JSW 29-Aug-19
Buglmin 29-Aug-19
cnelk 29-Aug-19
TEXASWOODS5 29-Aug-19
SBH 30-Aug-19
ahunter76 30-Aug-19
fubar racin 30-Aug-19
29-Aug-19
Just wondering how many people went for the reduced price bear tag? In Colorado that is

29-Aug-19
Unfortunately there is not more DOW it is now CPW.

29-Aug-19
Sorry. Force of habit.

29-Aug-19
I miss the DOW.... wife has a bear tag for archery I have a concurrent rifle tag. I think both of em cost about a hundo

29-Aug-19
Mine was $49.75

29-Aug-19
Same here......

29-Aug-19
Sold out for my unit by the time I got off of my butt...

29-Aug-19
I got two for the price of a non resident one

29-Aug-19
Yep, they suckered me in. I've seen some nice bears while bowhunting elk, but never had any in range. I guess I've guaranteed that they will stay away from me this year.

29-Aug-19
Yep. But I saw 4 bears this summer where I hunt. The lower price did the rest

29-Aug-19
No better way to keep a bear out of elk camp than to have a bear tag

29-Aug-19
Yes, but... Since they screwed over the NR by not allowing an annual fishing license to qualify you to apply for preference points, theoretically, the bear tag only cost me $10. An annual fishing license is $90 and a $100 bear tag comes with a NR fishing license, hence the $10 bear tag. I've been getting an annual fishing license every year since they made us purchase either an annual small game or annual fishing license to qualify for NR preference points. Now the dirty bastards make me buy a small game license, which I will never use AND an annual fishing license, which I use all summer long. I will take advantage of the $10 tag and hunt bears this year since I didn't get an elk tag anywhere. Colorado has way too many bears and we all need to do our part. Been doing some scouting and seeing plenty of bear sign. Finding a big one is not so easy. FYI, fall bear meat tastes pretty good too.

29-Aug-19
What bear tag did you buy? The one I bought was for first rifle. And it is only good if I have a big game tag ( I have an elk tag). I know there are stand alone bear tags as well but want to be sure you know that some are not

29-Aug-19
Bear tags during the rifle seasons are called 'concurrent rifle'. The others are called OTC with Caps or Draw [Limited]

29-Aug-19
I haven’t yet. But I will next week

29-Aug-19
Gonna try and break a 30+ year run of bad luck with bears in Colorado this year.

Have two bear tags and no deer or elk tag in Colorado... might be the year!

29-Aug-19
I drew a second choice any weapon tag, which I will bowhunt, Sept 2 - 30.

29-Aug-19
We've been running over 70 cameras the past three weeks, lots of lil small bears, nothing over 300 pounds. Kinda disappointing. No acorns or choke cherries in most places. Other place is loaded with acorns, but hardly any bears on cameras. Probably won't shoot another bear this year unless I can find a bigger one. DOW officers are wondering how many guys will be shooting young sows with cubs this year or very small yearling bear.

29-Aug-19
Small bears kill calves and fawns too.

29-Aug-19
I picked up one and my son and I are leaving next Thursday. Can't wait!!

30-Aug-19
What cnelk said!

Help the elk herd out, kill a bear regardless of size. Since you guys got rid of spring bear.....cant imagine. Good luck!

30-Aug-19
friend on his 3rd trip for Elk bought one. He's had Bears close enough to shoot on both his past hunts

30-Aug-19
I’m actually even considering taking up just bear hunting skipping out on elk for awhile.

• Sitka Gear