Old School 02-Sep-19
Ucsdryder 02-Sep-19
Rut Nut 02-Sep-19
The last savage 02-Sep-19
Dstall 02-Sep-19
Glunt@work 02-Sep-19
altitude sick 03-Sep-19
01-Sep-19
Please PM me if you happen across a quiver full of arrows while hunting this year. My son took a spill and lost his. I can describe in full detail. :(

01-Sep-19
Must’ve been one hell of a tumble.... hope everybody is OK.

02-Sep-19
A tumble is when you bump your sight. If you lose your quiver and are in no condition to pick it up, or can’t remember to, that is a full fledged incapacitating wipe out

02-Sep-19
'bou for the win. Can't imagine losing it while falling. That was a certified wipeout.

02-Sep-19
I am guessing that's where it happened, it was a slip off a log coming down a steep section of trail, or it could have been the knee high grass field that grabbed it, not completely sure.

02-Sep-19
Haven't lost a quiver but I have gotten to my hunting spot without any arrows. Yes I now have a tight spot quiver.

02-Sep-19
Crossing some deadfall this weekend and the girlfriend list 4 arrows. I freaked out and yelled don’t move. Those little suckers were pointed in every direction. Could have been bad.

02-Sep-19
My hunting partner used to use a Kwikee quiver (garbage) and that happened to him as well.

02-Sep-19
I've knocked my quiver off moving through a bad blowdown.

I backtracked (maybe swearing under my breath a little) and scooped it back up.

It can happen.

A son embarrassed about a tumble, not realizing it and not wanting to fall behind dad... easy to see how it could happen. Now, if the son is 27 and not 15, maybe then bust his chops guys.

02-Sep-19
Thanks orionsbrother, he's 17, old enough to know to check equipment but we were moving with a purpose and he just didn't notice until we had traveled a bit of distance. Lesson learned.

We will buy a new quiver, and arrows and we will look in a couple weeks when we are back up there.

I probably made a mistake by giving it to him, but the arrow I shot my bull with is in there. I was hoping his first archery kill would come with it.

02-Sep-19
Hmmm, bad wipeout! I've lost arrows out of a quiver before, but not the whole quiver! LOL

02-Sep-19
What happens when you buy cheap equipment. Never 1 issue with my 150$ tightspot

02-Sep-19
That's what happens when you buy a quiver that is designed to come off easily, like a Kwike or a Tightspot.. 2 piece quivers that affix to the riser with bolts are a lot more fail safe.

02-Sep-19
Amen. Two piece bolt on. Go hunt

02-Sep-19
Man, man, lots of barn doors closed after the horse got out. Hope you find it with used arrow intact Lark.

02-Sep-19
Some lessons are hard-learned Tom. I don’t know that making it harder improves the learning curve.

If your son has read this thread, you may want to let your son know that quite a few of the guys taking a tough line here may or may not have made some sort of mistake in their life, dropped, lost or broke something.

He probably feels pretty bad for losing your arrow. I have a few that are younger than yours and know how they’d feel. I suspect he’s learned whatever lesson that could be learned.

Let him know that he will have lots of hunts where he’ll have the opportunity to redeem himself. Maybe by being the pack mule.

I was heading up for a hunt in Northern Wisconsin with a buddy and we were talking about the crappy weather that was forecast and discussing camp locations... which prompted a call to my wife. “Uuuummmm... Hey babe. Uuuh... Is there a tent lying on the bench next to the door in the breezeway?”

You know the answer to that question.

I wasn’t seventeen.

02-Sep-19
Losing a quick release quiver full of arrows it easy, too easy. I've had to retrace my steps to find mine. My son lost his while looking for mountain goats. I've taken a release off to gut out an elk and lost it. I've left a bugle and cow calls behind sitting on the ground. My son has lost a rangefinder and a GPS. I now try to remember when I've stopped for a break, and get up again, to look all around where I was sitting in case I left something. I've also found bugles, cow elk calls, camo shirts, knives that others have gone off and forgotten about. When you are hunting different places every day and hiking all over, the chances of you finding something that you have lost are slim.

02-Sep-19
I think what Irishman said is pretty typical especially if you have bowhunted a lot with your kids. Small price to pay in my opinion......badbull

02-Sep-19
Hope you’re able to go back and find it Lark. Or better yet, maybe you’ll stumble upon it while packing out a bull :-)

-Mitch

02-Sep-19
I think my dad could have put me through school with all the stuff I lost and broke!!!

02-Sep-19
Yeah, amazing how many MR. PERFECTS are on this thread! ;-)

Hope you find it Lark!

02-Sep-19
Who are you kidding rut nut? almost EVERY Thread....

02-Sep-19
Ohio what a responsible gun owner you are hahahhah. Why wasn’t it in a holster on your person?

02-Sep-19
I was tagged out on an elk hunt but had a bear tag. My buddy had an elk tag still. We went in about a mile and played with a bull all evening but it didn't work out. When we got back to the truck I realized my longbow was still leaned up against a tree where I was calling.

03-Sep-19
Big deal, some lost arrows and quiver. It will make for a good story years from now. And you will look back and wish he was hunting with you even if he lost something on every hunt.

• Sitka Gear