smarba 29-Aug-19
Gator 30-Aug-19
Matt 31-Aug-19
JustinMct5 31-Aug-19
JustinMct5 02-Sep-19
spikehorn 02-Sep-19
Dstall 02-Sep-19
28-Aug-19
Carbon or aluminum and why? Besides price.

28-Aug-19
I have both. The carbon is nicer when its cold. The aluminum has a narrower grip which I like more consistent grip. You really can't go wrong with either IMO.

28-Aug-19
No reason other than price. I don’t see any value in the carbon, so didn’t pay the extra for it. Hunting buddy has a carbon, not sure why.

28-Aug-19
There is non existent 3rd axis torque on my aluminum Hoyt. A stiffer riser would mean nothing in this case. If you get a carbon bow, then add 2 pounds of stabilizer to it, what's the point? You don't want a super light bow in the wind either.

If there was any real advantage the target pro's would be using carbon risers.

28-Aug-19
I love it when it's cold. I really liked how light my Matrix was. The RX-3 is noticeably heavier than the Matrix, which is disappointing.

28-Aug-19
Aluminum, just something I’ve always shot...Even in below temps in AK, it wasn’t a problem, because you’re going to have at least a thin glove layer to shoot with...Least I did!

29-Aug-19
I like carbon.

29-Aug-19
Both for me, I like them both! I would say it's probably not worth the money in all reality. I bought the carbon ones I have had used, so the price wasn't bad at all!

29-Aug-19
Both terrific. I actually preferred the helix aluminum this yr over carbon.

29-Aug-19
I’ve got the carbon defiant and by the time you add all the ornaments it’s just as heavy as any other bow. Shoots great though

29-Aug-19
carbon. they cost more for a reason

29-Aug-19
I always preferred the aluminum myself. Just never could get super serious about any of the carbon bows after the Matrix. Just a gut feel thing. I've always just trusted aluminum. And now their carbon line is just as heavy as a lot of aluminums so really what's the point in spending the extra $6-700 dollars.

29-Aug-19
Aluminum here, mostly due to price.

29-Aug-19
Carbon, for the exact reasons Bloodtrail just mentioned...

29-Aug-19
If priced the same i'd take carbon all day long. I shot various carbon models over the last few years and picked up the hyperforce and helix in the last year and haven't looked back. Once i adjusted to the weight difference (which is negligible) i've found i really enjoy the aluminum better. The grip is the same excluding the 2019 models; the cold of the aluminum is noticeable but not an issue. I'm sure i'll pick up a carbon down the road BUT if price is considered i'd go aluminum every time now.

29-Aug-19
I like carbon. Been shooting carbon for years. I like the feel of carbon.

29-Aug-19
I live in a very hot area. When I travel to the north part of the state or some other cold climate, I suspect that the temperature difference in aluminum might very well affect the point of impact more so than carbon. It might not be a lot, but it's another feature worth at least mentioning in the discussion. I have also had a bow case destroyed by an airline and an aluminum bow damaged. I've had a carbon bow fall off a quad and get run over and it was fine.

29-Aug-19
I have both a helix and a rx3ultra. both have their plus. rx3 for the weight for sure

29-Aug-19
aluminum. the weight savings is minimal at best and the manufacturing process is not consistent on the carbon risers (research the sight shims required for the RX3's and finish work).

29-Aug-19
I’ve been a carbon guy on my last 4 Hoyts. Mainly because of my vanity if we are being honest...

—Jim

29-Aug-19
When I saw the Matrix torture test being run over by a truck...that sold me on carbon. The vast majority of us have switched to carbon arrows over aluminum...why? Same reasons I shoot a carbon bow.

But the new prices are getting out of control. I bought my Matrix used and it's still going strong...

30-Aug-19
Current bow is my first carbon, sorry I waited so long.

31-Aug-19
I prefer the feel of a carbon riser.

31-Aug-19
It’s a Hoyt sell that piece of junk

02-Sep-19
It’s a Hoyt they both suck! Sell them

02-Sep-19
Carbon. Don't miss cold days holding the aluminum.

02-Sep-19
Shoot em don’t Hoyt em. Least it’s better then Mathews

• Sitka Gear