'Ike' 11-Sep-19
HUNT MAN 11-Sep-19
Twinetickler 12-Sep-19
Stick & String 12-Sep-19
Hancock West 16-Sep-19
yooper89 16-Sep-19
longspeak74 16-Sep-19
03-Sep-19
Maybe I missed it but haven't seen one of these started yet. Heading out for several weeks in the Colorado backcountry and just curious if anyone has had em talking much yet anywhere!? Let's gooo! Good luck everyone

03-Sep-19
First weekend in the last 4 that I haven’t heard a bugle. I did talk back and forth with a cow which doesn’t happen often.

03-Sep-19
Heard bugles in 2 different OTC units this weekend at night.

03-Sep-19
Had bulls screaming their heads of this weekend and the cows are usually talking if they are up on their feet

03-Sep-19
No bugles this past week in Utah

03-Sep-19
Had a bull real fired up, screaming and coming into cow calls at 2pm opening day in western CO. He seemed to already be with a few cows as well. Very surprising to me.

03-Sep-19
In Colorado this weekend, only elk noise I heard was from a few Doug Fluties. Gotta love those primos external reed tubes that sound like a flute. ;)

03-Sep-19
Opening morning at daylight, a bull and I went back and forth 3-4 times in OTC - I only had a cow tag

03-Sep-19
Three bulls talking Saturday. One bull Sunday that went crazy 11:00 am Sunday

03-Sep-19
not a peep in 34. Saw a 5x5 1st night at 6:30 but he gave no shot cruising through. didnt give a hoot about my calf call.

03-Sep-19
bugled hard Friday night into Saturday morning till about 7AM. OTC unit in Colorado. Not a peep after that.

03-Sep-19
Northern CO we had zero bugles, zero hunter bugles, zero cow calls. Only saw a couple elk. Hot and dry making for noisy walking.

Only excitement was stepping out of the cabin at midnight to say hello to a bear and a cow and calf moose lounging at the pond one afternoon.

03-Sep-19
Heard two bulls Monday morning.

03-Sep-19
Filled my Wyoming cow tag this morning because the 300 ish herd bull couldn’t keep quiet. 3-4 going this morning, central hunt area.

03-Sep-19

Stick & String's Link
Had a great weekend chasing elk in my home state of CO. At sun up on Saturday we got two bulls bugling. We followed the sound, found them, and discovered they had about 50 cows. I had a shouting match with the bulls but with so many cows, they weren't about to come in. We followed the herd for a couple of miles and were careful not to spook them. Then something amazing happened. The cows just went nuts! They were all mewing at once and so loud you wouldn't believe. Some of them actually sounded like bugles. Very cool. There were about 6 bulls in the herd and they were bugling too. We let them all bed down and just waited about 150 yards away. It was about noon and the bulls were still bugling. Then we heard a sound behind us and here came a small 5x4. My buddy Eric shot and made a great 40 yard shot. The bull only went about 30 yards. Awesome! If someone can tell me how to download it from a text, I'll post it here. Going back out this weekend for 4-1/2 days. Good luck to everyone.

04-Sep-19
I had a couple of Bulls bugling On Friday night in my home state of Michigan. To bad that was the end of the first week of season. Second part of season starts up on September 13th, I'm anxiously waiting.

04-Sep-19
any bugles heard near Gunnison yet?

04-Sep-19
Congrats to you guys stick, sounds like a fun time.

04-Sep-19
Hey Matt, that does sound like one heck of an experience, congrats on the bull too!

Bugling seems pretty slow out this way, it's only a matter of time! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

04-Sep-19

Stick & String's Link
Thanks Paul. I tried some of your tactics but with 50 cows to compete with, didn't have much luck. Maybe they will be broken up a little more this weekend.

04-Sep-19

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Had elk try and run me over last night in my tent. Heard my first two bugles this morning.

05-Sep-19
Had a bull fired up and chuckling opening morning in Central CO, pretty sure there were 2 other hunters chasing him as well. Then haven't heard a bugle since. It's hot out there!

05-Sep-19
They've been bugling at night the last three days here in the White Mountains of AZ.

05-Sep-19
Nothing hear in NC mountains.

05-Sep-19
Nothing heard in Kansas but a couple roadkill bulls happened over the weekend.

08-Sep-19
Any new bulge update? Head to Colorado next week

08-Sep-19
Been a lot of hot bugle action. Had a big one going nuts this morning. 3 hrs of steady bugle action by probably 8 bulls! But couldn't get my hunter a shot. Was a lot of fun! He loved it!

08-Sep-19
Not a peep from the elk in my unit....

08-Sep-19
Really hoping New Mexico Bulls are still screaming when I get there in a week or so...

08-Sep-19
4 bulls bulging last weekend in area I was in Oregon.

08-Sep-19
What is this bugling you guys speak of???

08-Sep-19
Looks like my bulls were bulging! Oops... 2 half bugles others full bugle and chuckle.

08-Sep-19
Just came back from NM unit 13. Bulls screaming early in the AM,4-5 AM. And late in the evening, end of shooting light. Been hot with temps in mid to upper 80’s in afternoon. Found one to play late in the AM yesterday, and killed him. A small 5x5. Good luck to all!

08-Sep-19
Heard a few bugles on labor day....sounded like a bigger bull chuckles you could kind of feel. I was close but never did get eyes on him...haven't heard one since. I know I'm still in elk..seeing cows and I can smell them, they just aren't talking. Routt county. Colorado.

08-Sep-19
Same here ^^^^^ didn`t hear a bugle until our last day after the storms. Way too hot and the blowdowns were terrible.

08-Sep-19
Quite a few bulls sounding off the past 4 days in southern Wyoming...2 of which were going nuts!

08-Sep-19
Bugling their a$$ of in north central Wyoming. My son and I both filled our tags this week and both bugled us in. 6x7 - me 6x6 - son

11-Sep-19
anymore bugles out west?

11-Sep-19
Have to be...

11-Sep-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Opening weekend in Montana for us was bugles most all day. But when you got in tight nobody wanted to play. Couple great encounters no shots fired.

12-Sep-19
We just got back from the Gunnison Basin in unit 67, things were pretty quiet. Raggys were pushing cows around but no mature bull activity. Anybody ever hunt 67 in the past? Shoot me a PM I would love to hear your experience. Headed back the last week hoping for my old man and I to add a pic to the meat pole! Good luck out there and stay safe!

12-Sep-19

Stick & String's Link
A lot slower the second weekend. Only heard a few bugles and they were headed the other way. No herds of cows either. We are hunting National Forest next to a big private ranch and we were told the animals got pushed onto private. May go back the last weekend of the season hoping guiding on the ranch pushes some of the animals back.

16-Sep-19
hoping those bulls will start talking. head to SW Colorado soon

16-Sep-19
Elk were quiet this weekend where I was hunting. A lot of pressure from other hunters so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Called in a silent 5pt at around 5:30p on Saturday to about 20 yards but couldn't get a shot off when we spooked each other.

16-Sep-19
Just back from SW Colorado...nothing all week.

• Sitka Gear