HH 08-Sep-19
Tonybear61 08-Sep-19
lewis 09-Sep-19
Franklin 09-Sep-19
HH 09-Sep-19
TrapperKayak 09-Sep-19
06-Sep-19

INDBowhunter2's Link
Not sure if this is ok to put here but just saw this.

I'm not sure how to win this battle..... I learned a lot from trapping when I was younger. Going to get my kids into it some this fall/winter.

06-Sep-19
This is a bad day for sportsman, have to believe places like Colorado will be under even more heavy pressure.

06-Sep-19
You’ll never win that battle all we can hope for just a delay The inevitable loss

06-Sep-19
I agree with Boubound, glad I have had 55 years to enjoy the outdoors.

06-Sep-19
Coming to other states near you...This will spread, unfortunately!

06-Sep-19
Shoot in MA we beat them to it in 1996. Not a full ban but all we can use is cage traps so pretty much a ban.

06-Sep-19
Just what I expect from the Land of Fruits and Nuts. I'm pretty sure they banned hunting with hounds a few years back.

06-Sep-19
I wonder how long until we see a major shift in demographics from one state to the next. My wife and I plan to do our part. We are targeting five years............. leave Massachusetts and move to where there are some like minded people. It will be Montana or Wyoming.

I do not know how people who enjoy the freedoms and opportunities that our forefathers intended, enjoy hunting, fishing and shooting sports can last in some of these hellish states. There really is no amount of money in my mind. If I was thirty years younger then I would be getting out of dodge right away.

06-Sep-19
Can the furs from nuisance animals in CA be utilized?

06-Sep-19
So, you can pitch a tent anywhere in California, you can take a crap in the streets and shoot heroin on the curb/sidewalk whenever you want. You can smoke pot wherever and whenever, you can break in to cars for drug money and it's all ok. But god forbid if you trap a few raccoons or predators , my god what this country coming too.

06-Sep-19
LB, it’s just like Merle Haggard said, “going downhill like a snowball headed for hell”

06-Sep-19
Drycreek, spot on!! One of my favorite songs.

06-Sep-19
It is a sad day here. Leave it to the liberals who invoke "science" at every turn when it comes to climate change and yet.completely ignore it when it comes to wildlife management....

06-Sep-19
It seems CA should be worrying more about thier homeless issues in the cities than a trapping ban. CA is a lost cause and they always try an dictate there laws on other states. Very sad indeed!

06-Sep-19
It's a shame that one of the few things that helped shape the settlement of this entire country 200+ years ago is now banned in one state and severely restricted in a few others.

Does anyone know what organizations were fighting this?

How do we (outdoorsmen) keep this from happening in other states? This seems to be a huge tip of the iceberg. Trapping is an easy target and bowhunting is probably the 2nd easiest target for being "inhumane", even though responsible trapping and bowhunting both are actually not.

We are outnumbered as hunters, and trapping is even more so. How do we keep the non-hunters on the side of hunters and trappers?

Unfortunately, I don't have much hope that my children will be able to enjoy the outdoors as much as I have been able to up to this point in my life.

06-Sep-19
This is a prime example of give an inch and take a mile. I recently moved to Southern California from Alaska and I can’t explain how disconnected this place is from the outdoors. Prior to this ban it was basically banned just like Oregon and I believe Washington as you could only use live traps which for anyone that traps knows it’s tough to catch a coyote or fox in one of those with any sort of production.

It’s not that these people are anti hunting or trapping, it’s that their sole connection to those activities is what they see on social media or the internet.

They don’t know that there are seasons, bag limits, tags, money, practice, knowledge and hard work involved in the final product of this. I have opened peoples eyes in 5 minutes of conversation because they simply don’t know. It’s really hard to explain the disconnect but until we explain in an eloquent way what we do, it won’t be understood. California has opened my eyes to what our issue is but I hope we learn to curb this issue before it’s to late!

06-Sep-19
Trap anyway. Its what I'd do if they ever outlaw hunting or trapping here

06-Sep-19
Your surprised?

Before to much longer if you own a long gun there you’ll have to submitt DNA for the Kali weapins data base. Maybe we can sell the place back to Mexico or trade it for the Baja?

Or we let a Migrant Gvt run the place for a 3 year test phase.

They wont kill rats in cities there why would they allow trapping?

H

06-Sep-19
Washington State did that years ago. Seattle voters out#d the sensible ones. Its total BS liberal Disney thinking.

06-Sep-19
Sucks to hear that. Here in MA, "we" did that in 91. It was a voter question and the high population, eastern part of the state was strongly in favor, the rest of us were not... But those of us in the center and western part of the state didnt have the numbers to compete with the metro Boston area...

On a positive, after about 3 years an entirely new industry was spawned to do things like remove problem beavers that were flooding roads, homes, cemeteries etc... So, in a few years, anyone who needs a job could find one doing that sort of work... Ugh!

06-Sep-19
Any and every minority group in the U.S. gets protected except hunters. What we need is a lgbtq ( whatever the heck they call themselves) that is a hard core hunter and let it be our spokesman. LOL

07-Sep-19
I forget who, but someone recently told me a recent survey of Californians indicated 43% of them want to leave. They will be coming to your state soon, wanting to make it just like where they left.

07-Sep-19
I trapped for fun. Guess I’m exempt. Of course this state will probably ban Fun too.

07-Sep-19
They are everywhere and yes they want the same policies ans services they had at Huntting Beach.

KAG

07-Sep-19
Folks there could be no other outcome when we as a society began to consider our pets a member of our family. Unfortunately there are many that don’t distinguish between the family dog and the wild animals they see on tv. They elevate them way above humane treatment, to a position equal to (or above) people.

07-Sep-19
Save a varmint and abort a baby, sums up Cal. Leprosy is now making a comeback and taking a dump in the street is the norm, what else can go wrong?

07-Sep-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo

07-Sep-19
Go on Huffington Post and you can read where the Republicans have contracted a hit on Mother Nature.

07-Sep-19
The... Big one... can’t come soon enough !

08-Sep-19
"Huffington Post ???????????? ... ROFLMAO !!! ... one of the top sites of liberal idiocy and anti-2a and anti-conservatism .... no one in their right mind reads their trash.... unless you are a democrat/lib ... "

It was a joke, same as the with the Breitbart comment I presumed.

08-Sep-19
Such bullshit

California state Democrats now have the 2/3 majority they need in the house/senate to do whatever they want. I Hope i get to hunt Tule elk before all hunting is banned in California.

And California is NOT a “lost cause.” When you’re at war, you do your fighting on the front lines, not stateside from a Holliday Inn Express.

If a statewide ban on hunting comes up in California, we need hunters from all 50 states to join us marching on Sacramento. If California bans hunting, all the blue states will fall shortly thereafter.

08-Sep-19
They would need super majorities in those other states.

They being the Antifa crowd.

KH~

08-Sep-19
Anyone complaining about loss of hunting privileges rights, the encroachment of the anti's need to join the US Sportsman's Alliance. https://www.sportsmensalliance.org/

They are pretty much the only group in America focusing in on or tearing apart the anti's schemes and taking them on in court and the ballot box. Thanks to USSA all 50 states now have hunter anti-harassment statutes which they authored.

09-Sep-19
Makes me feel real lucky to be in Tennessee Lewis

09-Sep-19
To answer Brian M. When they ban the "trapping or harvest", they also ban "possession of fur or parts".

I`m a firm believer that the United States of America will be "splitting the sheets" so to speak, shortly.

09-Sep-19
Yep

Sacramento and SF wants all fur banned in state.

No more Tead shoots with fur string silencers or you risk felonious misdemeaner.

No MT Men rendevous there either.

Can wear yer coon skin hat ir ahaved beaver hat.

What about a Stetsin 4x beaver felt cowboy hats????

KH~

09-Sep-19
They (Dem Hollywood libs) won't be able to own cats then, will they? LOL!

• Sitka Gear