jordanathome 10-Sep-19
grossklw 10-Sep-19
arlone 10-Sep-19
Irishman 10-Sep-19
jordanathome 10-Sep-19
01-Sep-19

Jordanathome's embedded Photo
Had a 5x5 cruise by at 50 yards Saturday night at 6:30 but could not get him to stop where I had a shot with my calf call. Hopefully find him again.

01-Sep-19

01-Sep-19

01-Sep-19
That second pic is money! Good luck out there.

01-Sep-19
Get ‘em Jordan!

01-Sep-19
Hoping you’re successful Jordan. Looks like a peaceful place to be.

—Mitch

03-Sep-19
Nice set-up jah, looks comfy and dry.

Good luck, Robb

03-Sep-19
Good luck!

03-Sep-19
I have the same tent. That thing is all but bomb proof. In one storm we were in, we had a large branch bounce off of it without doing any damage. Actually, I have two of them. My original, same style as yours, started having zipper issues and I had extra people going with me a few years back so I bought a second one. Of course I had a guy work on the zipper and they had no trouble with it. My newer version (2013 I believe) has a straight line zipper which is a much better design. However, I sure wish it had an easy to attach vestibule. I always rig up a porch so that we can get in and out during a rain storm without getting water in the tent.

03-Sep-19
Best of luck.

03-Sep-19

I have not seen an elk since Saturday evening. Good sign herevand there. Labor Day traffic up here was insane. Glad to see a bunch of roads closed with signage that were closed years ago but no one obeyed without signs. Rain and cooler temps coming Thursday.

03-Sep-19
This is your year Jordanathome! or is it Jordaninelkcamp?

03-Sep-19
Good luck Jordan!

03-Sep-19
No tag soup for you this year.. Make it happen. Be aggressive . My philosophy is run them off or kill them. I prefer to kill them . Hunt

03-Sep-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
No more rocks in my back, freezing cold or sweaty nights in a tent. When I was young camp was where ever I threw my sleeping bag on the ground at night. No more At 70 I like a shower every night and a comfortable bed.

04-Sep-19
Thanks for taking us along on your hunt. Keep us posted with lots of pictures. This is your year!! Make it happen!

05-Sep-19
My buddy shot a nice bull just after sitting down this morning. 15 mins later I had one coming to soft cow calls. He came through at 30 yards with a small window. Arrow deflected and I killed a tree. Going after my buddies bull this afternoon. Bumped it after giving it an hour and a half so marked last blood and backed out.

05-Sep-19

05-Sep-19
Good luck finding that bull, Jordan.

Things are heating up...

05-Sep-19
Good luck Jordan I had the same happen to me Sunday morning bounce back and go fill that tag man! Also good luck finding your buddies bull gets a little dicey after bumping them.

05-Sep-19
Bummer on both accounts. If he was still alive hour later I would give it 8 hours and be tracking with a arrow nocked and creeping . Bino every 20-30 yards . Good luck. Hunt

05-Sep-19
Good luck Boss!!

06-Sep-19
What Hunt said. Creeping! Don’t take more than 5 steps without glassing every hole in the timber for one eyeball or antler tine. Good luck.

06-Sep-19
Hoping to read some good news this morning. Good luck on your hunt and finding your buddy"s bull.

06-Sep-19

Spoiler, my tag is unfilled and I am glad. We found Dave's bull 9 hours after he shot it, barely able to move his head. My buddy finished him off. He had broken a rear leg at some point and that rear quarter is a bloody mess. I can't imagine if we had 2 bulls to pull out of that hole at the same time. I have a few more chances.

06-Sep-19
Heck yea! Now go get you one Jordan!

06-Sep-19
Congrats to your friend. Good luck to you Jordan.

06-Sep-19
Great news. Hopefully a couple of celebratory beers are in order, then time to get your tag filled!!

09-Sep-19

jordanathome's embedded Photo
jordanathome's embedded Photo
My buddy said his bull green scored 270" Not bad for 34. I guessed him at 240 but what do I know.........

10-Sep-19
I’d guess that you’re closer Jordan. Congratulations on finding that bull. Hate to see him suffer but in this warm weather you guys would likely have lost all of the meat if he had died 8 or 9 hours earlier. So there’s a silver lining to the story.

10-Sep-19
He was alive when we found him but just barely. He had broken his left rear leg at some point making that quarter a bloody mess. My buddy was able to put a finishing shot in the bull which promptly flipped over, groaned, and died. That was 10 hours after the initial shot. Tough bastards these elk.

10-Sep-19
Jordan glad you found him, and the meat was salvaged. I agree with Mule Power on your score guess, your buddy likely needs a new tape...

10-Sep-19
Curious, as to where the first arrow hit? Good for you guys on a successful tracking job!! Congratulations to your Buddy, waiting to see your pictures!

10-Sep-19
270, 240 who cares? Nice job on getting the elk. Nice photo too.

10-Sep-19
It is funny, while we watched him via bino initially when we found him on his bed I thought I could see the first arrow protruding from his left side where it entered....just the fletching. The blood was really dark so I was thinking Liver shot. My buddy said he hit a little back and high but thought it was in the wheelhouse.

The shot was around 25 yards and the elk had no idea my buddy was there, but he had drawn when the elk went behind a tree.....then it lingered there for a long time before stepping out and offering the shot. I believe it was slightly quartered to my buddy on the shot. The elk had been feeding towards him along an open grassy knoll in deep timber.

When he put the finishing shot on the bull it tried to jump up but only succeeding in flipping itself over on its left side. We went to work on the right side and found that arrow which had passed through completely. That entry wound was apparent.

By the time we got to the right side we were starting to get a bit gassed, particularly since we had to drag the body uphill enough to flip it over to access the left side. We did gutless. Neither of us thought to look for the original entry point but instead went to work skinning and cutting meat. We never found the original arrow and assumed it was within the guts/cavity. We could have gone in after the heart, I did pull out the inner loins, but my buddy wasn't interested and it was his bull.

So we still don't know where the original shot entered but I think it was a liver shot. The blood dried up within 200 yards of the original shot and there was not a whole lot on the ground in his death bed. But he was mortally wounded and near death, barely able to move his head an inch or so, when we found him.

It was a learning experience for sure. Lots to process and ponder for future reference.

• Sitka Gear