Timbrhuntr 07-Sep-19
ahunter76 07-Sep-19
Coop 07-Sep-19
Coop 07-Sep-19
Timbrhuntr 08-Sep-19
Timbrhuntr 08-Sep-19
JL 08-Sep-19
30-Aug-19
I've been Antelope hunting 3 times in Aug. & since my knees are shot I just waterhole hunt. I am going mid Sept & again water hole. My son & 2 friends will be doing S & S + waterhole. IF it's dry, what can I expect being on a waterhole for activity since they should be rutting? I will be in Eastern Wy.. Thanks

30-Aug-19
The same thing you can expect in August. Antelope will get thirsty if it's dry. Maybe even more so for mature bucks as they will expend much more energy and presumably need more water due to chasing off other bucks, etc.

30-Aug-19
You can expect them to drink

30-Aug-19
September makes for great antelope hunting. As mentioned above I also believe the rut will make them possibly more likely to utilize a water hole, as they chase like crazy. I've seen bucks run off rivals an incredible distance, and then trot all the way back to their does. I think you will have a great time.

30-Aug-19
No other time I'd rather be there than late September. Cooler weather and rutting lopes.

30-Aug-19
Good luck

30-Aug-19
bring a decoy. I hunt Gillette wy that time also. they go crazy for the decoy

30-Aug-19
You can expect to see some chasing. if there anytime of year where a decoy will help it be September.I prefer small waterholes where they have to be with in range to get a drink.

30-Aug-19
Second to third week of September is always my favorite time !

30-Aug-19
I haven't hunted lopes in Sept because I am usually elk hunting. However I been told be others with way more experience that work rather hunt mid September then any other time. Good luck

30-Aug-19
thanks everyone. I think Boubound helped me the most. I know its going to be good regardless.

30-Aug-19
Love late September

06-Sep-19
This will be my first September antelope hunt. unfortunately i did not draw any deer or elk tags this year. witch left my September open. I am really excited to hunt these in the rut with decoys . Its something i always wanted to do. I will see you out there ahunter76

06-Sep-19
I'll be out in Eastern WY in exactly 2 weeks. My decoy showed up in the mail yesterday. I opened it up to shoot some with it attached to my bow. I'm glad it'll fit in my suitcase without being folded back up, because there is no way I can figure that out. I tried, my wife said it looked like I was practicing karate trying to do it. It just ain't happening.

06-Sep-19

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I'm ready NYhillbilly. My kid is "really" getting pumped.

06-Sep-19
Can’t wait,15 more days, 2 tags on my pocket

07-Sep-19
Good luck skull ! 2 tags nice I'm leaving in 6 days 1 antelope and 2 mulie tags and a month to hunt :) Hoping my bow doesn't blow up on me like last year lol On the September thing my buddy keeps telling around the 20th is usually pretty good.

07-Sep-19
Thanks Timbrhuntr, I finally got a nice private property in Jordan Montana, and my usual private spot in Newcastle Wyoming , Good Luck to you and everyone

07-Sep-19

NEWYORKHILLBILLY's embedded Photo
Ahunter76 you ready for fried rattle snake . I bring some hooters wing sauce for them .

07-Sep-19
Good for you skull you'll be about 200 miles north of me !

07-Sep-19
Snakes I do not need to even see.

07-Sep-19

Coop's embedded Photo
Coop's embedded Photo
Windmill over water. Bears can't count and antelope do not look up.

07-Sep-19
Oops wrong photo. Still applies.

08-Sep-19
I've been going out to Montana near the Wyoming border for about 5 years and haven't seen a snake yet !

08-Sep-19
Are you saying you climb the windmill and hunt from it ?

08-Sep-19
Good luck Pasquale....I'll be out in MT next month.

• Sitka Gear