JohnMC 04-Dec-19
Grubby 05-Dec-19
Bou'bound 05-Dec-19
Jack Harris 05-Dec-19
Grey Ghost 05-Dec-19
Grubby 06-Dec-19
RK 06-Dec-19
10-Sep-19
I’ll wait to post the bandits photo till it becomes public knowledge during the court case.

A friend has a nice buck on camera he’s hoping to get a crack at this season... yesterday his trail cam sends an odd photo of deer legs in the air to his phone. A little later he’s gets one of the guy dragging the deer... he and a warden rush over and catch the guy cutting the head off the buck... The poacher is well known for hunting all over.. grand slam of sheep ,brown bear moose , and on and on...

Hope he gets what he deserves.

10-Sep-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo

10-Sep-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo

10-Sep-19

10-Sep-19
Mark you ready for Kansas ?

10-Sep-19
Wow I guess those cellular game cameras are worth the money unbelievable ! Where I live there is a park with several deer I have seen well over 200" and every year I find a headless deer left in the woods !!

10-Sep-19
Bad deal....

10-Sep-19
Nope Todd too banged up..Thanks for asking though

10-Sep-19

10-Sep-19

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Stones throw from where I work. If this is accurate

10-Sep-19
That sucks but glad the guy was caught. He'll probably get the equivalent of a slap on the wrist and be back to shenanigans again before too long. Zebras don't change their stripes and a piece of shit outlaw poacher will almost always remain a piece of shit outlaw poacher.

10-Sep-19
I agree Jim.

10-Sep-19
POS!!!

10-Sep-19
Return of Rowdy? jk. But repeat offenders should be jailed IMO.

10-Sep-19
Scumbag!!

10-Sep-19
The stars aligned at least on getting him caught. Last guy that did that on my land is still roaming. Keep us posted. Hope they stick it to im! Gorgeous buck

10-Sep-19
Glad I hunt for the enjoyment. What leads people to do these things for antlers is beyond me. Keep us posted as this is good and bad....good that this scumbag is caught, bad because it reflects poorly on hunting.

10-Sep-19
Damnit. That buck is a slammer.

I just don't understand poaching for horns. What satisfaction would anyone have killing him illegally? I don't get it.

I assume that's NJ? Unfortunately, they have so many more serious crimes there the prosecution will likely let him off with a slap on the wrist. Shame may be a better option here if this guy is well known - coupled with some lost hunting privileges. Hope it's not a TV guy.

10-Sep-19
Horns are one of coolest and worst things about hunting.

10-Sep-19
What a shame. What a douche bag.

10-Sep-19
That a Jersey deer Mark?

10-Sep-19
Yes it’s NJ

10-Sep-19
What an absolute POS!!!! He should go to jail and lose hunting privileges for life

10-Sep-19
Good for your buddy in getting the warden there so quick. Talk about being caught "red handed".

10-Sep-19
Glad he got caught! But I'm sure you still feel "robbed!"

I never understand what pleasure you could get out of poaching.................................

10-Sep-19
"What leads people to do these things for antlers is beyond me."

So true. Sad......

10-Sep-19
Grotesque. Hope your friend still has a great season.

10-Sep-19
Loose his hunting privileges? These D-bags don't follow the rules, loosing hunting privileges will not hurt him. Huge fines and federal "pound me in the ass" prison is the only answer.

10-Sep-19

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
As Shug posted - my buddy’s cell cam caught the crime. He met this jerkoff with the CO after dark as he was cutting the head off the buck. Saturday opens as earn a buck in most of State. Have to shoot doe first. This zone doesn't even open for buck or doe for 3 more weeks - it's not earn a buck but irrelevent season is closed entire state. This dooshbag was baiting and had camera on a piece of public land next to my buddy’s who was on private - also watching same deer. Thankfully this poacher never saw the other cams after he shot the buck. The poacher could have waited until season opens and hunted same buck legally. I guess he was too insecure to take that chance - after all once he saw it, it was "his" buck.

10-Sep-19
P&Y listing.

10-Sep-19
“From: JTV10-Sep-19Private Reply Id love to have heard the conversation between him, the CO and your buddy ....” Apparently he had nothing to say. Caught red handed. Usually when I catch a trespasser they are always “looking for their dog” when in reality they are doing a deer drive. NJ has way too many scumbags. These types are not hunters. I am embarrassed to be from same state as this jackwagon. (As well as being home state of “Snookie”)

10-Sep-19

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
JTV.. it went something like this...

10-Sep-19
NJ- Gods County!!

10-Sep-19

Can someone explain the mindset of a guy that shoots world class big game - needing to do THIS? Oh and P&Y or B&C not gonna like him so much now.

10-Sep-19
He should be tied to a tree in the area in NJ where all the huge bruins are and have a can of salmon poured over him... :>/

10-Sep-19
Makes me sick. Coulda been some kid or ethical hunter's dream come true

10-Sep-19
I am surprised the camera was able to make him out while wearing Sitka camo. :)

Never heard of him.

10-Sep-19
Something about that moose pic looks photoshopped....

10-Sep-19
Shug - I assume that the picture of him flipping off the camera occurred after he’d been busted by the CO?

Wow!

These guys know no shame. Poached a deer before the season and he’s indignant that his picture is being taken?

A picture speaks a thousand words. He doesn’t seem ashamed or contrite. I hope the judge takes that into account.

10-Sep-19
Spoke to a buddy from nearby there...he said known poacher for 20 years. Shame he killed that great buck but hopefully this will be his undoing.

10-Sep-19
Guys let's be sure to keep the facts correct.

He is not wearing Sitka. That shirt is KUIU in Verde 2.0!!!

Carry on.

Edit: Looking at the first pic I thought Verde 2.0 but after closer examination of the second "bird pic" I'm pretty sure he is wearing original KUIU Verde! I don't want to be responsible for spreading false information!!!!

10-Sep-19
Whats really crazy here is the cameras got him, think about the odds of that buck being near a cameras when this azz did what he did. Really a damn shame after someone put in all the effort and time. Hope he gets something what he deserves. Just sucks for the animal and the disrespect for others.

10-Sep-19
All KUIU, all the time. Even when poaching.

10-Sep-19
That is awesome he got caught! I just for the life of me can't understand how anyone would feel any satisfaction by poaching.

10-Sep-19
I am mystified that you could have so much money to be able to pay for the hunts he did, and yet be poaching like that besides...unbelievable.

10-Sep-19

JohnMC's Link
Is this the guy?

10-Sep-19
I agree totally Adam. If he’s got that much money and only cares about getting a huge rack.... why not just pay the money and go to one of those high fence operations and kill one of those genetically ridiculous racked bucks.... ?? He obviously doesn’t care about actually hunting.

10-Sep-19
@Jack - what’s the story on the moose? Same poacher??

10-Sep-19
That's a shame for sure.

10-Sep-19
"@.Jack - what’s the story on the moose? Same poacher??" The guy has trophies from all over the globe, and the finances to back it up. Which begs the question "why"? What thrill does one get shooting a 160 class buck out of season on purpose? Waste the animal, cut off the head, no shoulder mount, just sneak off with a rack? We are not talking about the typical, Sussex County inbred redneck which unfortunately still exists around here where it's a family tradition (one more generation and they should be about bred out...). We are talking about a professional "hunter" with tons of trophy class kills (presumably many are legit with outfitters), who felt the need to do this classless, lowlife act? Can anyone get inside the mind of a creature like this?

10-Sep-19
This really is not that hard to figure out. The guy in question has trophies from all over the globe. Has a successful business to fund it all. He has PY ENTRY (s) and maybe BC entries Probably has SCI entries and is involved in an SCI local or regional chapter.

As a world traveled hunter he has it locked in. What he probably was lacking in was the local, regional "whitetail deer" Group, good old boys, one of the locals club.

None of those boys give a crap about animals they can't afford to hunt, or zoo animals from Africa or elsewhere.

What they DO care about are whitetail deer. There is the bait and there was this guys downfall

That's my take for what it's worth !!

10-Sep-19
^RK - if that was truly what hunting is about (real hunting - not poaching) then I would take up tennis or ballet or something else. The mindset is disturbing... Narcissistic? Psychotic? My armchair psycho-analysis tells me major insecurity. Probably started with very small male member, and manifested into "antlers". I am not even joking - but I am spot on. Bottom line - this guy has major insecurity issues. Could have hunted this buck legally in 3 weeks and played by the rules, but felt inadequate as a "hunter" so the "poacher" in him wins out... I swear I am spot on with this... It really is that simple

10-Sep-19
Jack. I totally don't disagree with you

There is a lot to this stuff that normal hunters. Just don't think about. 40 years professionally in the hunting business has a way of shining a light on a lot of "stuff"

10-Sep-19
Well, at least he and Mitch can keep each other company!

If I did business with this guy, you can bet your butt I’d be calling his competition tomorrow. If he’ll cheat at Hunting, what WON’T he cheat at?

10-Sep-19
Yea

It will be interesting to see who steps up to bury this guy

10-Sep-19
A letter to the September 9th NJ big buck poacher. Whatever your name really is - it just doesn't matter. Let me give you some perspective… You see - we hunters (those of us that hunt and play by the rules because once you blatantly disregard rules especially SEASONS - you are a poacher). We Hunters (true hunters) argue over shit like baiting, crossbows, mechanical broadheads, length of seasons, and bag limits. We also bitch moan and complain over another level of scumbag that is a level above where you are at in the evolution chart (just a bit more advanced – more human). That is - the thief. The stand stealer. Camera stealer. Game stealer. Trespasser / poacher "in season". These are all true scumbags and among the lowest forms of life. The one thing that ties us real hunters all together and UNITES us is - we play by the rules!!! Then there is you While many of us would forgive the classic NJ deer poacher who is doing it to feed their family, you are the opposite of that. You don't take the deer / meat. You aren’t hungry. You want the ANTLERS. Why? We can't really comprehend it but this truly is the lowest form of poaching, lowest form of life, and other than rape or murder, we can't imagine a worse crime. What makes it even more mind boggling is you have the resources to get more / better/ bigger than 99% of us - and do it legally. You want a 160" buck? Pay to go to Canada, Kansas, Iowa, etc. Shoot it legally - enjoy life, and don't infringe on others. You see a 160" in NJ - what is that, like the holy grail of hunting? You have some un-alienable right to it that the rest of us don't have??? Why? I will tell you what it's about. INSECURITY. You can't compete (not that it should even be a competition), in an over-populated state with tons of deer and tons of hunters. You just feel so insecure and worry so badly that someone else might get that buck you saw at a picnic, or driving by, or working a job... The moment that you saw those antlers - it became YOUR BUCK and nobody else's. You are so insecure as a "hunter" that you feel the need to do it out of season, when nobody else is hunting. Perhaps you often do it in the dead of the night - when nobody else is hunting. INSECURITY INSECURITY INSECURITY.... I think it's high time - you seek help. In all honesty - I feel very, very, very sorry for you. If this was what hunting had to be for me, I would rather not do it - ever... In fact I would rather kill myself than ever act like this.

10-Sep-19
Don’t get me wrong. When I dream of whitetail, it’s not a spike, but how can you poach that deer and not hear, “Loser!! Fraud!! Scumbag!!” inside your head every time you look at it or any other poached or stolen mount? No conscience? No shame?

I think RK and Jack are both right. Insecurity. Narcissism. Entitlement. Instant Gratification. Desired Attention.

I could see the scenario. “Yeah. Sure. He’s got the money to hunt all over the world, but he can’t kill a decent whitetail. Prolly had those animals tied to trees.”

Whether or not the scenario is accurate doesn’t matter. This was a total douchebag move and I’m glad that circumstances lead to him getting busted.

And if the hypothetical is close to reality, I hope the locals have a lot more to say to him. For a long time. Let him learn some shame.

10-Sep-19
In this day and age, most is about needing and craving the attention one receives from social media. Pictures on Facebook and Instagram the minute an animal is killed is to get praise and knowledge of what a great hunter he/she is. These guys are very competitive, gotta kill the biggest and the most. They brag of themselves and their accomplishments, and their followers praise them and boost about them. Without social media, they would be no bodies, trying to be big fish in a small puddle of hometown guys.

Everyone blames horns and antlers for today's poaching, but try never stop to think or blame social media. Where would we be without having Bowsite, Facebook or Instagram to boost and post pictures to claim how good we are compared to others. Before social media, many guys/women would never exist. These guys aren't hunters, and aren't poachers. These guys aren't killing animals for the meat, but for the antlers. They are social media junkies that need the attention social media gives them. Do you know how many guys are caught because of their posts on Facebook and social media? The numbers would surprise you...

10-Sep-19
Jack

Words are wonderful. But actions will be much better

Actions will bury the guy

Attracts on his trophy entry's

Attracts on his social status in his community

Attracts on his standing in the community

If you have the right guy. Those are the correct next steps to end this behavior.

10-Sep-19
Buglmin- I agree "somewhat" but this mentality existed long before social media. I am 55 and recall my father showing me far too many times, pulling up to a field only to see a car-jacked deer with it's head sawed off. There is some cheap, sick thrill involved here that most of us fortunately cannot relate to. I happen to enjoy a bit of the sharing on social media. and if I shoot a good buck this year, you will definitely see it on Bowsite! But it will be done legally and the right way.

10-Sep-19
Shug.....you should tell your friend what he did for our hunting community by exposing this fraud is equivalent to taking a 210" typical. He should proud and many thank him.

His season is already a success.

11-Sep-19
wow

11-Sep-19
is the landscaper JTV posted, the poacher's business?

11-Sep-19
Buglmin is right: 'They are social media junkies that need the attention social media gives them.' If they were doing if for the antlers, they'd learn how to shed hunt and find all the antlers they want. This is a thrill kill, and their minds are warped. Its for the 'getting away with it' and for the social media fix, both I believe. I hope they remove all his weapons from his possession, and throw the book at him big time. No more hunting ever.

11-Sep-19
Blech. Sometimes I ponder if cell cam's are better than regular ones... Apparently, the correct answer is, YES.

11-Sep-19
Dang what a damn shame...I used to live very close to there..hiked around Bear pond often. Beautiful woods and some nice bucks!

11-Sep-19
Not 100% about the landscaping business. :)

Maybe everyone should call and ask if he’s the poacher? : )

11-Sep-19
^....just curious before the horse gets too far out of the barn....is it 110% certain the name and trophy pics being posted above are this landscaper who is also the poacher? I'd hate to see an innocent person with the same/similar name get flamed here.

11-Sep-19
It does not appear the pool boy is responding to emails. Just asked if he is the deer poacher.

11-Sep-19
Shame

11-Sep-19
JVT, he could care less what anyone thinks. If he could, he'd be consciously aware of his reputation at stake and never do anything like this in the first place.

11-Sep-19
He might not care but potential customers might.

(Be sure and have the right guy of course)

11-Sep-19
SOunds to me like Jack's friend knows who it is....................................................would be nice to know the Poacher's name and address. Then people could let him know exactly how they feel about it! ;-)

11-Sep-19
He did post it and then removed it. But there is a link above that has his name, address, telephone, email, and company name.

11-Sep-19
That’s him....

13-Sep-19
"SOunds to me like Jack's friend knows who it is....................................................would be nice to know the Poacher's name and address. Then people could let him know exactly how they feel about it! ;-) " His name and business are out there... I have already received a "veiled threat"... I don't need any BS... We stand united as hunters on this matter - not much more for me to say. It is clear to me that this particular individual won't stop this behavior until he is 6 feet under so anyone in NJ patterning a very high scoring buck has to understand that this guy might also be after it and will stop at nothing to get it.

13-Sep-19
"When I see anti-hunters harass legit hunters who post pics on social media it bothers me. Doing our thing on this forum is one thing, harassing someone at their place of business or home reminds me too much of the antis. JMO"

Where is a legit hunter being harassed? You are not putting a 100% certified poacher in that class, are you?

13-Sep-19
Exactly Jack Harris.. him flipping the bird to the camera shows you who he is and where his mind is. He needs to be exposed on every level.SORRY, but you know what we need to police our own.

13-Sep-19
"Jack, I'm saying when legitimate hunters resort to the same tactics that anti hunters use, we look as batchit crazy as they do. I can't see how you could have interpreted my comment in the way that you did. Maybe it was a pre coffee response."

I guess my confusion was that I thought you were suggesting that posts that legit hunters made against the poacher in this thread, are similar to anti-hunter tactics.

Well in essence they should be. We should be a anti-poacher as anti's are "anti-hunting".

13-Sep-19
Dirk - point taken, and classic "handle" you got there

13-Sep-19
Dirk..... I think you make some valid points. The guy is a sleazebag and I hope he loses his hunting privileges and pays heavily.......

But I don’t see a need to start some kind of smear campaign against his livelihood....

13-Sep-19
Diggler nailed it.

Speaking of nailing it, Wasn't Dirk Diggler the guy in the video's from the 70's? LOL

13-Sep-19
If we don`t go after these types in our community then we appear to be enabling this behavior.

If anything we as hunters need to hold these types to a higher standard than the general public AND the anti`s do. This criminal act disgusts us MORE because we are stewards of our resources.

13-Sep-19
He will hire a good attorney and get with anti hunt Gov in NJ and walk free.

Be hunting this season some where else. Has OTC tags in other states this season I will bet.

Guilty wealthy folks get passes while innocent regular guys always get screwed hard.

No priors and he’s hunting this season in NJ with a super attorney.

KH~

13-Sep-19
Well played Dennis

The Dirk Diggler Story is a 1988 mockumentary short film written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. It follows the rise and fall of Dirk Diggler, a well-endowed male porn star. The character was modeled on American porn actor John Holmes. The film was later expanded into Anderson's successful 1997 breakout film Boogie Nights.

13-Sep-19
Oh I laughed I love it. I mean who wouldn't want to be Johnny at some point in their life.

13-Sep-19
what a douche bag

13-Sep-19
It really is odd that this world traveling "hunter" felt the need to poach a NJ whitetail. Makes you wonder how many of his other animals were killed under questionable circumstances. I'd be willing to bet this wasn't the first time.

Incredible that he was caught by the trail camera. Right place, right time, and a cell camera at that.

14-Sep-19
I don't "wonder how many of his other animals were killed under questionable circumstances" at all. This one action tells me everything I need to know...

14-Sep-19
Maybe none of his animals were killed illegally but we know now that if he would have been in a situation where they had to be taken illegally he would have done it. Looks like he will be getting 2 years double secret probation.

14-Sep-19
Good attorney or no attorney he will hunting this fall. The court system takes a while to prosecute and if he gets a conviction it probably won’t be until 2020. Innocent until PROVEN guilty. We all know that probably won’t happen.

14-Sep-19
These two states are, as of July 2018, not members of the IWVC: Hawaii, and Massachusetts.

14-Sep-19
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interstate_Wildlife_Violator_Compact

14-Sep-19
Yer on it Quinn. He may hunt same public land until case has been adjudicated.

Key an eye out or cel cam out? He maybe leaving a few more remains for your viewing? Keep an eye out for that Kuiu Bandit.

Kana

14-Sep-19
how did he kill the deer

14-Sep-19
We’ll never know but common sense says there’s no way that’s the first animal he’s poached. Likely a number of his animals had legal issues if some kind involved if he’d stoop as low as he did with that buck. What a piece of trash

14-Sep-19
Killed the deer with a crossbow

14-Sep-19
A string rifle sniper huh.

Figgers

Kana

29-Oct-19
Any update on this?

29-Oct-19
November 4 court date I believe

30-Oct-19
What a douchebag. Glad that the cell trail camera worked so well.

30-Oct-19
Crappy deal all around, especially for the guys planning to hunt that whopper legally.

Checked the big game records database, just out of curiosity, and the above-cited person has only one official listing in the archery records, a brown bear from Kodiak Island in 2009.

31-Oct-19
That is a real shame. Can't say I'm surprised though. Hunting Long Island NY has shown me how many hunters will break the rules for a nice buck. I would bet 50% of the big bucks are shot over bait at night.

31-Oct-19
"Hunting Long Island NY"

Living in the midwest, something about that just sounds so strange. Mention New York and I've always pictured skyscrapers and taxis, not deer hunting. I need to get out more I guess. LOL!

16-Nov-19
How did the court go??

16-Nov-19
We all have our strong points and weaknesses and some guys can’t help themselves nature of the beast.

16-Nov-19
This guy gots his money’s worth for his tags!

16-Nov-19

GF's embedded Photo
GF's embedded Photo
"’Hunting Long Island NY’ Living in the midwest, something about that just sounds so strange. Mention New York and I've always pictured skyscrapers and taxis, not deer hunting. I need to get out more I guess. LOL!“

You see that dark green strip on the Jersey side of the river? That thing is CRAWLING with whitetails. One of the biggest racks I’ve ever seen on a roadkill was within 100 yards of the tolls for the George Washington Bridge.

NYC has rats with pointy noses and naked tails, rats with wings and rats with hooves. Craziest place on Earth!

04-Dec-19
Kind of sad... Just heard he received a $2000 fine... which is nothing to him I’m sure

04-Dec-19
Joe C - the professional Jersey poacher had his day in court today. 5 violations, totaling $2,000 and no loss of license since it has been 5 years or more since his last violation. Wow that should really stop him!!! - not What a deterrent that will be to all the other illegal horn-collectors.

04-Dec-19
A $2,000 fine is about $5,000 less than paying for a type of hunt that may produce a small chance at a buck like that. What a joke.

04-Dec-19

JohnMC's Link
Maybe some yelp/google reviews mention his ethics would help indirectly increase the fine??

05-Dec-19
No loss of privileges?

05-Dec-19
that google / yelp thing is interesting.

destroying a business that impacts many other employee families is a collateral damage that one may want to consider. the unintended consequences of an action are too often left unconsidered until the impact is felt.

05-Dec-19
No loss of privileges - correct

05-Dec-19
I don't know the specifics of the case, other than what's been stated here, but it sounds like the judge just handed a professional poacher a license to continue his trade.

Matt

06-Dec-19
In Minnesota now I think just about any big game violation results in a 1-3 year loss of privileges, This jackass should have been run through the wringer. People make mistakes but I’m sure his only mistake was getting caught.

06-Dec-19
Obviously a VERY good Lawyer

• Sitka Gear