SaddleReaper 03-Sep-19
NEWYORKHILLBILLY 03-Sep-19
Sivart 03-Sep-19
SaddleReaper 04-Sep-19
NEWYORKHILLBILLY 06-Sep-19
29-Aug-19
anyone running these? i looking at these and the kuiu pro

29-Aug-19
There is a long thread on them. But I will let you do the searching!

29-Aug-19
Don't have one, but have a Kuiu Pro, and it functions as intended through a few uses. Slight upgrade from my AGC.

29-Aug-19
I was just looking looks like there sold out of non camo on kuiu .

29-Aug-19

JohnMC's Link
Here you go.

29-Aug-19
I really like my Adak bino harness... the kuiu one is nice as well.

29-Aug-19
After hours of research I think i going to pass on the camo fire adak deal. they don't have dwr for 2019 but the 2018 and 2020 models do. no one seems to know why the 2019 models it was not used. I think the Kuiu pro might be the one for me.But they will not be back in stock until after archery season.

29-Aug-19
What is dwr? I have an adack and it’s pretty slick, the range finder case is a nice addition.

30-Aug-19
Dear is durable water repellant.

30-Aug-19
Outdoor vision man. You’ll be happy

30-Aug-19
I spent a lot of time researching and reading reviews before I pulled the trigger on an ADAK off camofire. I had narrowed my choices to an OV or ADAK, bought the ADAK then coincidentally KUIU launched their pro a week after I received it. I played around with the ADAK for a little bit and right away it seemed painfully obvious there were a few missed opportunities.

1) no moldable structure around the bino hinge (then as if KUIU read my mind they introduced it to the market) This seems like such a no-brainer its baffling to me.

2) no accessory pockets large enough to hold anything besides a wind checker.

3) The "windchecker" elastic pockets on the ADAK just seemed too small...I'm not sure why they weren't made just .5-1" taller..

4) The material used on the ADAK is nice, but not waterproof? Why bother with a soft shell like material if it isn't at least DWR treated??

5) Personally I was not a fan of the large ridgid lid - although I suspect one could form/ bend it much like a hat brim to reduce its noticeable size, but there was still a rather large aluminum tube running the length of the lid.

The ADAK was nice considering most of the other market offerings, but the KUIU Pro just seemed to perfectly address every design "shortcoming" of the ADAK, so I ordered one. After setting up the new KUIU this was quickly confirmed... its a winner.

Thats my .02

30-Aug-19
SaddleReaper

did you get a range finder case to ad to the Kuiu pro? Just wondering how that set up works? I was looking at them but they only have camo and i was planning on the ash bino case . also sold out of range finder Lanyard.

Now i got to decide to go without this September or just pick up the ADAK I really like the looks of that KUIU pro.

30-Aug-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Hillbilly, you can add the rangefinder case to the Kuiu bino harness, it works slick. You can see in the pic the setup. This is the old style harness but the new harness can be setup the same way.

30-Aug-19
NY hill billy,

Where are you from in NY? I didn't get a range finder pouch bc I coulda swore I saw ash offered a while back, then all the sudden the only color offerings were Vias and Verde.... not that matching matters a ton, but I really don't need the range finder pouch so if i do get it, im willing to wait until they stock it in ash.

They do sell out insanely fast, I suspect this helps drive sales. I mean, it worked on me.... ya gotta set up an email reminder for when it comes back into stock off back order, then ya gotta rush to buy. I bought hours after the notification came through of the second stocking shipment... got my ash size L. they were sold out a few days later.

I bought and returned my adak, but its not a bad harness... I might consider the OV if i had to pick another besides the kuiu - although ive never laid hands on an OV.

30-Aug-19
I bought the OV rangefinder case. I like it, other than the material is too loud for me. The Kuiu rangefinder case is not one hand operation, IMO. That's the only thing I wish they would update.

31-Aug-19
Used the Adak on my recent sheep hunt and really liked it besides the miles of straps on this skinny guy.

31-Aug-19
SaddleReaper I in Naples ny on Canandaigua lake . I did get signed up for email alert. I thinking the ash is what i want. But would take a verde I did call them and they will be more in 3 weeks,but thats to late for my hunt. I heading west september 12th .I asked about the ash range finder case but there is no planes to make any other than the Vias and Verde I think i like there range finder case withe the kuiu pro harness. One thing is bothering me about the adak is the 1018 had DWR and the 2020 will have dwr But the current model does not. I call black orvis and they don't know why. I keep looking in classifieds for the kui pro, I just missed one on Archerytalk by a hour.right now i have just a harness and my trip is less than 2 weeks. Slvart I looking for the quiet one had rangefinder case also. although I have not see it in Pearson i like the looks of the Adak rangefinder case

31-Aug-19
for those of you that have the ADAK do you know if a nikon riffle hunter rang finder fits? Its longer than some it s5" long 3" wide. I did find out it will not fit into the Kuiu RF case because its to long

01-Sep-19
X2 on the Outdoor Vision.

02-Sep-19
X3 Outdoor Vision

02-Sep-19
Where are the magnets on those OV bino harnesses? I've never seen magnets that were "silent" despite what mfrs and owners claim. This was the problem with the Badlands harness. Might be fine for rifle hunting but close-range bow-hunting--no way. Looks like a nice harness but the magnets leaves me skeptical. Also, $45 for a RF case????

02-Sep-19
Dave, the badlands is easily managed esp bc it is a long magnet band compared to a disc. All it takes is a little finesse with BL, it’s not as easy to finesse small strong magnets.

NewYork, I have the sig kilo and there is lots of room to spare. The lid has room plus it is elastic.

03-Sep-19
NYhillbilly no kidding... I work in bloomfield and often head to canandaigua for lunch etc. Even though you're probably not going to be able to get a KUIU in time for your hunt, if you want to check it out before you buy, let me know.

03-Sep-19
saddlereaper small world . I would have loved to look at your before i bought .But i did find one Kuiu pro and should have it here friday . still not sure witch range finder case is going to work ,I ordered the Kuiu and the outdoor vision. I like to find someone that has the ADAK that does not use the range finder case and is willing to sell it.

03-Sep-19
Dito, I'd gladly buy the Adak rangefinder pouch from someone who is willing

04-Sep-19
You wont regret that purchase... but I'll be interested to hear how it stacks up against the OV! The ADAK rangefinder case was about perfect near as I could tell... but the velcro attachment may not work/ hold as tightly on other brand harnesses with smaller straps.

06-Sep-19
Got the kuiu pro. I think this is the one for me. because the my range finder is a little bigger than the new ones it would not fit in the Kuiu rangefinder case. I ended up pairing it with the OV rangefinder case . it fit very tightly over the buckle of the Kuiu pro. this turned out to be a good thing as it does not move at all. I think i going to be pleased with this set up. Of course i have to wait until i spend some time in the field.

• Sitka Gear