Boris 14-Sep-19
Ambush 14-Sep-19
TexasBuck 14-Sep-19
Tall 1 15-Sep-19
Ambush 15-Sep-19
Tall 1 15-Sep-19
Brun 17-Sep-19
01-Sep-19
My arrows seem to be shooting lower at 50+ yards with these nocks. Anyone else experience this?

01-Sep-19
I have noticed the same the last few years and have had to adjust my 50 and 60 yd pins.

01-Sep-19
I have not noticed until 80 but it is real for whatever reason

01-Sep-19
Adjusting my pins for the lower impact doesn’t bother me but the fact that I can’t keep the dang things from breaking constantly does. Once I’m out of the ones I have I’m going back to non lighted

01-Sep-19
Thanks guys

01-Sep-19
There's a huge weight difference with lighted nocks vs. Regular nocks. And all that weight difference is all on the back end

01-Sep-19

01-Sep-19
Takes a little work to get the weight right, but you can add a short length of 12 or 14ga insulated wire inside your standard nocks with a drop of super glue to "weight-match" them to your nocturnals. A small balance or scale that measures in grains will help immensely. Cheaper than shooting your nocturnals all the time for practice! Pete

01-Sep-19
I found wraps with regular nocks on the back end of my arrows are the same weight as no wraps and a nocturnal. My practice arrows have wraps and I mix in a dead nocturnal arrow. POI is always the same out to 80 yards for me.

Best of luck

14-Sep-19
POI shift due to weight of Nockturnals vs standard nocks is probably not your main issue. What you may be experiencing is that the Nockturnal nocks fit tighter on your string/serving and therefore have a more restricted release from the string which could explain why they are shooting lower. You may not notice it as much at shorter ranges but may get magnified on longer range shots. I have two bows and shoot three types of arrows out to 70 yards with Nockturnal X (FMJs), S (Bowfire), and G (Pierce Platinum) sizes and they all behave differently based on nock fit. X Nockturnals fit about the same as standard X nocks and they all group well out to 70 ( not saying tight groups at 70.... paper plate diameter for me!). G Nockturnals on the other hand are a much tighter fit and shoot noticeably lower than my standard G nocks. S Nockturnals seem to actually fit looser than standard S nocks, but I haven't shot them together enough yet to see how they actually group. My solution to all of this is to buy an extra pack of Nockturnals for practice arrows and sight in to those. I still shoot some practice arrows with standard nocks, but I don't really worry about grouping differences between nock types. As long as Nockturnals group together, I'm good to go.

14-Sep-19
By the way, the little $6 tool they sell now for Nockturnals helps preserve your battery life when practicing with them. Much easier to turn off between shots!!

14-Sep-19
I was having the same problem. At 20 yards the arrow was shooting about 4-5 inches low and to the left. Oh, that is with a broadhead on. With standard nocks and field points dead on. Chatted with the shop owner, he's not had that problem. He told me to try sighting it in with broadheads and the lighted nocks. Did that everything is shooting great. I then set-up an arrow with a field point and regular nock. That arrow shoots 4-5 inches low an to the right. He also suggested that I try a small washer behind the broadhead. I figure I have 6 arrows, a 5 arrow quiver. One can be used for practice.

14-Sep-19
All nocks should be test fitted on your string. If the nocks are too tight, I use 400# grit sandpaper on a thin metal strip to open them up a bit. Takes a dozen minutes to fit a dozen new shafts.

14-Sep-19
Ambush.... that's a great tip....!! Thanks...!!

15-Sep-19
Ambush...will this also prevent the neck from lighting when seated on the string? When I fully seat my Nocturnal necks they light up on the bow, which obviously is not what I want plus it will kill the batteries after 2 hunts. Any advice is appreciated.

15-Sep-19
Tall1, if you have to push that hard the nock lights when it snaps in, then you should definitely sand some out.

A nail file, strip of tin, or hard plastic. Anything that you can wrap #400 grit sandpaper on will work. Fold enough layers to fit just snug in the nock. Check every four or five strokes until you get the feel. I do all my nocks. It’s an easy and free step.

15-Sep-19
Ok perfect Ambush. Thank you for the great tip, I'll do it! Good luck this season!

17-Sep-19
Nocturnal makes practice nocks that don't light up but weigh the same as the real ones. I bought a few, they're very cheap, weighed them and they were the same as the lighted ones. I practiced all , summer with the non lighted ones and have no issues out to 50, which is as far as I'll shoot at an elk. I made some shots with the lighted ones and broadheads and everything flew fine. I think this is easier than trying to match the weight on your own

• Sitka Gear