BIG BEAR 30-Aug-19
RTJ1980 31-Aug-19
grape 02-Sep-19
Fuzzy 03-Sep-19
grape 03-Sep-19
Alexis Desjardins 03-Sep-19
Ibow 03-Sep-19
26-Aug-19
Greg didn’t take a bear this spring he’s back to try for a good one. I was saying this morning 4 of his friends that’s been up with him here have killed bears over 400lbs in the spring hunts. I let him pick the 3 baits he wanted me to bait for him I am letting him make the decisions see if his luck changes I can’t seem to find him a 400 lb bear we had some 300 plus in front of him but the big ones eluded us. We’re starting tonight I will sit with him it’s been raining off and on much needed hope we don’t get wet.

26-Aug-19
Get it done Greg!

Good luck

Jeff

26-Aug-19

Alexis Desjardins's embedded Photo
Greg was quick to tell me he killed a good one in Saskatchewan he did get a giant there this spring. Here he is with all his friends.

26-Aug-19
Best of luck Greg.

26-Aug-19
7:20 nothing but squirrels so far Greg is a supper guy to have in camp we tease each other all the time all in fun.

26-Aug-19
Is he in the swamp?

26-Aug-19
Yes we r Jeff ,2 bear just walked in blacks one with a V 2.5 year olds can’t take pics too much brush where I’m at.

26-Aug-19
Greg picked the the swamp, hill, T miker, to hunt this fall there’s a few hitting the three we come to his favourite spot tonight.

26-Aug-19
Good luck teach!

Grape was my 7th grade English teacher and a longtime family friend. The man is the real deal. Shared a moose camp with him in Ontario and plenty of mornings laying in goose fields.

26-Aug-19
Best of luck

26-Aug-19
One bigger black chased the 2 out and 2 more followed him in that’s 5 all blacks

26-Aug-19
That Wisconsin feller loves killing bears that’s for sure! I’d be right skeered if I was a Bruin round there, good luck buddie!

27-Aug-19
I know Greg is enjoying your posts he will address yous at the end of his hunt I’m sure. Adam he is after number 41 bear I would be a little worried if I was a Bruin too.

27-Aug-19
I hope you get a huge old bear Greg! Is color important this fall or is it about size?

27-Aug-19
Jeff. I won’t shoot TIL Lexi gives me the ok!!!

27-Aug-19
Good luck! Bear hunting is special.

27-Aug-19
You know Alexis won't let you down Grape !! Shoot a big one !! Good luck and God Bless .

27-Aug-19
Were back up in the swamp see what tonight brings, I know Greg was pulling your leg when he said he’s waiting for me to give him the signal. If it’s a color in the 300 will do for him, if it’s black it will have to be over 400 I think we will see if he kills one this week.

27-Aug-19

27-Aug-19
3 bear tonight it was windy, try her again tommorow.

28-Aug-19

That’s my helpers today my oldest sons 2 boys and Greg beautiful day in Manitoba.

28-Aug-19
Were sitting at mikers tonight Grapes at the bottom I’m at the top to observe some good bear on camera no giants yet.

28-Aug-19

This guy come in at 6:45 where I was I got down the wind was all over the place didn’t want to scare the bear for Greg it was dirty windy right till dark Greg got skunked.

28-Aug-19
Is the hunting there slower in the fall than in the spring Alexis?

29-Aug-19
It’s not like spring Jeff in the fall the food source is all over and in the spring it’s scarce the come to the bait better. In the fall there not hungry they will come in sniff around maybe eat a little and off they go to the nut patch’s very critical to fatten up for winter for survival. It’s a tough fall along the hills what I have for them is as good as there is and sometimes that ain’t enough, but if it’s just a bear a guys after no problem killing one.

29-Aug-19
We had a tough decision to make which stand to go to there was multiple bears on the 3 main baits from last evening and this morning but we’re back in the swamp. Wind is still blowing hope it settles this evening.

29-Aug-19

29-Aug-19
A Boone and pocket just showed up.

29-Aug-19

29-Aug-19

29-Aug-19
3 so far they have nice coats already got some length to it the colours r scares on the few baits were hunting only got a few on camera there’s a pretty good one here last night in the dark hope he shows in the daylight.

29-Aug-19
When them 2 bear walked off Grape turned and looked at me with a big smile I love my job just hearing the stories and putting smiles on my guest faces is priceless.

29-Aug-19

29-Aug-19
That was number 4 he has a little v, one had a big v one had greyish nose number 5 just walked in dark chocolate

29-Aug-19

29-Aug-19
Biggest one so far roughly 225 just prime time now.

29-Aug-19
Number 6 might make pope and young about 275

29-Aug-19
He just let an arrow fly.

29-Aug-19
Ha ha ha atta boy Greg!! I can’t wait to see it!!

Let me know how this one goes!

30-Aug-19

We found Greg’s bear this morning nice black beautiful coat congrats my friend. Thanks to who posted and followed. Greg’s phone don’t work here I’m sure he will have something to say when he gets home. Have a great fall all.

30-Aug-19
Congrats Greg!!

30-Aug-19
Atta boy Grape! Way to get it done! Congrats to you as well Alexis!

30-Aug-19
Congratulations Greg! I’m happy for you! Shoot me a text when you’re in cell service

30-Aug-19
Grape... the bear Killer... congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30-Aug-19
Way to go Greg !!! You are the bear killing man !!! What is the story behind the name “Grape” ??

31-Aug-19
Nice bear Teach. That was a fun thread to follow.

02-Sep-19
I made it back from Desjardins in Manitoba. I had planned to make it a two day drive. Did it all Saturday. I hate driving in the dark. I spent three weeks in Canada chasing Bears. Two weeks in Ontario and one with Lexi and April in Manitoba. Mission accomplished in both . I am repeating myself, but it never gets old. If you are a Bear hunter, Desjardins is a Bear hunter's dream. Thank you Lexi , April, and all the wonderful people around you for another great experience. We will do it again next spring.

03-Sep-19
that's GREAT bear! I'm in awe of guys who can judge bear size accurately "on the hoof" btw

03-Sep-19
Bears are extremely difficult to judge. Once they are on the ground, the shrinkage begins.

03-Sep-19
Grape is pretty good at judging size me not so good, I’m under more than over there tough to judge.

03-Sep-19
Congrats Greg. Sounds like you had a fun fall.

• Sitka Gear