bigeasygator 27-Aug-19
Irishman 27-Aug-19
HUNT MAN 27-Aug-19
T Mac 28-Aug-19
LINK 28-Aug-19
hoyt-6190 29-Aug-19
JRABQ 29-Aug-19
27-Aug-19
I am heading west in a week for my first Elk hunting experience and have all but checked out of daily life as I know it. Next Wednesday cant get here fast enough and all I can think about is being out in Colorado chasing Elk through the mountains. I have a feeling that soon when my wife goes to say something all I'm going to hear is bugling!

27-Aug-19
Normal response

27-Aug-19
Nothing to worry about

27-Aug-19
Yeah...my Wife just looks at me this time of year and says "you're already there, aren't you"?

27-Aug-19
LOL Jeff, mine just asks when she can expect me back! I tell her January ;-) She's a saint whom I do not deserve!

27-Aug-19
I am told that if you don't calm down you will never kill an elk.......so there is that to temper your excitement.

27-Aug-19
Can't stop a tidal wave. Enjoy the ride

27-Aug-19
Tricia states, " do not come home until you kill an elk". Another saint for sure. Paul

27-Aug-19
My wife is my hunting partner so on occasion she does actually bugle at me lol! She’s as bad as I am actually as far as being checked out of real life.

27-Aug-19
I thought elk hunting was real life and the rest of this was some sick twisted dream/nightmare we were forced to endure in the off season..........

27-Aug-19
Just don't draw up on her... ;)

27-Aug-19
It gets easier to be a Saint and send you on your way when you start peeing on yourself and raking the bedposts......

27-Aug-19
Elk for you gents, Moose for me. Had to work through caribou season, almost considered quitting over it. But I have 3 weeks off to chase bull moose so I guess it's okay lol.

27-Aug-19
Pretty sure I read it here on Bowsite that the key is to annoy your spouse just enough that she wants you gone for a couple weeks. Great advise and I wrote it down on a post-it. Problem is I put it in my lunchbox...and she empties my lunchbox. Now she knows the plan. I would’ve been a bad intelligence operative.

27-Aug-19
Good luck and make it happen. Keep us updated.

27-Aug-19
Elk fever is a disease. No known cure, the symptoms are varied and come and go throughout the year. Dr Z says drink plenty of water, load up your pack (Again) and give a kiss (or two) before you go. Whatever you do, plan your family life accordingly after the hunt. Heed family planning/abstain from marital relations between Dec 15th and ~ 1/31. Failure to heed this advise can cause severe reactions (during September) for those who have been infected with elk fever. Those infected with elk fever have been known to lose half of their stuff in the most severe reactions.

27-Aug-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

27-Aug-19
My wife doesn’t gripe at all except when I do my calling practice. She told my she is going to shove that bugle in my lower orifice if I don’t stop. She banished me to the shop for my practice sessions. I guess mating calls are species specific...and I thought I was talking sweet nothings.

27-Aug-19
I always know elk season is close when I wake up in the middle of the night and wonder if I just heard a bugle....

27-Aug-19
It was a great day when my wife changed her name to "Plaintiff'

:>)

27-Aug-19
I've been dealing with back and leg issues for the past few months (spinal injection, nerve block shots, etc..) and considered that I may not be able to go elk hunting this year. The other day my wife said I have to go because if I don't I will be unbearable to live with. EEEEYYYYYUUUUUP

27-Aug-19
Bob, sit a natural man made blind if a treestand will not work! If I just wanted to shoot an elk (Bull) a treestand/ground blind would be my # 1 choice! You gotta go, we only have so many Sept. sir!

ElkNut/Paul

27-Aug-19
Failing to see what the issue is, T Mac. All sounds normal to me!

27-Aug-19
I'm still laughing at cnelk's line "changed her name to plaintiff". My wife usually greets me when I get home with "why are you back so soon?" Ha!

27-Aug-19
Have you pissed yourself yet? If not you have 2 more stages . Hunt

28-Aug-19
I have not pissed myself yet but my wife and kids have antlers!

28-Aug-19
My wife keeps making comments about me going on two elk hunts this year. I just keep reminding her it’s one tag, two separate weeks. She’s used to repeating herself at this point. ;)

29-Aug-19
It’s getting close. Productivity is lacking due to day dreaming of being out chasing elk.

29-Aug-19

• Sitka Gear