Pyrannah 26-Aug-19
elkstabber 27-Aug-19
Ambush 27-Aug-19
elkmtngear 27-Aug-19
elkmtngear 27-Aug-19
jdee 27-Aug-19
elkstabber 27-Aug-19
26-Aug-19
Gaia allows us to import kml files. So how do I find unit boundaries to import? And, is there a way to find and bring in the wilderness boundaries for Wyoming? Thanks in advance.

26-Aug-19
I would try TopRut. They have unit files in KML, I think unit boundaries are part of the download. Wilderness boundaries, message me with your e-mail address and I will send you what I have. (I don't remember where I got them from, but I was able to save them as KML)

26-Aug-19
Wilderness Boundaries should be clearly marked on Gaia, at least on Gaia Premium, when you download the Topo Maps for the area you're hunting. Just make sure you download the overlay that has the boundaries marked.

26-Aug-19
Agree with elkmtngear

27-Aug-19
Thanks for the help so far. I've gotten halfway there. I've got the regular, not premium subscription so this may involve more effort on my part. I found that the USFS 2016 layer has the FS and wilderness boundaries and topo so I've got that part.

I'm still looking for GMU boundaries. Toprut has downloads for GE but it says specifically that they are not for use with mobile devices. So how do I get to see the GMU boundaries on Gaia on a phone?

27-Aug-19
I have the Premium subscription and it has many layers to choose from. In Canada, I think my yearly subscription cost is $13, which is about $1.57 in US.

Hunting in Arizona, it had all the landower info plus several other land designations, many which I didn't recognize. Being Canadian, if I get caught doing something dumb, I just resort to "Ah jeez, I'm sorry, eh."

27-Aug-19

elkmtngear's Link
Gaia apparently has GMUs available as well with the Premium Subscription (see link)

I just never use them, because the areas I've historically hunted have not had other GMU boundaries nearby.

Sort of a basic video here as well:

27-Aug-19

elkmtngear's Link
Found the Wyoming Elk Unit Overlay (see link)

27-Aug-19
My Premium subscription has the boundaries. You find them in the layers ....GMU’s layer.

27-Aug-19
Okay, now I will do like everybody else and buy the premium. Done. Thanks!

• Sitka Gear