bohuntr 04-Sep-19
Rgiesey 04-Sep-19
t-roy 04-Sep-19
02-Sep-19

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
RJ and Nolan
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
RJ and Nolan
Mike turner and put in for antelope tags in Wyoming where I live. He planned to come out around the 15th to hunt and mentioned that he could bring my 11 yr old grandson, RJ. Mikes summer had turned hectic and he wasn’t sure how his schedule was going to turn out. At the last minute all three of my grandsons were free to come out for more than a week and Mike offered to spend 21 hours in a pickup with 3 little boys. Big favor ! Mike and I and RJ, and Nolan,10 went down on the 16th to set up camp. I had set up a couple blinds on a couple of the smaller waterholes. The prairie had turned into more of a marsh this summer with our record rainfall. Antelope were in sight everywhere, just not thirsty. RJ and I sat together and Mike and Nolan hunted in a different spot. The boys thought it was great and Nolan took pictures of Mike sleeping and sent texts out, great fun! Saturday evening I looked up the hill and here came a nice buck like he was thirsty. RJ got the rangefinder and from 110 yds to 33 I got a reading every couple of seconds. Thankfully I made a good shot and he was down within 100 yds. The blind exploded with 2 equally excited boys. And my take is that was one of my best hunts of my life. That was the only lope that watered in four days. Thanks again Mike! And for the record, you’re up for the next shot.

02-Sep-19

Rgiesey's embedded Photo
RJ and Nolan
Rgiesey's embedded Photo
RJ and Nolan
Mike turner and put in for antelope tags in Wyoming where I live. He planned to come out around the 15th to hunt and mentioned that he could bring my 11 yr old grandson, RJ. Mikes summer had turned hectic and he wasn’t sure how his schedule was going to turn out. At the last minute all three of my grandsons were free to come out for more than a week and Mike offered to spend 21 hours in a pickup with 3 little boys. Big favor ! Mike and I and RJ, and Nolan,10 went down on the 16th to set up camp. I had set up a couple blinds on a couple of the smaller waterholes. The prairie had turned into more of a marsh this summer with our record rainfall. Antelope were in sight everywhere, just not thirsty. RJ and I sat together and Mike and Nolan hunted in a different spot. The boys thought it was great and Nolan took pictures of Mike sleeping and sent texts out, great fun! Saturday evening I looked up the hill and here came a nice buck like he was thirsty. RJ got the rangefinder and from 110 yds to 33 I got a reading every couple of seconds. Thankfully I made a good shot and he was down within 100 yds. The blind exploded with 2 equally excited boys. And my take is that was one of my best hunts of my life. That was the only lope that watered in four days. Thanks again Mike! And for the record, you’re up for the next shot.

02-Sep-19
Good stuff Randy!! Congrats!

02-Sep-19
Congrats Sir !

02-Sep-19
Congratulations

02-Sep-19
Ya man! That’s the ticket! Great post! Congrats

02-Sep-19
That's what it's all about. The smiles are priceless!

02-Sep-19
Now that’s hunting !!

02-Sep-19
Awesome! Doesn’t get much better! Congrats!

02-Sep-19
Great hunt, story and picture! Congratulations Randy!

02-Sep-19
Awesome!

02-Sep-19
Fantastic! I hope to take kids hunting goats in Wyoming myself someday! I'll hit you up for pointers! Those guys look like they were happy in the bilnd!

02-Sep-19
Great photo of the grandkids! Nice buck with a Predator recurve too. Congratulations!

03-Sep-19
Well done!

Congrats

Robb

03-Sep-19
Good stuff!

03-Sep-19
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!

03-Sep-19
Very good! Congrats!

03-Sep-19
Great & great. Everyone had & was in on the excitement + a memory never to be forgotten. I started taking my son at age 3 & now he is an accomplished bowhunter & we will be in Wy in 10 days sharing another bowhunt together. His 1st my 4th. OH & that is a photo worth framing. Congratulations in so many ways.

03-Sep-19
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

03-Sep-19
Awesome job everybody!

03-Sep-19
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

04-Sep-19
Next shot huh......? Man I better make it a big hunt, like sheep or goats!!! The boys were fun to have along, I was thinking Nolan would bring me good luck. Watching the boys running around and wanting to shoot every frog, grasshopper and rabbit took me back in time when I was young and enthusiastic to hunt anything!!! Great kids and a great way to get them into hunting.

04-Sep-19
Great buck! Congrats on a hunt you will remember forever.

04-Sep-19
Congrats good stuff!

04-Sep-19
That’s pretty cool!!

04-Sep-19
Very cool, congratulations!

04-Sep-19
Mike and I took my youngest son Lucas to the bighorns elk hunting when he was 10. He could hang with us then and caught the bug.

04-Sep-19
Very cool. Congrats!

• Sitka Gear