APauls 09-Sep-19
Owl 09-Sep-19
Jasper 10-Sep-19
dakotaduner 10-Sep-19
'Ike' (Phone) 10-Sep-19
goelk 10-Sep-19
Scott/IL 10-Sep-19
09-Sep-19
I made the drive home for the weekend after a long week of classes to unwind a bit and do some hunting. Little did I know what was in store. Aside from the Huskers throwing away their game, I really don't know how it could've been any better!

09-Sep-19

zabwelch's embedded Photo
Saturday morning was a near perfect morning for some spot and stalk. After spotting a buck just after first light, we quickly made a move to get in on him. After searching for nearly an hour after in the set of hills we spotted him in, we decided to push further west onto the property in hopes of finding other goats or a muley. After getting into the next set of hills, we spotted him again. We once again made quick work of cutting the distance from nearly a mile away and were within 100 yards. He dropped into a pocket and we made our move. As we popped over the hill, my dad ranged him at 40 yards as he fed with his head down in a pocket. I released an arrow and watched as it found its mark. The buck made it another 120 yards before crashing. High fives followed and we were flying high back to town to butcher just in time for kickoff!

09-Sep-19
After butchering, I had just enough time to shower and watch part of the game before heading to the tree stand. On my way in, I bumped a deer from its bed and my heart sank as I watched the wide 8 that I had my eyes on run away from me with his tail up. I still stayed optimistic knowing that there were plenty of deer around on the property that I would be happy with punching my tag on. However, dark approached and no shooter made an appearance. However, this semester, I do not have class until 1:00 on Mondays, and I saw a cold front moving in on Sunday evening. It was a no brainer to stick around for an extra day to get in an evening hunt!

09-Sep-19

I climbed into my stand this evening and I could feel a huge difference from the evening before. The air had a chill to it, and for the first time this season, it actually felt like deer hunting weather. I sat for some time only seeing a couple does. The action went dead for some time, but I was snapped out of a daze when out of the corner of my eye I caught white tines moving through the trees less than 20 yards from me. As the buck came into view, I couldn't believe it. The wide 8 was coming into the clearing. At 15 yards, the buck stopped and turned broadside and an arrow was on its way. A well placed arrow right behind the shoulder, a short blood trail later, and I had my hands on him.

09-Sep-19
My dad and my sister decided to sit in another stand on the other side of the property. With hip surgery less than 3 weeks away, my sister was spending every chance she could in the tree in hopes of filling a tag before being on crutches. At dark, I made my way to the road where my dad said he would pick me up. As the headlights came into view, anticipation was growing not only to tell them of the news, but to hear if they had a similar story to share. The excitement went to a whole different level when they gave me the news that my sister had hit a nice buck as well!

09-Sep-19

We took pictures of my buck and loaded him, and then went to take up the blood trail of Maddie's buck. You could tell she was very nervous, but I've seen her shoot. I knew this buck couldn't be far. We took up the trail and blood looked good, but soon it began to peter out. I was starting to wonder if we should maybe come back in the morning to play it safe. Just then, my dad turned around and gave me the look that assured me he had seen the deer laying ahead of us on the trail. Maddie was still clueless. My dad told her to go ahead to the next blood spot and she walked ahead. As my dad shined the light on the buck just ahead of her, her face lit up and you could feel the emotion coming from her. She was ecstatic to say the least! She put a great shot on a mature buck that we have quite a bit of history with!

09-Sep-19

09-Sep-19
It was an unforgettable weekend to say the least. Spending time with family and friends in the outdoors is what makes memories that last a lifetime!

09-Sep-19
Way to go guys. Love ever minute of it . Hammertime !! Hunt

09-Sep-19
Great story. Congrats.

09-Sep-19
What a weekend indeed! Congratulations on three very nice animals!

09-Sep-19
Awesome weekend!

—Jim

09-Sep-19
Great story, very nice!! Congrats to you and your sister!! Shawn

09-Sep-19
Way to go, Welch family! Great story telling, Zach!

09-Sep-19
WOW. Good for you and your family. Life’s great.

09-Sep-19
Awesome weekend! Congratulations.

09-Sep-19
Congratulations on a really nice weekend and I wish Maddie a speedy recovery.

09-Sep-19
wow I would say that is awesome

09-Sep-19
Congrats. I can see the pride beaming from your dad!

09-Sep-19
So CU beat Nebraska! :) Anyway, great story and bucks..at least you guy had a great game. my best, Paul

09-Sep-19
Raised'm right Beav! Congrats all

09-Sep-19
WOW! Cherish this weekend! It doesn't get any better than that! Just you getting the antelope would have made it awesome, but the rest of it made it magnificent, especially the family aspect of it!

09-Sep-19
Fantastic! Congratulations to both you and you sister....I bet dad sure is proud! :)

09-Sep-19
Great story! Thanks for sharing.

09-Sep-19
Nice work, congrats

09-Sep-19
Amazing weekend to say the least!

Great job pappying Beav!!!

09-Sep-19
Very nice!! Congrats to your family!!

09-Sep-19
Fantastic job all 3 of you!!!Congrats

09-Sep-19
Great job getting it done Zack and Maddie!

Congratulations to the both of you for a fabulous weekend and hoping for a speedy recovery for Maddie’s surgery!

Definitely raising them right over there, Beav!

09-Sep-19
Congrats to all of you! Great weekend!

09-Sep-19
Congratulations... what a weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

09-Sep-19
Gonna be tough to top that one. Congrats!

09-Sep-19
Congrats again to the whole fam!! Killers for sure.

09-Sep-19
Great job Welch family!

09-Sep-19
Awesome job guys! Definitely a weekend to remember!

09-Sep-19
Congratulations

09-Sep-19
Way to go, Zach! Give your sister a big congrats from me, as well. You guys are starting this fall season where you left off from last year!

Like I texted your dad the other night, you guys can at least take solace in the fact that the Hawkeyes won this weekend. We’re a “big tent” group over here ;-)

09-Sep-19
Great weekend! Something tells me that you and your family of "stone cold killers" aren't done yet this season :) Congrats again and thanks for the write up. Pete

09-Sep-19
Congrats to all...sounds like everything worked out perfectly!

09-Sep-19
Congrats on a great weekend! The bad news was not so much that the Huskers lost it is that Colorado won. It is not good when CU, Texass, Alabama wins

Boomer Sooner!!

09-Sep-19
That is awesome! When everything is going great, it's time to buy lottery tickets. Congrats!

09-Sep-19
Pretty much perfect!

Congrats

09-Sep-19
Awesome awesome!!!! You guys are drop dead killers!!!

09-Sep-19
Great weekend, indeed. Congrats! As a Husker fan myself, I'm glad I spent the weekend at my hunting camp chasing squirrels. lol

10-Sep-19
Love it and big congratulations! What a great memory for your family!

10-Sep-19
Wow congratulations all around. Now that's great family time. Thanks for sharing with us.

10-Sep-19
Awesome ...

10-Sep-19
Great story thanks for sharing.

GO BUFFS

10-Sep-19
Awesome weekend! Congrats

• Sitka Gear