Mule Power 05-Sep-19
WI Shedhead 05-Sep-19
Mule Power 05-Sep-19
HiMtnHnter 05-Sep-19
shakey 05-Sep-19
Franklin 09-Sep-19
Shawn 09-Sep-19
05-Sep-19
Heading to montana in a few days and if fortunate enough to bring one back to Wisconsin would like ideas other than boiling and beetles on bringing one back within the cwd transfer guidelines for driving through other states. The 3 well b traveling through require tissue and meat off the skulls

05-Sep-19
An extra few days of labor. Truthfully, without beetles and/or boiling, I know of nothing that works like a 'charm' to get all the tissue off - enough for legal transport. 3% peroxide from hairdressers maybe. Mild bleach solution... I'd leave it with a beetle guy, they do the best job (beetles). I would not want to leave it if it were me, but you might have little choice.

05-Sep-19

wilbur's Link
Get to a good taxi and have them deal with it. Call Gerry at Mercer Custom Taxidermy he'll fix you up.

05-Sep-19
Cut the skull plate off and leave the rest of the skull and brains. Takes a couple minutes.

05-Sep-19
^ I did this last year and bought a Mountain Mikes Reprduction skull that accepts the skull plate. Looks pretty good if you want a euro type mount. Make sure if you go that route that you have a saw up to the task. Mine wasn't, and I ended up using a small hatchet to cut it out. Got the job done but it took a lot of time and extra work.

05-Sep-19
Just blow it out with pressure washer at a car wash, it will take about 5 minutes the inside of the skull will be spotless

05-Sep-19
Call and get the answers from the guy who will write the ticket and take the head.

Cape, remove eyes and brain, and you’ve met Wyoming cwd req.

05-Sep-19
Skin it. Scrape off all of the muscle. Remove eyes, tongue, and skin from the roof of the mouth. Bend a coat hanger into a small L and insert it in the hole at the base of the skull. Spin it around to break up the brain. Grab the bull by the hirns and swing it as fast as you can away from you to propel the brains out of the hole. Repeat that process until all of the brains are out. At that point the only thing you have besides bone is sinus tissue. Don’t worry about that. If possible pack the skull somewhere instead of proudly displaying it to the world. The important part is you have showed a great effort to comply with regulations.

Good luck!

05-Sep-19
Mule power - I’ve done all that before and can handle all that. Taking my truck with a basket on the topper for antlers. 2 of us packing a camp for 2 weeks. Gonna be a tight fit even with a hitch haul for room

05-Sep-19
No worries. I’ve been stopped at game checks like that with no problems.

05-Sep-19
If you can score a big 10 gal pot (from a place like Murdoch's) and take a propane burner with you, your in business. Cook for 4-6 hours in water and borax. Then take to the carwash and spray it off. This works well. You can have it done in have a day. Start it when you start your coffee.

05-Sep-19
Cut from where the spinal column meets the skull to roof of the mouth area making a V and the brains will fall out. Before your last shower before heading home take to the car wash and blast the residual.

09-Sep-19
Read the requirements carefully....if it says "brain matter" then that is all that is required. Meat ON the skull may not be required.

09-Sep-19
If you really want the whole skull, no option but boiling and a pressure washer can be done in half day. Otherwise skull plate and leave the rest! Shawn

• Sitka Gear