HH 16-Sep-19
bigswivle 16-Sep-19
BIG BEAR 16-Sep-19
Bowbender 16-Sep-19
HH 16-Sep-19
HH 16-Sep-19
HH 16-Sep-19
11-Sep-19
tell me about your Hawaiian adventure Im going with Pat, just not sure what species and where yet looking for a hiking and sightseeing type hunt

11-Sep-19
I went with Pat almost 20 years ago on the wild boar with a knife hunt. One of the most exciting hunts I’ve ever done and he was a great guide. I highly recommend the adventure!

11-Sep-19

mountainman's embedded Photo
Pat?
mountainman's embedded Photo
Pat?

11-Sep-19
thanks Mountain man I needed to lighten up a little today that was a good one. oz

11-Sep-19
Maui- (1)Drive the road to Haunna (2)Go to the top of the lava mountain and imagine you are on the moon walking on the lava rock and looking down on the ocean (3) Go to Mamma’ Fish House in the middle of the island for a dinner and sunset. (4) if in season go whale watching. (5) go to Plantation Golf Course for lunch- enjoy a daily fresh tuna sandwich.

11-Sep-19
Moutain man LOL

11-Sep-19
Axis, Molokai

Sheep on big Isle.

Careful cuz the TNT protestors are on road to Mauna Kea camped.

Ive been told that aituation may go viral soon. Like it did in ND a few years ago.

KH~

11-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo

11-Sep-19
On Maui rent a 4wd they won’t let you take a car and go from Kahului to Kula to Piilani hwy 37 around the S end of the island towards Hana. The last 5 miles are very rough and rental agencies prohibit taking cars on this road. Zero services but the coolest scenery on the island. In May I saw pigs, goats deer , pheasant and turkeys. Take a 12’ ultra light surf rod , 8 lb test clear line and stop and hike down the ravines to the water and toss light salt water soft plastics with a clear float , no weight. You can also use raw shrimp no fishing license required.

11-Sep-19
Is that Pat Fisher you will be hunting with?

11-Sep-19
Yes sir

11-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
KH~

11-Sep-19
Mamma’s Fish House!!! Mmmmmmm!!!! Watch some kite surfers on the north shore. Those guys are insane.

12-Sep-19
Kens in Hilo. Best food on any Island. Open 24/7 365.

Breakfast all day, everyday. Ono Grinds!

Aloha’s

KH~

12-Sep-19
Recent Maui trip - unfort wasn’t able to bow hunt, yet did manage a spearfishing adventure with Top Shot (Jeremy & Kuau). Both Maui & Big Island options available. Would also recommend Da Kitchen (local spot in strip mall near airport). Have fun/travel safe.

12-Sep-19
I hunted with Pat in February. Axis deer were quite fun even though I was in the worst time of year. Pigs are abundant and would be fun as well. We also did a spearfishing trip with a guide which was amazing too.

12-Sep-19
It is worth a grueling day to sacrifice to fly from Maui to Pearl Harbor and visit the memorial. I was taken away by the large numbers of Japanese visitors who were visiting the memorial the day we were there.

A very humbling experience. Also eerie walking gang plank from ferry to memorial and seeing the oil bubbles continue to rise to the surface of the water.

12-Sep-19
I was on Maui in July. We went to the volcano off shore to snorkel. We also had our own snorkel gear and went to a few other beaches and they were all great. We had a rental car and took it on the Road to Hana the back way and had no issues. We did the ride counter clockwise. We started on the west side of the island and enjoyed that part the most. Get the Yelp app and look up food trucks and dive bars if you are into that kind of things. Lastly check out Oyako Tei. It is a very small place to eat that was operated by some little old ladies. It was a fun place to get breakfast.

If you go to see Pearl Harbor go to Marukame Udon. The food was amazing.

As you can see I didn't hunt while there but I did eat a lot of good food and enjoyed every minute of the trip.

12-Sep-19
I've hunted with Pat for axis on Molokai and pigs on Maui.

Pete

12-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
KH~

12-Sep-19
Clearing up a comment I made earlier. You can get to Hana on the 37 hwy in a car. 100% of the car rental agencies void their agreement if anything happens on the last rough stretch. A tow would be pretty expensive.

12-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
Yep, the lava rick boulders been coming down on the road there.

Gonna be wirk on that road here before wunter storms hit.

KH~

13-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
Friday 13th 2019 Moon on Pacific

kh~.

13-Sep-19
Nice pictures Shawn.

13-Sep-19
Huh

U funny Yogi Braddah?

KH~

13-Sep-19
Pat's good folks. Known him for 20 or 30 years. He's spread a bit thin, but dancing as fast as he can..... =D

What time of year are you looking at for your hunt. Bow or rifle? That might make the difference on what and where.... Pat has operations on two or three islands. Every one is different as to species and..... culture....

13-Sep-19
Td bow hunting and i will go whenever or whereever as long as good hikes sight seeing and something to go afternoon mouflon axis

13-Sep-19
Say hello to Hedgehunter while you’re there.

13-Sep-19
He stays at Steve’s when on Lanaii i’m pretty sure. I know Steve dont know Pat.

Know Steve since 99ish and Poto longer. SF guy from Early days of Nam.

KH~

13-Sep-19
I can't help you with advice on a guided islands hunt but you can easily hunt DIY for Axis, sheep, pigs, etc.

Not sure if this site still has a PM function but if so, feel free to hit me up. Hunting in Hawaii is awesome, especially if you're already here for something else. It's a long trip jus for a hunt and quite expensive just because of the logistics of renting a car, house, etc. It's all I have for local hunting and I'll always return to hunt with friends even after we're back on the mainland.

14-Sep-19

PAstringking's embedded Photo
PAstringking's embedded Photo
Good luck. Hawaii is amazing

14-Sep-19
Looks like Lapaiki.

Thats a representative buck from the Sandwick Isles.

Not seeing a bow here? These are very hard to bow hunt in State bow only area. Makes elk hunting look rather tame. They will jump string with 300fps plus bows at distance. A quiet bow is paramount.

KH

14-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
Kana~

15-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
Good after hunting the heavy bush Kana Beer~

16-Sep-19
thanks everyone , the search of when to come and what to go after is on

16-Sep-19
Spring , i like March to Middle April for deer.

Have to temember the Axis will have hard and velvet all year round. Seems like the Keawe’ beans are abundant in march/April and you can find good bucks in them.

Kana~

16-Sep-19
Did you move out there from Tennessee Hedge or are you just there surfing ??

16-Sep-19
Whose Dis Braddah Hedge?

He must be one hella Bow Brah, huh Uncle? My brother Know him he big pig and sheep hunter use to live and work on Hilo side and Molokai.

Hey , you got man crush on da braddah, yeah?

Kana~

16-Sep-19
Good lord

16-Sep-19
Not really... I was glad to see him kicked off here.

16-Sep-19
Never knew a Ranger to lie.....

16-Sep-19
Poor Ha’ouli’s and Yogi’s wit nothin yo fo all day.

Most FAG’s (fomer action guys) got lots to get done everday Brah.

We like to shoots fattys un smoke em all day long. K~

16-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo
K

16-Sep-19

HH's embedded Photo
HH's embedded Photo

HH's Link
K~

• Sitka Gear