arlone 14-Sep-19
HH 14-Sep-19
Shawn 14-Sep-19
HH 14-Sep-19
badguybuster 14-Sep-19
TD 14-Sep-19
HH 14-Sep-19
13-Sep-19
Looking to get some booted resoled. Do you think it`s worth it or would applying the cost to a new pair be more cost effective. I know sometimes manufacturers don`t charge you the full cost of the quote as a measure of customer service, but still don`t know

13-Sep-19
Iv heard both good and bad but I think Iv heard enough bad that I wouldn’t do it.

13-Sep-19
Replace and move on

13-Sep-19
Depends on how well they fit. And what kind of shape they’re in.

13-Sep-19
I had a pair of work boots re-soled but my work paid for it. I wouldn’t pay out of my own pocket to do it..... I’d buy new. They turned out pretty good with a brand new Vibram sole.... but you could tell by looking at them that they were re-soled.

13-Sep-19
I had a pair resoled by one of the shoe/boot vendors that display at the Harrisburg Show. Cost was like $45 about 12 years ago. Was worth it to me. They were/are a good quality boot with a sewed on bottom, not just the glued on that you see in many boots today.

13-Sep-19
Never the same, buy a new pair and move on, I live where Red Wing Boots are made.

13-Sep-19
I had a pair of work boots redone for $75 since the boot was discontinued. They are heavier, but will be good enough for work boots. I probably won't have another pair done.

13-Sep-19
I've had a pair of leather Red Wing Chukka Boots re-soled. They did a fine job. Added a lot of life to the uppers that were still good. Cost me around $65. They quit making that particular model with a steel toe that I need for work, so it was a no brainer for me to get them re-soled.

13-Sep-19
I had a pair of LL Bean boots when LL Bean was really LL Bean and I owned them 20 years I had them re-soled 54 times and it never cost me a dime. I had to pay to ship but they shipped them back for free. They did wonderful work. That said I had a pair of Rocky Elkhunters re-soled a few years back and cost me 70 bucks and they just were never right. Shawn

13-Sep-19

GF's embedded Photo
I reckon these are about due! But I think I’ll just glue ‘em back on...
GF's embedded Photo
I reckon these are about due! But I think I’ll just glue ‘em back on...
And FWIW,I’ve got old cowboy boots that have been re-soled a half-dozen times or more. Yes, you can tell. So what?

13-Sep-19
I've had my LL Bean rubber bottom/leather top boots resoled twice.

I've had my Foot Joy Classic golf shoes (2 pair) totally refubed (inside, outside and soles/heels). The models I have are no longer made and they fit my foot very well. It was worth it to me to have the shoes totally rebuilt.

13-Sep-19
Had a pair of keen trek mountain hunters resolved and they did a nice job. You get about half as much wear out of the insides and then thier shot. Thier now my wood cutting boots

13-Sep-19
I have a pair of 20 year old Rockys that they resoled about ten years ago. I only wear them when it’s really cold but they’ve held up well.

13-Sep-19
I just had my Kenetrek Mountain Extremes resoled by Kenetrek this summer. So far so good, they feel the exact same to me, but now I can get a grip again. It was about $140 and I figure if I get a few years out of that it's worth it compared to $500 for a new pair. The uppers are in awesome shape so as long as the resole works I'll keep doing this until they're done.

13-Sep-19
I know a lot of folks who are serious backpackers who have had their Limmer's resoled after many years of abusive use. It's held up well. Not sure about other brands... But suspect it works so long as the upper is in decent shape.

14-Sep-19
A good ($$$) boot with a welt, uppers in good shape, worth doing IF your hunting takes you to places where top dollar boots are a necessity. I hunt flatlands where cheap boots are good enough - and disposable.

14-Sep-19
I did both of my pairs about 4 years ago and they are still going strong, although, the upper part is starting to get wore out...…. I sure like them and hate to try and find new to replace but oh well

Good luck, Robb

14-Sep-19
I get my work boots resoled all the time. I have a pair I just got done that’s now on their 4th sole. I have another pair that needs it’s 3rd sole put on and I have a new pair waiting in the wings for when the old leather wears out. Because of my job, I am very hard on boots and I’ve yet to have any problems with resoled boots. If it’s done properly I don’t see why not? These are on Redwing 877’s.

14-Sep-19
My Dad worked bridge construction and wore Red Wings, Irish Setters, I think? Had a soft sole that would wear down. Had his resoled many times before wearing out the uppers. Just had it done by the local shoe guy. Of coarse this was 40 years ago, so doesn't mean much today!

14-Sep-19

HH's Link
By good quality American made hunting boots and you can get uppers and lowers/soles replaced .

Pretty much goes without saying, good hunt boots need to fit properly and if you have some that are correct for conditions two pair are what you need. You know if you have a quality boot company if you read there repair page.

KH

14-Sep-19
Should say 4 times on my post. LL Bean used to be a great company! Shawn

14-Sep-19
Thats true.

If ya want real American leather/rubber hunt and outfitter boots for all seasons,

Hoffmans in Idaho.

That Bob sole has really made an impression on me over the years walking on rock or in burns or blowdowns cover in snow or ice.

KH

14-Sep-19
Ive had my Tony Lamas resoled 4 times by a local shop. Zero complaints

14-Sep-19
Had a pair of Russells resoled 3 times before I finally wore the leather through.... they did a great job, boots worked well. Had a pair of rubber bottomed Schnees(?) resoled twice until they said they couldn't anymore. Only so many times you can stitch leather along the same lines I guess.

My understanding is it really depends on the construction. Sewed/stitched are more repairable than the glued on soles. (Cowboy boots are classic and I've seen them last generations. I have my Dad's boots and have replaced the heal myself with parts online. Nailed and glued. They look near new, only use them for "dress")

And many if not most of the glued soles are not "universal" they are propitiatory for THAT company, THAT model boot and in THAT size. Some companies may repair.... some may not. You would have to check into it with THAT company.

Was a day when cobblers were fairly common. Now it's a rare find to have one nearby it seems.

14-Sep-19
Schnees pacs or outfitters from MT are similar to Hoffmans.

Hoffmans just sells a larger line of products . The will resole pacs and or put new leather uppers on. Costs about half of new boots Price and you have new.

Have had my two 10” outfitters with bobs done many times. They stitch right up holes in leather uppers.

Kana

• Sitka Gear