your model and serial numbers. If you need a repair panel they can pull out the pattern and make you a new part in just a few days.

I pull the top down two or three days a year a drive around, 4th of July I ziptie a couple flags to the rollbar and drive around, hit the beaches. Good fun.

25-Aug-19
Bears love em!

25-Aug-19
I don’t have any experience with the canvas toppers but another option might be a used aluminum topper. Pretty easy to put on and off a few times a year. We just put mine on a friends truck today for our trip and it took 15 minutes

25-Aug-19

Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
Michael's embedded Photo
I had one on my Ram pick up. It worked pretty good for sleeping in. They fold up in a couple of minutes and can be set up in the same time.

26-Aug-19
I have had one one two trucks and serve their purpose. Very easy to store up. My wife can do it by herself! Nice since she likes to transport bikes on the tailgate and you can’t do that with a camper. The topper works for keeping rain/snow out etc. only draw back is you can’t lock it.

26-Aug-19
Truthfully, not being able to 'lock' it is the only real downside I see.. but if someone wants your shyt, they'll find a way to take it. And when walking into a hunting camp to take stuff, their running a risk of ending up on the business end of some sort of weapon

26-Aug-19
Scout was broken into twice..... before I put the motion sensor car alarm in. Now I can set the alarm with the windows open, top down if I want. It chirps at you if you get withing touching distance of it...... goes OFF! if you didn't take the hint..... Amazing how many folks are "just looking at it!" when you come around the corner......

I put auto door locks on too controlled by the system, pretty handy when coming back out of the store. But the locks are really just there to keep honest people honest..... Funny to see people's faces in parking lots when they "arm" their new car and then I "arm" the '76 right next to them.....

Be easy to set up a motion detector for the bed and tie into your current alarm. Viper, several others make them.

26-Aug-19
Anything of real value (Bow, rifle, pistol, ipad, etc) would be kept in the cab of my truck. If anything like a Yeti is in the bed, it would be locked up to the bed so another layer of deterance if anyone wanted to 'break' into it.. I have a tonneau cover on it now and with the tailgate locked, makes it difficult to get into, but not impossible.. I am just looking for extra space and dont want a hard shell. I want something that if i remove it, it takes up minimal space and can easily be put back on..

• Sitka Gear