Scooby-doo 09-Sep-19
mountainman 10-Sep-19
LBshooter 10-Sep-19
BOHUNTER09 12-Sep-19
Bill in MI 12-Sep-19
08-Sep-19

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
I picked up an older lw hand climber on Craigslist for a good deal. What additional parts or add ons do I need. Looks like some sort of tether to keep them connected is needed and maybe a strap to keep them connected on the back? Curious what guys are using. Thanks

08-Sep-19
Get a set of stabilizing straps from third hand archery products. They will keep it tethered while you climb and then you lock them down at hunting height. Your gonna need the best seat cushion you can find. Hunt Comfort use to make one that fit, not sure if they still do. The only other strap would be the sit and climb strap the goes on the hand climber. This allows you to sit on the strap instead of putting your elbows on the hand climber. It works, but I think it is kinda awkward.

08-Sep-19
A low deductible

09-Sep-19
I am by no means an expert on this. I've had a lone wolf climber for a really long time (15 years or so). I point that out to say how old mine is. Mine has a built-in bow holder in the front of the stand and I don't see that in your pics. Plus mine has a "web-like" base, by that I mean that the platform isn't angular like yours but has a unique/distinct pattern.

Don't get me wrong, this looks like a great stand - but are you sure you're this is a LoneWolf?

09-Sep-19
I have that exact model. I connected the climber to the platform with a strap so it cannot fall down the tree when you take weight off. As my shoulders got older I bought a different seat which converted the stand into a sit and climb. I think this is one of the best climbers made JMO.

09-Sep-19
Other than not having a bow holder built in, it looks like a Lone Wolf. My Lone Wolf is also old. I've had the straps break on mine but I was trying to climb a really skinny tree. A fresh set of new straps might be a consideration for you.

09-Sep-19
Yup it’s just older. Thanks guys I’m gonna reach out to 3rd hand and get the straps with metal buckle since I can also use them to strap it all together when walking and a bow holder. I have a new seat pad already. Thanks for the help

09-Sep-19
Mine came with plastic buckles (they still work). Something to consider as they may be a little quieter than metal when they touch the frame and platform. That's one super plus side of the Lone Wolf stands - they fold flat and are almost silent doing setup and take-down. They double as shoulder straps for back-packing it. But they have an extra set of short ends that attach to the seat/climber. That allows you to disconnect them from the stand once you're at the tree and connect them to the platform so they can't get separated when climbing or up in the tree.

I do have the sit and climb model. But I cut the seat off of it (wasn't comfortable when climbing up). I have a hand-made seat that is more like mesh now that I use every now and then but I prefer to stand.

Enjoy! Be safe!

09-Sep-19
A tether strap, stabilizing straps and some strong abs. If that hand climber isn't difficult for you to use now, give it a few years and you will be upgrading to the sit and climb.

09-Sep-19
A bungee to go around the back of your boots so as you climb you don't just use your boot toes to hold on to the stand bottom. Shawn

10-Sep-19
If its older than the ones with the bowholder, its really old. Mine is about 18 years old and has the bowholder in it.

CHECK YOUR BOLTS. The older lone wolfs used smaller bolts to connect the arms to the seat. I had one break on me(it was when I was climbing a smaller tree). I contacted lone wolf and they said they had increased the size of that bolt. They sent me the bolts and I drilled out the existing holes and installed them. No problems since.

10-Sep-19
Practice, practice and practice at low altitude. Wear a safety harness all the time. My buddy had one and the first time he used it he was hanging on for dear life , good thing he had others nearby.

12-Sep-19
Set the angle of the stand front end up quite a bit. The trees get smaller as your climb and the front of the stand gets lower. You will learn how much to set it up with practice.

12-Sep-19
Abs

• Sitka Gear