bowslam 28-Aug-19
WapitiBob 28-Aug-19
APauls 28-Aug-19
JL 28-Aug-19
'Ike' 28-Aug-19
midwest 28-Aug-19
Bob H in NH 29-Aug-19
27-Aug-19
With the new 'color' option for Drop Pins, I have a plethora of colors on my map now...Lol!!! I do like it....

27-Aug-19
I just saw that. I have enough trouble deciding what icon to choose and now colour too I'm screwed !

27-Aug-19
I love the new color setting. I have found it very helpful especially when sharing points with others. I send all my shared points in one Color, all my points in my color etc. When I get a point from someone I change it to a shared with me Color.

The end result is even better... However I can already see that NW Colorado and Southern WY is starting to look more like a pride event on my app than a hunting map...

Maybe Polis will become a huge hunting supporter if he sees my festive pride hunting map?

27-Aug-19
Love it! Blue for water sources/wallows, green for access points, yellow for glassing spots, etc., etc.

27-Aug-19
I use pink for access points seemed logical in my mind

27-Aug-19
Depends on the time of month Fubar.

27-Aug-19
HA!

27-Aug-19
Pink for strip clubs?

27-Aug-19
I don’t usually mark access points... I can find those even in the dark. Wallows and water being blue is a no brainer, bedding in black since it’s usually dark timber. I also use the horseback rider when marking saddles. ;)

27-Aug-19
^^^ Boom, there it is, Justin for the win! Lol

27-Aug-19
No off season yooper

27-Aug-19
You're more man than I.

27-Aug-19
You ever worry that some hacker is perusing onX database and saying "Nice: wallow there, big bull there, big buck there..."?

27-Aug-19
Smarba, pretty sure OnX's agreement states they can profit off your way points.

27-Aug-19
Shoot, they can hack my home puter and do that...

27-Aug-19
Where are the colors and icons found?

27-Aug-19
If they have the same luck with my waypoints as I did they will be wishing they hacked someone else’s computer

27-Aug-19
WC, when you go to the Waypoint, hit the edit part and they should come up...

27-Aug-19
I see onX is still playing catch-up to Gaia.

27-Aug-19
They all work, personal choice...

27-Aug-19
I had both on X and Gaia and let on X expire . Love the Gaia app and you get all states for about what on X wants for one. I kept thinking I would probably go back to on X but I really can’t see any reason to. Both apps are great.

27-Aug-19
Aha! Thanks George.

27-Aug-19

bowslam's Link
Here's a link with Cory Jacobson that shows how to import waypoints from a GPS and the use of the Onx waypoints.

28-Aug-19
If I drop a way point, then go offline with a downloaded map, will it have the waypoint (assuming I download the map after I create the waypoint)?

Most of where I plan to elk hunt has no cell service

28-Aug-19
The waypoint and your map are both saved. You could navigate to a waypoint without saving a map but your map would be a blurry mess.

28-Aug-19
Make sure you have all the layers turned on you want to use before downloading your maps.

28-Aug-19
That's the idea with onX, GAIA and IhikeGPS (Apple iPhone or iPad). Download your hunt area map with waypoints. In onX you then go to "offgrid" then "Go Offline" to use your saved maps. Onx does not give you a specific USGS map as in GAIA and IhikeGPS does. You have the choice of using 5, 10 or 100 mile maps. 5 and 10 give more detail. I use the 10 mile. When you save a map it will leave a green box around the area you saved. When I mapped my sheep unit last year I started at the top of the unit going left to right then dropped down and went right to left and so on until I had the whole unit. As you hunt you can add waypoints. The IhikeGPS uses USGS maps (7.5 minute maps are best but larger if you wish). I find the USGS maps easier to download for a large area.

All three are great programs.

28-Aug-19
You no longer need to turn on layers when downloading maps, just make sure they are in the "my layers" area of the state you are downloading. This was changed recently.

28-Aug-19
I know, I was finally able to separate my black sasquatches from my brown sasquatches.

28-Aug-19
A couple of nights ago I ordered a one state onX. Got a good deal and decided to go for it with an upcoming MT antelope hunt. Hopefully it is easy to navigate thru.

28-Aug-19
It is JL, very easy to get the hang of....

28-Aug-19
Thanks, Bob

29-Aug-19
JL, it's really easy! I've been using it in WY to figure things out!

• Sitka Gear