Scrappy 06-Sep-19
scott7030 06-Sep-19
standswittaknife 06-Sep-19
drycreek 06-Sep-19
KHNC 06-Sep-19
05-Sep-19

BGbasbhat's embedded Photo
BGbasbhat's embedded Photo
Have a premium bull tag here in AZ starting next week. Probably shot over 3,000 arrows since draw results in April....\ Shot 19 last night dead nuts, and shot 20 went waaayyy left...look down and this... 06 Tribute...my baby since it was born.....i'm gonna puke

05-Sep-19
Better now then in the woods. Treat yourself to a new bow. You don’t get a tag like that very often.

05-Sep-19
Look at the bright side - it didn’t take your head off!

Bummer. Kinda ups the cost of your season, but at least nobody can tell you that you don’t need a new bow!

05-Sep-19
Thanks guys. Appreciate the positivity. Funny my wife didn't know how to react and just figured I could fix it...I mean I am partial to duct tape, but told her probably wasn't a good idea. Have a Mathews Vertix being setup now....Dammit.

05-Sep-19

JTV's embedded Photo
JTV's embedded Photo
get Barnsdale Limbs, he can have 'em to you quick .... https://www.barnsdalearchery.com/ .... $175-200 for those limbs in Black which is what I put on my Allegiance

05-Sep-19
Thanks JTV, I couldn't remember that manufacturer's name, but remember checking him out a while back. I'll give them a call. I guess if nothing else I could just make it my backup bow.

05-Sep-19
You got this!

Go kill a great bull and report back!

Mark

05-Sep-19
Minor setback for a major comeback. Knock em dead in AZ!

05-Sep-19
It sucks but minor issue.. go get a new bow... when you get back from AZ, get limbs for the old one and make it your back up..

05-Sep-19
Just the exact reason that you can never have too many bows! :)

05-Sep-19
Blessing in disguise. Good luck!

05-Sep-19
Agreed, a blessing in disguise. I had a limb snap once as I was drawing back on a muley buck...much better to happen now. Get out there and crush one, good luck!

05-Sep-19
Glad you are getting this worked out before you get in the elk woods...good luck out there!

05-Sep-19
Thanks all. I'm an inner pessimist, so thank you for the positive posts. I feel like I wasted the summer shooting as much as I did. If nothing else, I suppose I'm in good "shooting shape", but just need to get used to the technical side of this new bow.

05-Sep-19
By the way, I just talked to Bowtech, and even though it is a 2006, the limbs/riser/cams have a lifetime warranty, since i'm the original owner. / They still said it would take a few weeks, but it'd be nice if they took care of it for me.

05-Sep-19
I have a 70 lb 2006 Tribute sitting in my hunting room, if you want, I'll ship the entire bow to you. I believe I have a box that I can use to ship sitting there as well. May have a second set of limbs sitting on the shelf as well. The stings are in decent shape if I remember right.

Either that or the Realm's are really nice...

05-Sep-19
Moral of the story: Backup bow, backup bow, backup bow.

05-Sep-19
Better now then in the woods

05-Sep-19
Wow DEMO, that is certainly generous! Thank you for the offer. I'll give you a holler if the whole warranty thing doesn't work out. Much appreciated!

05-Sep-19
Lost Arra and others, I'm usually a 1 gun/bow/car/etc. type of guy. I get the idea of a backup bow, but how often do you shoot it? / I guess i'm so set in my "1 bow" ways and technique, it'd feel odd to go back and forth from a fancy new bow to an old one, etc. I know it'd get me out of this jam; however, I hope this would not be a trend in my hunting career!

05-Sep-19
Bowtech and exploding limbs ...who would have thunk it

05-Sep-19
Let us know how the new bow feels and if it hinders your shooting.

05-Sep-19
Trial153, I know I know....But still, I've shot this bow consistently for 13 years and nothing until this. Do limbs wear out? I mean it's 13 years old, probably shot 10,000+ arrows through it. Bowtech quality or age, I don't know who to blame?

05-Sep-19
^^, yup, only took 9 years and thousands upon thousands of shots and dozens of animals killed before I had to replace the limbs on the '06 Ally (mucho sarcasm intended) ... ;0) .... the Tribute and Allegiance are two of the best bows ever made .... great shooters, quiet, fast, accurate .... the Ally is STILL my main bow and the 2004 Patriot single cam is the back up ... well made bows back then

05-Sep-19
Better now than later! I’d say it’s perfect timing

05-Sep-19
At least you had 8 days! That's a week to practice and then kill a bull!

05-Sep-19
No pessimism.

This will just make your story of your hunt a little better.

Good luck! Short bloodtrails!

05-Sep-19
Things wear out in time. The $450 dollar boots I bought in 2015 just got tossed out. Good luck.

05-Sep-19
2013 or 2014 I blew up my bow 4 days before elk season grabbed a new one that night shot like a madman for 3 days and killed my elk opening morning you can do it too man keep your head in the game.

05-Sep-19
Get yourself a realm or realmx, it will take under 50 arrows to feel familiar, and they have yokes so tuning will be easy! You will love the realms

05-Sep-19
It's always good to have an extra back-up bow. Hope everything works out. Like stated at least it didn't happen while you were out hunting.

05-Sep-19
Don't get a bowtech or you'll have Deja vu.

05-Sep-19
You got your moenys worth. We have seen bowtechs split limbs hanging on hooks not being shot. Only the last few years they have gotten a handle on the issue. It was bad enough that I wouldnt take a bowtech into the backcountry with me.

05-Sep-19
Realm x or newer and you’ll have no limb problems

05-Sep-19
BG, just let me know. All you have to do is ship it back after your trip.

05-Sep-19
You didn’t waste anytime shooting. It’s all about reps. And you got em in. Muscle memory, regardless of what bow your shooting. Your form should be the same. Once your tuned which won’t take long at all...you’ll be set. Good luck with the tag.

05-Sep-19
I had the same thing happen 11 years ago. Only difference's was it was my first elk hunt ever. To CO instead of AZ. The bow was a Browning. 13 days out. I called Browning, they 2 day shipped me a new one, I shot it in and killed an elk with it. So, all isn't lost. You will do great. Good luck and God Bless

05-Sep-19
Lost Arra'Back up Bow!Always have one or two throw-aways availableAz.is waiting and he Bull is Bugling! dirtclod Az...Bas go get,em'

05-Sep-19
Heck of an offer, DEMO-Bowhunter. You're a good dude and one of the reasons Bowsite is the best.

05-Sep-19
I apologize for sounding critical about your dilemma. That was not my intent but when the stakes are high (great elk tag) I wouldn't take one bow just like I wouldn't take one arrow on that hunt unless it's in the woods behind my house. I have a pretty sorry elk tag this season and I'm taking a backup bow because I'm driving 800 miles to get there. I hope you kill a monster. Best of luck.

05-Sep-19
I was standing next to a guy last year practicing the afternoon before he started a $10K elk hunt (wish I could have afforded his hunt!). His bow blew up, I won't mention the mfg. The guide drove him an hour to an archery shop that he was friends with, they set him up with a new bow, he sighted in the next morning instead of hunting. Two days later he killed a 290" bull at 50 yds, his first antlered game of his life.

Take all your practice and just pass it on to the next bow, and go kill a big un.

06-Sep-19
Thanks all. No sweat Lost Arra, it's all good. You are correct, though I've never thought of having a backup bow. It's not like the old bow is really worth much anyway, so might as well keep it for piece of mind and sentimental value for sure!

The Mathews Vertix is setup and shot lights out last night out to 40. Will be working pins for longer this weekend. The shop is working on the warranty stuff with Bowtech, so I may be ok there for the backup.

06-Sep-19
Same thing happened to me last week, five days before I was leaving for my elk hunt. Got lucky and my old archery shop still had a left hand mission ballistic in his shop. He stayed open late for me to drive the hour to his shop. Instead of trying to set up the new bow we ripped the limbs off it and put them on mine. A few twists on the string to get it in time and I was shooting bullet holes through paper again. Terry at GRISWOLD ARCHERY in Illinois (had to give him a plug here) is getting the limbs warrantied for me so when I get home I'll have an identical backup bow. I now have two bows that cost less than one of the flagship models.

06-Sep-19
I drew a once in a lifetime bull elk tag for my home state of Michigan. I was already shooting most of the summer, but kicked it up a notch once I found out about my luck. 2 weeks before my hunt i started to shoot fixed blade broadheads and immediately found my broadheads where hitting 7" to the right of my field tips at 20 yards. I figured no big deal, just needed to be paper tuned. First trip to the bow shop turned out that one of my cams was leaning pretty bad. The shop thought they could rearrange the limbs to get me by for my upcoming hunt, but it wasn't meant to be. Luck would have it they had the new Mathews Vertix on sale. So with a week to go before my season started, I was shooting a new bow to break it in. By mid week i had killed my shoulder shooting so much. One last trip to the bow shop and it was tuned ready to go. I was fine tuning my 80 yard pin the afternoon before season. Down an old logging road at camp. I don't have any regrets from my decision, just a little more stress was all.

06-Sep-19
ooooffff.....

06-Sep-19
Kid, yer gonna put yer eye out !

Seriously, good luck on your hunt with your new Vertix !

06-Sep-19
Everyone seems to have forgotten the issue in the 90's with Matthews bows. Let them sit in a car or any type of heat and the limbs would blow apart! No company is without issues. Just because they warranty limbs for a lifetime ,doesnt mean they will last a lifetime. I had a Matthews SQ2 that had limb split from sitting in the closet not being used. Bowtech had their share of issues for a while as well. They make limbs in house the last couple of years and the limb issues have all but disappeared. You will be fine with a new Matthews or new Bowtech. Seems to me 13years and untold 1000's of arrows is about all anyone could ask for in a bow. You will love the new technology. You will feel like you had been left in the stone age once you shoot the new bows of today.

• Sitka Gear