Bigwoodshunter 15-Nov-19
carcus 15-Nov-19
bighorn 15-Nov-19
Russ Koon 16-Nov-19
Bear Track 16-Nov-19
bighorn 17-Nov-19
Trophyhill 18-Nov-19
29-Aug-19
From the best rest thread I was surprised by the overwhelming amount of guys shooting the biscuit rest. So I have decided to take another look at them. My biggest question is how often do they tear up blazer vanes with a pretty good offset? I usually never have to re-fletch my arrows unless I shoot one off while practicing. I guess bottom line for me is do you have to re-fletch arrow due to the biscuit eating them up?

29-Aug-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
My wife, my son, and my father all shoot Blazer vanes and whisker biscuits...and I used to as well. I've always fletched them with the Arizone EZ Fletch with max right helical. I've never had to refletch one of their arrows, due to being shot through the biscuit...the Bohning Blazers are such a strong, durable material, they simply don't lose their shape. If anything, I've noticed slight wear on the biscuit from shooting extreme helical...but nothing on the vanes. My only gripe about shooting a biscuit, is that it will smear your arrow wraps a little, but that's pretty much a non-issue. Bohning now makes a Heat vane, which is a little longer and has a shorter profile....I've started using these with only a slight right helical, and the results have been outstanding! Don't hesitate to shoot the whisker biscuit...easy to setup & tune, rock solid rest, and FULL arrow containment that is ideal in most any hunting situation. Good luck to you!

29-Aug-19
I shoot 4 fletch Blazer with offset through a biscuit, never have to reflech because of biscuit wear.

29-Aug-19
I have Blazers with a helical and have shot hundreds of shots with the arrows and haven't had any issues with the vanes getting damaged.

29-Aug-19
Should not be an issue. Great, simple rest

29-Aug-19
I have shot the rest for approx 15 years and a number of types of fletching including blazers and max hunters. Not a single issue with 4", 5" vanes, blazers, or AAE Max Hunters. I'd say you're good to go.

29-Aug-19
My Wife has been shooting blazers through a Biscuit for 3 Years, never seen a bit of damage to fletching.

I shoot flex fletch (4 vanes offset). If anything, after a thousand shots or so, I have to replace the Biscuit insert, but the fletching is just fine.

29-Aug-19
I concur, no damage here. Zero, zip, nada

29-Aug-19
That's good news, I'm getting ready to set up a backup bow and I might just have to give the biscuit another try. I love a simple, no hassle killing machine.

29-Aug-19
Not to mention it`s whisper quiet....I still can`t get used to that mechanical "slap" of a drop away. It may be minor but it still drives me nuts.

29-Aug-19
Zero issues with my W-B in 10 or 15 years. I shoot a lot and just for the hell of it change the Biscuit every 2 years.. Going to a club that has a 3D shoot tonight. 6 to 8pm,, then food and refreshments 8 to 930.. My goal at these shoots is to hit 28 out of 30 in the kill zone. The ones I don't hit in the kill zone is not the fault of the rest. Ed

29-Aug-19
No issues on my bows either.

29-Aug-19
I too have been looking at possibly changing from a drop-away to a biscuit. I have been shooting 4-fletch for many years. I like the control the offer for BH's. My question, will a biscuit shoot 4-fletch or would I need to redo arrows for a 3-fletch?

29-Aug-19
I've shot thousands of arrows through mine and never had to refletch because of it.

29-Aug-19
"My question, will a biscuit shoot 4-fletch or would I need to redo arrows for a 3-fletch"?

Been shooting 4 fletch for Years with a biscuit. Just make sure your arrows are configured, so the fletches with the widest span between them, are split outside of the "black" zone on the bottom of the biscuit.

29-Aug-19

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo

29-Aug-19
Using a biscuit since they can out.The "Bumble Bee" of rests....it just works

29-Aug-19
Never had an issue with vane damage. Very simple effective hunting rest.

29-Aug-19
Three fetch and four fletch. No problem. Not sure why everyone doesn’t shoot them in hunting situations....

I’m guessing I usually get 5000 shots through mine before replacing because of bristle breakage... though with 5% bristle breakage I probably could should another 5000

29-Aug-19
I posted on the other thread...I use and like VaneTec X 3" vanes and a whisker biscuit waved the vanes pretty bad without heavy shooting. I really like the VaneTec's and finally switched to a QAD HDX to keep using them, but now that I've shot the HDX awhile, next year I'll probably go back to a WB and start using Blazer vanes based on what everyone here is saying.

29-Aug-19
I shot a biscuit for a few years but it was not for me. Simple yes and effective yes. But I don’t have perfect form and I noticed some issue with broadhead flight. Went to an hdx and those issues went away.

30-Aug-19
I've had to replace the biscuit portion of the rest but never my fletchings.

14-Nov-19
Love my WB! Simply the most reliable rest period. That's the determining factor that allows me to say it's also the best rest too.....

14-Nov-19
I held out for years when my buddies were ranting about them when they came out........ Now I wouldn’t think of using anything else.

15-Nov-19
When somthing touches your vanes/arrow it effects accuratace I don’t care what you guys say, plenty of dlo mo videos to prove it. Go hamskea!

15-Nov-19
Im not a fan, mostly because they are so ugly and i've never had a issue with my qad hdx's

15-Nov-19
How would they do with feathers?

16-Nov-19
I've shot WB for many years, with all varieties of fletching and shaft materials. Love them.

Only fletching wear I've noticed was to feathers, and that was mostly cosmetic, as they would become fuzzy after a number of shots, but it didn't seem to affect the point of aim or accuracy out to 40 yards, which is my usual practice distance.

Even shot a few homemade flu-flu's through the WB just to see what the result would be, and was surprised to find no effect on flight or visible damage to either the biscuit or the fletching after a dozen or so shots.

There's been one on every one of my bows since the first one I tried, which was back when they were pretty new on the market. I enjoy tinkering with stuff and experimenting, but would rather it was out of curiosity than necessity. The WB has given me much more time to mess with everything else.

16-Nov-19
The biscuit wears out before the fletching unless you shoot feathers with helical.

17-Nov-19
What's the best biscuit rest?

18-Nov-19
A little ware on the biscuit isn't a bad thing. You gain back 1-2 fps if the 3 you supposedly lose in the first place......

• Sitka Gear