HH 10-Sep-19
Big blue 10-Sep-19
Pat Lefemine 10-Sep-19
HH 10-Sep-19
Quinn @work 10-Sep-19
yeager 10-Sep-19
Bou'bound 10-Sep-19
10-Sep-19
Hello I'm new to the area... Just wondering which are the big buck towns and counties in Connecticut???? Plenty of those around to fill the freezer..Thanks??

10-Sep-19
The towns with the rock walls in the woods are goo places to start.

.................and there can be no time afield in CT without it being posted as a live hunt on the Bowsite.

10-Sep-19
Bridgeport

10-Sep-19
Old Lyme??? Any good?

10-Sep-19
Old Lyme is like hunting in hedgerow country or worse we fought in Northern France in WW2.

There are stone walls from Old Lyme to Twin Lakes.

I have a wall of horns everyone taken in NW CT, all were 240lbs dressed or better.

All were taken off land that will never be hunted again.

Ct State Gvt saw to that.

KH~

10-Sep-19
So I guess it's good LOL thanks for the info is there a

10-Sep-19
Old Lyme can be good. There are probably pockets of big buck (define big?) havens all over the state. Private is definitely going to be better than public. Old Lyme allows baiting so put up a trail cam and you will get to know the bucks around the property you hunt.

If you are new to the state, understand that Lyme CT is where Lyme disease originated from. Lots of ticks down there and really dense undergrowth. A trophy buck would feel comfortable living in pockets of woods between houses down there. Good luck.

10-Sep-19
You to see plenty nice bucks in Fall heading thru old Lyme and down through road to Barn Island boat ramp.

You hunt in that stuff you will not maybe contract Lyme disease.

When Pat says pockets thats all youll hunt ,(yards or old cemetery). You will not get a permission to hunt any where there as the general rule.

Theres a creek on west side of Barn island i use trout fish up. Saw deer in yards up in there. Not big deer.

There are lots of great pieces of state land in NW corner. The land has been being purchased by the State in small acreages for 35yrs. They do not let anyone know its State land. Do some research and hunt it. Park and Hunt.

Took great deer of these unpublished state lands. I found them helping State survey some of them in the 1980s as a volunteer. One spot was tremendous. We killed prolly 20 mature bucks off this place over the years none ever dressed under 180lbs.

KH~

10-Sep-19
^^^ That's a hard read. But I guess it may be good info?

10-Sep-19
You can always pick up the latest copy of “Bowhunting Big Game Records of North America” from the Pope & Young Club. This will list the counties of the bucks entered from various states.....you’ll just have to scroll through them to find CT. Also, as a member of P&Y, the Ethic magazine which comes out quarterly, list them.....it would be hit or miss if your state is there for that issue.

10-Sep-19
prolly is quinn

• Sitka Gear